Why did CCP stop creating actual content?

/thread

It’s weird, but I don’t remember any Sandobox that lived without PVE.

Ofc controversy will arise, they guy mad with “whales” is also asking for more NPC intervention.

Other people take just part of the phrase you say and reply totally out of context.

The answer I gave was on topic, how this derailed into some rant about “what I want from EVE” is not my business.

We also have a guy that’s so hot if he posts a lot of accusations without any proof he did not expect CCP to lock the thread.

Go figure.

I’m not going to discuss, botting, whales, finantial quarters, 'cuz we need to stay on topic, otherwise all threads become are our own private toilet shared with others.

2 Likes

i didn’t say eve don’t need pve
i said the "emergent gameplay ", the player made content was the most important part
now some people expect guided content like other more mundane MMORPGS

Although I started with that phrase my quote on your post was to agree with the content after the first phrase.

lol, stop being so reactive about one phrase, or not…

okay :smiley:

It was supposed to provide NPC’s to shoot at during the chapter 3 invasions, which it did, now they serve no real purpose as the Triglavian story has ended, they are just left as a reminder of times past, what are you expecting them to do other than provide free loot and salvage to people? :stuck_out_tongue:

The purge is happening, boys and girls. Buckle up, this thread is next.

3 Likes

We need infowars.com but for eve

Trigs are still there, still invade high sec and low sec. The consequences of trigs have not gone away, but all consequences of edencom are meaningless to people who supported and still support trigs. Yes, I expect them to do something because 50% of the consequences did not just vanish. I expect that people with positive trig standings should not have positive edencom standing

You should give them time, it takes time to create idea’s run through iterations, and then test and implement.

That being said i suspect ccp/eve are in really big trouble and are proceeding very carefully.

There is a few reason for lack luster, broken & unfinished content.

1. CCP is a for profit organisation. (They must make positive 1/4 turn overs or the game will be closed & IP sold by their owner.

2. CCP have a large development & equity debt in the game, ie, players are too ISK, Plex & asset rich.

3. Content creation costs dollar investment.

4. Players are not paying more dollar for new content as they can trade in game items for new content.

5. New content is not creating turn over, see point 1.

I predict a sharp rise in the quality of new eve content, however new content will soon be locked behind a paywall such as a token season pass.

Pearl Abyss has seemingly abondoned CCP’s plex debt by not providing new content ie, expert systems at a plex price.

Could that just be the omega subscription ? Perhaps we will see regions locked behind that as well. Can only enter abyss/pochven/???Jove space/ as Omega. Maybe make wormholes enterable by omega only

That’s a weird argument for lack of content creation. Why do ISK, assets and PLEX matter if you create new missions, new anoms, new signatures to explore? They could matter for things that involve PVP directly or things like Sov, but for things in the PVE realm that brings people into space and keeps them there, these things are irrelevant.

CCP likes to cite their fear of angering and frustrating mission runner with new missions because new missions would break with their customs and patterns. I think this is a hilarious argument, too, because they do not tire to introduce frustrating and annoying features in all other aspects of the game.

That argument is outrageously bad. If that was the case, we’d be stuck in EVE from 2003. It is a very wrong argument. New content keeps people engaged and playing and paying subscription if the content is done right and good and meaningful and not frustrating people without appropriate rewards. New content can also bring in new people because the game offers something new to explore, to discover and to learn if it is done right and in good quality and properly thought through.

I have a topic with numerous suggestions on PVE concepts that are new-ish and that give particular regions in null sec a unique flair so that people might want to go there and live there to exploit this content. I have also suggested many things that revolve around other (failed) new contents like the Trig Shits to involve more people in this Trig crap via special agents appearing around Trig activity hotspots who provide missions to help the Empires or Trigs so that even mission runners can get a taste of this failed Trig content without having to get too involved in it if they do not want to. All of this would keep people in space where they can be engaged by other people or engage with other people, not like Abyss space which removes people from space and removes interaction and engagement chances from the game.

CCP has 1 game to develop and maintain. If our subscription money does not go into the development, improvement and maintenance of this 1 game, where does our money go? What are these EVE devs doing other than developing our game when they get paid for that work? Development costs money, sure, but this is literally CCP’s only reason for existence and therefore it’s an irrelevant argument. Development of EVE costs them the money they make with the development of EVE. It does not cost them extra money they had to source from some other place.

TLDR; I don’t acknowledge content I don’t like.

Sorry/not sorry, because I also don’t.

You have a very naive view of the computer game business. The money eve players spend goes into the profits of the company owners who are the share holders of PA & maybe legacy options or ownership.

Funds are allocated back to EVE for development. If that development is unlikely to create turn over then no new funds will be provided.

To clarify eve development did previously create turn over, I doubt development is making good margin now. CCP profits are up owing to the lockdown, the war & other factors including regional localisation into non latin scripts.

Story & in game asset development in my opinion likely had a negligible effect or even worse a negative turn over. Hence pochven being abandonware ect.

1 Like

I get accused of that bad habit all the time.

1 Like

No omega subscription is our baseline, your ideas must increase turn over beyond base. Your idea is rejected & your employment will be terminated unless you bring me a profit idea by 4.30pm Friday.

1 Like

Beacause Seagul have a long term vision. Seagul have understand to have pvp you need prey.
The issue is CCP go for short term cash generation.

Seaguls update require sometimes 6 month to 3 year to be fully “operational” in term of game impact and retantion of player (reduction of ship price for new player, more freedom to player, more target than ever in 0.0 etc …)

But CCP want a drastic increase of player in short term, so they go to thing who will increase a lot the predator , the increase is very very fast , but the side effect is you will loose player at mid term. And it’s what happen since blackout.

CCP said they make change to make eve abble to live 1 more decade. In fact they make change to make the game survive by scam new player with a lot of monetisation. But they make a lot of thing with only short term in mind.

Scarity is very bad for the game health ( yes CCP i know you said the opposite, but actually fact are on my side, remimber the 200 M$ you loss ? ).

In fact for the healt of the game they need to restore old level of wealth generation at minimum to make new player have a hope to catch old player.
They also need to reimburse all vet who loose everything with remove of safety whent hey was not here.
They also need to stop make short term change and go for long term change. Scarity is not a long term change, it’s a “we don’t know what to do so we temporise”. And this temporisation just make palyers stop.

One additional reinforcement timer for a one time payment of only 4.99! This will make us millions in Delve alone ! Pls dont fire me.