Why are there no Incentives to PvP in EVE?

It would be nice if PvPers could somehow damage or disrupt activitys/objectives in a way that null players that don’t undock get punished for it. Like reinforcing repair services in a station, or stealing some isk out of a ESS.

However the only thing that happens when I fly through systems is people docking up. If i would do this consitently ADMs would go down, so cloaky camping is actually the most refined nullsec PvP.

There are indeed some flaws to the PvP gameplay, getting fights started is an art without any mechanics/incentives the games provides.

Shooting the new gates is actually one way, however Keepstars are huge force multipliers even at 200k and killing ships on there is terrible cause they will reapproach.

1 Like

Newsflash

FORUM TROLL TRYS TO SAY THAT THE MOST HARDCORE PVP MMO IN THE WORLD HAS NO PVP INCENTIVES.

Nice troll.

(on the 1% chance you were not trolling and genuinely want some kind of pvp gear then check out Faction Warfare it has an LP store - like the honor store in wow - where you can buy some really nice faction goodies that give you an advantage in pvp such as upgraded ships and modules)

Incentive to PvP was surviving and lost freedom, fun was side-effect

When you’re mining, loot pops up like magic out of nowhere, correct?

Yeah I’m with these guys. I think if that heart pounding adrenaline rush and the sensation that washes over you when you defeat your enemy is not enough then maybe PvP in Eve isn’t your bag…

2 Likes

I seriously suggest you play EVE for a year before making suggestions, almost everything you have said is contrary to EVE in some way.

EVE is not a WoW Clone MMO, everything you “learned” about those MMOs is wrong when applied to EVE.

I would also like to be the first to ask for your stuff. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This guy is most likely legit.

I base this on observations of similarily minded people who have no actual sense for the game and instead treat it like a theme park where they jump in, get a fix, then jump out. CCP started baiting people into playing and logging in, which resulted in attracting people who need to be baited, else they won’t be logging on.

But the worst is that there’s actual morons out there who truly believe that we need more incentives to give people a reason to play the game, which ultimately would only attract even more who do not want to play the game for playing’s sake.

5 Likes

This game in fact punishes you for doing pvp. First you need to put time and effort into grinding isk to afford it, then you need to put time and effort into buying, fitting and moving ships and lastly put time and effort into finding said pvp. Unless you’re rich there also comes the punishment of loosing sp because you didn’t fit +5 implants so you gain sp slower. Compared to other games that is a huge difference and well, you have to like/appreciate that to play EvE.

Pvp gear? Considering everything you do in EvE you do in a pvp environment there should be no distinction between pvp and pve gear. One thing I hated in SWTOR for example, was that pvp/pve gear was different and I would like to see exactly opposite in EvE.

1 Like

But that’s the thing! It actually has turned into one and the more of these kinds of people join (and they’re many already) the worse it will get!

Evidence that there’s tons of people treating this game like a theme park:

• “BUT MUH PLAYSTYLE”
  • “WHY DON’T YOU GO TO LOW OR NULL IF YOU WANT TO PVP”
  • “HIGHSEC NEEDS TO BE SAFE IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE FOR NOOBS”
  • “I ONLY WANT TO EXPLORE I DONT CARE IF THERE ARE OTHERS THEY SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO INTERFERE”
  • “WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG TO DO WHAT I WANT”
  • “THAT NPC GATECAMP IS ■■■■ WHY DO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT”
  • “NPC MINERS ARE STEALING MY ORE WHY IS THIS HAPPENING”
  • “WHY IS THERE NO INCENTIVE FOR DOING THIS”

These guys have NO sense for the virtual world they are supposed to be living in. Instead they play like “jump in, get fix, jump out”, but HEY, as long as there’s enough of these guys who throw money at CCP the game’s fine, right?

RIGHT??

8 Likes

First off, as a fellow newer player welcome to the forums. There is a lot of… enthusiastic… players on here. In my short time with Eve as well I see where you are coming from however PvP is just part of the larger picture. Your billion in losses gives profit to industrialists, which in turn incentives them to make more, which creates competition, which lowers prices and spread availability, etc. The circle of Eve life.

However, the major issue someone else hit on the head was Eve is a battle of numbers. You can fly a 1b Battleship into PvP, but you’ll likely be slaughtered by a pack of 5m frigates. This wouldn’t be an issue except that pack of frigates is likely 1-2 dude(s) multi-boxing which kinda takes the fun out of it. My incentive to take a destroyer out and look for a fight is not existence when I know I’ll be swarmed by 2-3 as many people.

You DON’T know that though, you’re just assuming it is the case, which is bonkers at best! You’re literally destroying your potential fun with nothing else but the idea, instead of just going out there having fun anyway! It makes no difference if it’s a multiboxer or two seperate pilots, you will still lose!

Your “likely” is nonsense! You just assume it’s the case, and you’re ruining your fun in your head before you even log in and TRY.

2 Likes

Maybe stop bringing expensive ships? If you only fly t1 cruisers with t1 modules you can keep each cruiser loss to about 5m after insurance.

1 Like

Please let me know where 2-3 casual players flying destroyers/cruisers will find a fight that isn’t assured to be a loss and isn’t ambushing some hauler or industrialist.

Go out there and find them. That’s how it works. You should not expect that you get exactly what you want, all the time. You can NOT ever find them if you NEVER try!

You will NEVER find any good in your Life in general, if all you do is thinking about how things are PROBABLY, MAYBE, POTENTIALLY not how you want them and thus NOT EVEN TRY.

That’s EXACTLY what you’re doing!

2 Likes

Or I could do PvE content and industrial content that actually gains me a profit while I wait for a fleet to be called up. That’s the problem, in the end time is money. Low sec was meant to be that middle ground (I believe), but you’ll likely find emptiness, aka a cloaker looking for an easy target that won’t waste their ship engaging you.

The game is what you make of it. If you keep thinking of reasons not to do something, then you’re doing it wrong.

PvP in other games is handed to you because it’s the same as PvE, queue up go fight, fight ends, queue up again. Just like dungeons in those games. PvP in eve requires a little more work and effort which makes it much more of an accomplishment then simply hitting a queue button and being carried by your team. I PvP for the challenge.

1 Like

I pvp for profit in high sec.
I use a small cheap ship to entice a larger more expensive ship to shoot at me.
It works, and there are space prolapses and much therapy involved for the larger ships.

1 Like

Some people have the idea of making your fun in a patch of mud as what the sandbox should be.

Meanwhile the idea that mud might be repulsive and will only get people to laugh at them is impossible to entertain for them.

So is the idea that building a proper sandbox, with castles, walls, tools, and guides might actually be more profitable than a patch of mud.

You have to be pretty dense to not realize that if you do not entertain the people who come to your game, they will just go elsewhere, whatever how pure and glorious your vision might be.

1 Like

This is why with a few exception thinking of EVE PvP in any way as a solo game is wrong.

If your expectation is fair 1v1 fights, then I have a question for you: When you leave can I have your stuff? :slight_smile:

2 Likes