Why CCP are you now regulating loot?

This, above, has been standard in Eve since it began.

Look at the PI extractor graph sometime. Notice something? High at the start and tails downward afterward. Eventually if that graph were long enough it becomes flat at the end. This is CCPs standard, well every MMOs really, of loot tables and in game monetary rewards/time. Some are flatter, others rise and plateau, but all end up with an isk/hr rate that CCP closely controls and always has and always will.

@ OP Your results are typical of what I would expect from CCP by now in my years of playing. Ironically only giving one skin type to each player would mean that the market itself wouldnt be as flooded and the skins will keep their value instead of be overfarmed like most other things.

CCP rebalanced some loot tables and escalation chances, alongside the changes to pirate battleship bpcs earlier this year. So yes, there was a reduction of deadspace items dropping. This was intentional.

1 Like

I think there is an average isk per hour, but I disagree its always been regulated or the player has been Nerfed pre alpha cloneā€¦ I have never experienced in the past prior to alpha clone any effort on CCPā€™s part to prevent or hinder in anyway the reduction of loot drops or site spawns. They have all been on a steady mostly random and in some cases timedā€¦ I have held 20+ of a single dead-space module but canā€™t seem to do that anymore despite the same effort. Of course the pi graphs are flat at the end itā€™s to prevent someone just setting pi and leaving it run raking in the materials ā€¦ its more of a mechanic to also simulate although fictional a planet mining operation. Would be like mining lasers have no cycle time and ore hold are infinite. putting a limit on that is not really what I am talking about.

If I am correct and they are preventing you and me from randomly looting then the mechanic has changed and the econ is going to be impacted. I am not saying its a negative impact. Players who only run sites to sell dead-space and other modules are left without a path. I suspect a major change happened behind the scene in order to now monitor and/or limit the drops a player can earn. This is major. I just ran 13 more rogue sites and no duplicates. I know a lot about the game it was almost mentioned in my divorce :face_with_raised_eyebrow: For the 6th time I find it hard to break even after paying for game time with isk. l now I am going to have to do something else to make enough isk. And that is ok but I would still like to know if this changed happened or am I seeing chem trails in the sky. Oh and yes trolls if I donā€™t have enough isk to pay to play then I donā€™t know how to play eve" there now that thats out of the way." CCP?

I read the notes but did they prevent you from having more than one of a module? A reduction of dead-space items dropping is a bit of a major understatement.

Have seen less items drop, but not the issue you are reporting here. Will check but I am certain have received multiples since the changes.

duplicate skins and deadspace? would be great to know.

MMO Reward Theory

Its actually all very controlled. The PI graph is the most obvious and visual of the behind the scenes programming. :wink:

Your post makes no sense. The cost to play the game is 0 for an alpha.

Resources in this game are trivial to come by. There is no CCP house system designed to steal your due.

Weā€™ve always been able to determine the theoretical max m3 a miner can pull in, and the value of the ore has always been set by the market. There is nothing evil about that. You can assay the value of a roid field before mining it, its a defining feature of the profession.

There is nothing controlling escalations or loot drops, other than the percentages in the table, which is why people like me, have seen ridiculous drops where an overseer drops 3 or 4 things from a table of 7 or 8 deadspace items AND their associated pirate ship bpc. Likewise we get streaks of 50 anoms with no escalations and other times we get 3 in a row. That is typical rng behavior.

2 Likes

So what if the cost to play the game is 0 for an alpha. what alpha would not like to be an omega with nothing more than isk they got from selling loot? CCP house system? The post is question if anybody is getting duplicate skins and dead-space loot drops. you telling me ā€œThere is nothing controlling escalations or loot dropsā€ is pointless unless you work for ccp and I donā€™t see CCP logo. You say Likewise we get streaks of 50 anoms with no escalations and other times we get 3 in a row." good to know so do I But did you and only you get duplicate dead-space loot drops . Did you get any duplicate skins in the event?
I think the question is easy to understand.

Yes easy to understand but not really what I mean. The mechanic is more in line with mining not loot drops.

Yes people get duplicate skin drops.

There is 200 hulls, you arenā€™t likely to see duplicates until you have 50+ skins.

Actually it is in line with loot drops. The same mechanic as a % RNG chance applies to R&D and invention chances. Ive got 0 for 29 in invention over 45ish% or more. Yet it will always go back to the % chances if u continue doing enough.

Yet what I have found over the 15 years of playing is that that curve is about how it works for almost everything BUT mining. Mining is one of the consistent payouts that simply stays at the isk/hr rates.

What you might be stating is the hit or miss aspects that spike above or below that isk/hr rate for such things like exploration or loot drops. But trust me it does end up at the isk/hr rates CCP has hardcoded into the game. Just as the links Ive provided show are in most, if not all MMOs, out there.

I Have 117 SKINS! its not just skins also blueprint copies

so when you say ā€œBut trust me it does end up at the isk/hr rates CCP has hardcoded into the gameā€ You are implying that CCP is and has been all this time capping our isk/hr rate except for mining. 117 skins in and no dups. It just looks like to me that the system looks at your loot history and decides what to give you based on that. The game even drops Fps and I have a gpu frame-time spike right as I open the wreck. It just to seem to get less and less skins the more of the sites I do because I have more then half of them. I donā€™t know? Thank you for the detailed reply.

No, what I am saying is that ALL activities but those that involve piracy or ā€œemergent gameplayā€ are controlled like all MMOs for an isk/hr rate. Some activities are easier to see the isk/hr rate, aka mining, and others are more erratic like loot drops or explo, yet all if done long enough DO give the % chance, drop rate or isk/hr that CCP wishes. This is simply an industry thing. So its not a grrCCP issue.

I used to GM for hattrick, which is an rng based game. They had a million players at one time and thus 500,000 games a weekend. 1 in a million results happened, and people that got 1 in million results tended to be motivated to discuss them on forums and/or get angry about them if they were not favourable and were often insufferably smug if they were favourable.

so iā€™m angry or am I insufferably smug? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :sunglasses:

They also drop. I got 2von one toon last night.

Wrong. You further discredit yourself with not knowing how the sites work.

CCP lowered drop rates from some DEDs and may have reduced spawn rates.
They only vaguely gestured which ones.

On the plus side, it means when you do find a site and get a drop, you will probably get a better price for it.

HS DED modules in particular have significantly lost value in isk over the last years.
Even the desirable Gistum-C Invuln has dropped from ~350mil two years ago, to ~220mil.

There might be an upswing in DED module prices now that Alphas can fly a wider range of more expensive hulls with 20mil SP, and some of them might opt to bling them up to compensate for the lower skill cap.