Why can cruisers fit Large Battery?

Youve replied to the wrong person

1 Like

For the same reason that I can fit 3 MASB’s on my Hawk…

I once put a torpedo launcher on a Cyclone.

Hey it was funny.

1 Like

I ONCE did it on my stealth bomber.

Hilarity ensued.

2 Likes

what T1 cruisers are people getting over 1000 DPS in ??

The M letter at the cruiser ship info means it is USUALLY fit with medium modules, if the ship has the powergrid and cpu to hold large modules u can go for it.

The obvious solution to this problem is to just rename them from “large” to “extra-medium”.

2 Likes

rename shield modules classes : small to “tiny”, medium to “average”, and large to “yourmother” ?

2 Likes

I’ve fitted a 1400 arty on my cane does that mean I am overpowered? https://zkillboard.com/kill/68402349/

1 Like

No you are obviously a bad person IRL, you probably hate kittens and everything!

1 Like

I do I do I do believe in magic!

Thats why I just nailed a Heavy Missile Launcher I to a Kestrel

14 dps at 87km baybeeee

1 Like

try fitting rlml to a jackdaw, for lulz and giggles.
(protip : you can. and it gets the bonus of reload)

edit : rapid light not heavy :stuck_out_tongue:

not even jocking
[Jackdaw, I haz midz]
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Ballistic Control System II

5MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive

Dread Guristas Rapid Light Missile Launcher
Dread Guristas Rapid Light Missile Launcher
Light Missile Launcher II

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Inferno Fury Light Missile x201
3 Likes

Even better,

You can fly a proper fit tristan with 1 x Ogre II. Image that a frigate using a battleship level drone.

3 Likes

its matter of having the resources and if the benefits offset the drawbacks given by the module. a Medium Shield Extender or a Cruiser-grade Armor Plate can work on a Frigate but it usually comes at the cost of other stuff compared to using same sized modules, however, there’s moments where you really need that ship to get such a big buffer.

same applies to overzied prop mods, a 100Mn Afterburner on a Cruiser can get you speeds close to that of a 50Mn Microwarpdrive without ■■■■■■■ up your capacitor pool or your signature radius. you’re gonna take ages to change direction in the ship and you cut a lot of the powergrid avaliable but you can go fast even under webs so its a nice tradeoff.

same goes for oversized Cap Batteries. using a larger battery on your ship means you get a huge boost of avaliable energy on top of having some neut resistance while saving one or mor slots in the ship for other things. it will gimp you to a degree where you wont be able to use certain weapons due to the higher powergrid cost but it means you keep your modules running longer in a fight or even be cap stable without building the whole ship around it.

4 Likes

JC! Someone had to say something. Now CCP is going to nerf it! :wink:

Only a few ships seem to be able to use it effectively so I like it because I can fly those ships.

But I like the outside the box fits!:upside_down_face:

I love stuff like that. Not that it’s any good but it’s the kind of thing that shows little holes in the “balance” and what we can come up with when there are no adults in the room.

Back before SoE exploration ships I used a exploration fit speed tanking cyclone with a 100mb AB on it. I could get up to 900ms with that thing. And yeah it had a turning radius the size of a small moon. But It helped. On a wide arc with drone mods I could draw the rats off the side, pop out to 150, warp onto the cans, and then hack/analyze before the rats/sleepers came back. Drone fu and 2 missile launchers helped. I also had a cloak on the thing.

Then one day the messagebox “you can’t access this container while it’s still being defended”.
The ship that survived wormholes and nullsec for 3 years went home.

Here it what it had. It’s going to be the strangest thing you ever saw. But it worked well in its day. I don’t have the actual fitting save for this info from some fitting program my computer no longer has.

Capacitor Power Relay II
Signal Amplifier II
Heavy Missile Launcher II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Large Shield Extender II
Improved Cloaking Device II
100MN Afterburner II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Target Painter II
Ballistic Control System II
Light Armor Maintenance Bot I
Drone Link Augmentor II
Large Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I
Nanite Repair Paste
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Analyzer II
Codebreaker II
Salvager II
Medium Gravity Capacitor Upgrade I

I usually used small Hobgoblin 2s and ECM drones.

It eventually died to some extremely rare Serpentis escalation in 2014.

2 Likes

I just tried; HAM fit, I can get 880.5 DPS heated on a basic Caracal polarized platform -before implants and boosters -with lots of fitting room to boot to make that damage apply and range. I expect with a good set of implants,boosters and drugs 1000 DPS is for sure in the ball park for fully skilled Caracal HAM pilots… boy what a rush that would be to fly in a fleet of 3-10 hit and run…

1 Like

The precise phrasing “primarily fitting with…” -I think this leaves it open as a general rule of thumb, but with some play room for those of us that love to tinker. Ship fitting and trying new fits, honestly, is my favorite part of Eve. This is where I spend most of my time. Then I go rat sleepers to pay for the ones I want to try/refine… It is really exciting when you do something and think “Uh… that shouldn’t work!?”. Of course most of the time here you don’t find the obvious weakness until you try to apply your ship (and quite often loose it, hehe).

1 Like

yes , perhaps your math . :slight_smile:
care to share this fit with us ?