Why bigger is worse in Eve? Scared to unleash is potential?

The way that I always looked at it.

Luke destroyed the Death Star with a small fighter.

The Death Star destroyed a planet.

2 Likes

@Shipwreck_Jones you might think I donā€™t agree with you, but I do

Nothing more, nothing less. Is all I want.

But this really gave me to think:

If you checked in evewho.com and thatā€™s why you think I am having difficulties in progressing the game, I must say this is a random alt account. I use it as a logi when i go as a crazy pirate. Multi-boxing is not 1 vs Many, 2 dreads is not 1 vs Many. I do multi-boxing, and I might not be very good at it, because It drains out too much focus and energy, and cant keep it up for more than 1 hour. But multi-boxing is not 1 vs Many. I am soon to get another account to good dread skills, but that is not 1 vs Many.

In all your examples, you focused in showing me the possibilities, and you are totally right, but u didnā€™t focus in 1 and exclusively 1 vs many. A FC is not 1 vs many, is a leader of a fleet in Many vs Many.
For all that think that I have a hard time in Eve, or that is a hard game for me, I modestly say I am grateful to be in a very big alliance in nullsec in which I do all types of activities. I do it better or worse, and sometimes the FC goes mad at me, but like you all said, there are always things to do.

I must repeat my self on why I write this post. It is not because current game mechanics donā€™t work perfectly fine for me, is simply the 1 vs many pvp fights. I do gate camps and sometimes they are fun. I participate all I can in attacking, bashing and defending, although my main activity is the market. Like I said in the beginning, Eve for me is a great game, that works great, pvp fights are some of the best in all games, is just 1 vs Many part where I find it could improve.
And for that I suggested improving targeting, improving missile damage appliance, and turret tracking. Of course it is beyond my capabilities to suggest in what measure, how much, which ones, or anything more related to balance.

@Shipwreck_Jones I totally agree with you. I only wish this post could stop being about me, about how bad or how god I am, because I only wished to focus in one particular aspect of this game, and this post should not be about the billions I make every day or me having difficulties to progress in game.

1 Like

@giGLi Up to now nobody told you are even mean that you are ā€œbadā€ . first you need to see the difference ā€¦ You have offended same way when I have mentioned a couple of things you need to learn ā€¦
Being on the way and having lots of things to learn doesnt mean that you are ā€œbadā€ ā€¦

The reason this forum post become about you suddenly is:

You are just bringing ā€œissuesā€ from your perspective and your struggle points. And many of your comments are they donā€™t even exist in-game the way you presented ā€¦

i heard you are very proud of your null alliance ā€¦ you think itā€™s very good for you to learn the gameā€¦ but you only learn the game there one wayā€¦ They only teach you what they need you to know to make you use for them ā€¦ they are there for profitā€¦ it a huge well oiled grinding machine ā€¦

Believe or not believe ā€¦ there is corporations in eve onlineā€¦ to be able to join you have to proove them that
1 .you have to kill bigger targets with smaller ship solo and explain the fight
2. you can keep up with chain fights with multiple targets at least 1 v 3 and that has to be min against the same class ship with you or they need to be bigger ā€¦ and you have to explain the fights with detailsā€¦
i have been in one of that corporationā€™s couple of years ā€¦ they had been all solo PVP pilots and nearly 50 thousand solo killmails mostly in these standards ā€¦ and we donā€™t fleet up more than once in a couple of monthsā€¦ so nobody had been fleeting no one even really "social " ā€œin spaceā€ but we have been talking about kills ships fits constant.

When i start learning PvP i start with frigatesā€¦ Frigate fights are intense ā€¦ in a very short timeā€¦ ever decision you make your knowledge. piloting and psychā€¦ can change everything within seconds ā€¦ they are skill ceiling of eve online PVPā€¦ if you manage frigatesā€¦ rest is not an issue at allā€¦ because to hold these fights properlyā€¦ you need to take lot of fights learn and change. But you cant really do these where you are sitting atm honestly ā€¦

about solo PVP 1 v 1 and 1v manyā€¦ i sugest you to take a look at this videoā€¦ I had 2 trainers who grow me into PVPā€¦ he were one of them ā€¦ i ll be always gratefullā€¦

just dont give upā€¦ where you struggle is where you will begin to thrive ā€¦ the point you struggle and want to change is the point where we commit to this gameā€¦ therefor we are trying to explain

In a vacuum like space, Mass doesnā€™t affect speed directly. It determines how quickly an object can change speed (accelerate) under the action of a given force ( thrust ).
Lighter objects need less time to change speed by a given amount under a given force.
Alternatively, mass determines how strong a force has to be to accelerate an object at a given rate. Lighter objects can do with weaker force to change speed by a given amount in a given amount of time.
Thus, mass is a measure of objectā€™s inertia which is resistance to changes in objectā€™s motion. This is what the equation F = ma means.

Note that speed is relative (i.e. depends on the choice of the frame of reference) and, in the framework of Newtonian mechanics, for each object there is a frame of reference in which it is moving at arbitrarily high velocity.

Edit: that is where EVE and many other space games donā€™t take into account the reality of space travel. As it is now the thrusters are constantly engaged unless Warp is initiated. In that scenario EVEā€™s ship should continue to accelerate, but they donā€™t. They keep a constant speed.
In reality, the thrusters should be disengaged in order to keep a constant speed. Of course, EVE being a game, we have cool-looking thrusters on at all times besides Warp and full stop.

Hey ! At least we dont full stop abrubtly when we come out of warp like star trek :joy:

In Star Trek, once a ship comes out of warp it is under constant Impulse Power.
The Star Trek Technical Manual has Full Impulse listed as Ā¼ of the speed of light, which is 167,000,000 mph or 74,770 km/s. The second a ship comes out of Warp and impulse engines take over itā€™s speed depends on the rate at which it was going under Impulse Power when Warp was engaged.
In real life there is no ā€œfull stopā€ in space. Objects in space are always moving due to the gravitational force of planets and suns.
With Impulse Power, Star Trek could be said to be more accurate than EVE.

Heyā€¦ %98 of player base doesnt aware or never fly the ship manually even :slight_smile: in that case more than enough i woul say :))

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.