Why always "Verse"?

There is zero connection between the graph you posted (price index of in-game items) and the statement you made (EVE user numbers are in free fall and is doomed to get closed down soon).

CCP will not make your idea (turning EVE into another failed PVE on-rails themepark) a reality, because CCP actually listens to the EVE user base and takes their concerns to heart (it’s how they’ve managed to stay in business despite EVE “dying” since 2003). You should investigate what happened in EVE history around 2010.

2 Likes

EvE is still on after 15 years, when other MMOs died after a few years because its mechanics. Loss means something here and without loss there is no market circulation. Build, “Crush, Mix, Burn, Repeat.” Drebin, MGS4

1 Like

And we’ve given those ideas the exact level of respect they deserve.

You know what the word “potential” means? It means “I don’t like it and I wish it was something else.” In this case, you’re talking the very heart of what makes EVE what it is. Well, guess what. It’s not something else. It is what it is. If you don’t like it, the owners of the company would be the very first to remind you that you are free to leave.

You wouldn’t notice because you’re not really an EVE player, but normally in these kinds of threads people try to explain what makes a game like EVE worthwhile. In your case, everyone can already see you have no actual interest in being part of EVE. That really makes this thread more of a stealth ragequit thread, which has a completely different tone, more along the lines of “good riddance.”

There is zero connection between the graph you posted (price index of in-game items) and the statement you made (EVE user numbers are in free fall and is doomed to get closed down soon).

This :point_up_2:

+1 in local

The only reason wow has a player base at all is the devs use their massive resources to reinvent the game with each expansion.

When they don’t, like with WOD and there after, it hemorrhages players. Now that blizzard are focused on other games and have stopped reporting on subs (a year after eve did) speculation on it’s death is rife.

Why do you think you are here? It’s not because everything is great with wow.

You came looking for a wow clone. But everything following the wow model is dead and dying. And whilst eve is having troubles, it’s more since 2013-2014 when CCP thought it could be more like wow and nerfed pvp in the most populated areas of the game.

OK great idea, bring back PVP in all that areas, but for more peaceful players create safe areas where they can work in peace and everyone will be happy PVP-er will have their battlegrounds for themself and peacefull players will have their “space garisons” and everybody will be happy in their own worlds and pay subscriptions fee.

1 Like

Spliting the player base is not the answer.

We need them, They Need us.

LOL why, PVP-er need prey and people are not stupid to be that, lets be honest lets pvp-ers fight with pvp-ers, and creators build their garissons, traders could do necessary interactions, ISKs for ships and blueprints :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope. You still don’t understand even the basics of EVE. I’d say to do the tutorials all over again, but I don’t think it’d help.

BTW, my most-liked post on these forums is in a thread on this topic.

You do not understand people we are not the same someone want to fight someone want to build, leave figters their world and let they do whatever they want, but introduce new people in Eve and give them wht they want - creation, not endless fight.

1 Like

EVE’s entire marketing strategy is for having the biggest PVP battles in the world. One of their old marketing strategies was that what you do in EVE matters. If neither PVP nor mattering appeals to you, you are playing the wrong game.

Your idea is without merit. I’m gonna go ahead and turn off tracking on this thread. There is nothing of value left to be said.

That strategy can remain in fighter part of sandbox, lets make something more creator part of sandbox so anyone can chose his style of game.

1 Like

That already exists. It’s called other games by different studios. And never the twain shall meet. EVE though is a 1 shard sandbox. Period. No compromise. Ever.

1 Like

Everyone a pvper in eve, be it attempting to sell at lower prices so people can buy your goods, to flying a tanked skiff instead of a hulk so that the guy in that hulk next to you is a more likely target. If we have no pvp then we have no demand in the market. It why every wow clone market is ■■■■, because once you have it there no reason to get another.

Core of the game sandbox. PvP is on by default. Consequences attached to high sec.

Do you want to say that Eve is only for PVP-ers? That rule significantly restricts the potential number of subscribers and will lead to big problems and maybe even termination of Eve online. PVP or nothing wil probably lead to nothing. Pitty I love Eve online like most accurate elite mmo clone.

1 Like

Eve has been dying for more than a decade then. Oh wait… still going strong.

1 Like

Two main dogmas here

• Eve is PVP only
  • everything is all right

… so many heads in the sand

1 Like

Yep. If you don’t like PvP then GTFO. We do not want pathetic carebears like you in our game.

That rule significantly restricts the potential number of subscribers and will lead to big problems and maybe even termination of Eve online. PVP or nothing wil probably lead to nothing.

EVE has been like this since it was created, including periods of massive growth while even more PvP-focused. EVE will someday die, but it won’t be because it was a PvP game.

You just don’t get it, because you’re a pathetic carebear. EVE is a successful game because of its PvP focus, because it has no safe space where you can ignore PvP. It’s one of the very few games where building something matters. You didn’t build that station because you turned off PvP and made success inevitable, you built it because you organized a group of like-minded players (while keeping out the spies who want to wreck everything), defended your operation against those who want to destroy it, and pushed through until you reached the end goal. Take away the PvP and that accomplishment becomes nothing more than a measurement of how many hours you have spent “playing” the game. You remove all meaning from it, all sense of pride, and therefore all reason to ever play EVE.

2 Likes

As a pathetic Care-bear, I just want to point out that I wouldn’t like EVE if it had safe spaces. There would be no excitement or point to mining and transporting if there was no danger. It would just be dull for me. I love that I have to fret and take care not to get ganked. The content that is created by other players possibly always trying to kill you makes the game great in my opinion.

3 Likes