Why did CCP stop creating actual content?

Keep it coming however we are concerned our western player base will reject what they consider “pay to win”.

It is not pay to win obviously since the better skilled player will reinforce the additional timer too. Its actualy promoting elite PVP combat since a extra timer means a extra fight.

I am thus applying for promotion for this briliant idea that as stated is not pay to win, makes us money and creates “content”. Our year long data has shown that players love shooting structures since our data shows that players spend hours shooting structures !

I didn’t much care for the direction CCP Seagull wanted to take EVE and I don’t much care for the direction CCP is taking EVE now. For me, EVE was at it its height when CCP Soundwave was lead game designer.

I was a carebear back then and I know a lot of bears thought Soundwave and co were trying to destroy highsec and drive everyone to null, despite that, this was the most magical time of EVE for me and it has never been the same since.

Look CCP have my email & they know I’m avalible for 3rd party consultancy so I am reluctant to provide consultancy for free like some csm.

If you really want to make cash from the eve ip without,

a) pissing of your base
b) spending loads of cash on development
c) splitting your base

then here is what you do, make eve 1.2 in the same client.

The story of eve 1.1 is that the earth was over crowded & resource starved so people went through a wormhole to tq 1.1.

TQ has potential to be starved of the only rescource CPP care about which is cash as everyone is isk asset rich in 1.1. The solution is for a new wormhole.

Poverty patching 1.1 just hurts new players it is time for 1.2. You do not let any resource travel between 1.1 & 1.2 other than empty pods. However plex can be redeemed anywhere & 1.2 has a magnitude economy ie, a rat that drops 1m isk in 1.1 drops 100m or 1b in 1.2. Oh look the player base has willingly left 1.1 & thus immediately solved all issue. Set status quo in 1.2 as you see fit.

But in reality CCP is making good turn over so why rock the boat? Its a great time to be a ccp employee, do nothing don’t rock the boat, try not to fry your liver or get to fat & get paid.

Actualy make me lead game designer. I got ideas, the best ideas.

I want : 1 bottle of high end whisky a month. A 8/10 (at least) Asian Waifu. A apartment with a view (living in the office is an option). My own bathroom at the office and air conditioning. No glass walls office room and lockable door.

2 Likes

That is pretty much ccp shanghai.

Well I got my desto then.

How are you going to live on only one bottle of whiskey a month? A week I would understand, but a month? That waifu’s gonna be doing the heavy lifting in that compensation arrangement.

Access to new ships and gates locked behind the $ store price, and they would expire?
They already sell the SP packs for people, they expire. They could make it for new content. There is the gate and fence already in place, but what is behind it?

@Apu_Chipri
dear Apu,

It is with a light heart that I have to inform you that CCP are not the content creators, your worries are over. Yes sir ! They create the tools for us to create content with, insofar we ourselves are not the content already.
While there is certainly something to be said for a few additions to the set of tools in existence (yes, I would very much like to see a trig stealth bomber, or the cruiser sized stealth bombers ccp fozzie mentioned a year ago, or functional edencom ship weapons, etc), they focus hard on creating new content by focusing on the NPE and adding new content in more lasting ways. Patience is our friend in EvE.
So, if you seek content, search no more. Undock and meet non-consensual content creators. Everyone happy !

Fly safe o7

2 Likes

Okay CCP did one extreme (the standard “big expansion” MMO paradigm) and then they went to another extreme (the small, multiple per year “updates”). There are pros and cons to each approach.

It is time CCP combines the two approaches.

Just wondering, how is Pochven abandonware any more than other regions? Thera for example has been added to the game once as well and has a similar function of a centralised subway hub. Only Thera works with wormhole connections, while Pochven is the spider in the web spanning the entirity of EVE with filaments.

Is Thera ‘abandonware’ as well according to you? And other regions that were once added to the sandbox?

To be fair… it sort of is.

This system has been added as a new tool in the sandbox and still is as functional as it ever was. Whenever I want to quickly move to a specific other region of space Thera is perfect.

And when I want to quickly move to a random other region of space, filaments are great. Or when I want to go to a random high sec region of space from anywhere outside high sec, taking a trip through Pochven beats most alternatives.

1 Like

Soundwaves vision of Eve was glorious, but they did not either have or allocate the resources at the time. That’s why I made this toon. (That and I needed to spy on someone real quick, but mostly homage to Soundwave) People were giving the man a hard time for playing D3 on his day off. Like he wasn’t trying his hardest to make Eve incredible.

The current rebalances I can understand but don’t know if they’ll work. I had a really nice side business that’s gone now. It didn’t render any of my accounts useless, for those that it did, a lot of them left.

So now Eve need a bunch of PvP newbros, which I don’t know if they can pull off.

A literal means of travel can hardly be considered meaningful content

Good point tbh.

Travel means travellers, which means content.

Gates are a means of travel and they too create content (gatecamps and the fleets busting the gatecamps).

Ironically, filament travels may increase content in Pochven, but reduce travel through often camped gates, reducing the content there. But I think it’s healthy that there are alternative means of travel past gatecamped gates.

1 Like

See this is where the confusion comes from, EDENCOM were only ever created to prevent the triglavian collective from taking control of a system during the chapter 3 invasion, the current WH threats aren’t actually trying to capture the system so EDENCOM won’t respond to them, remember EC was only ever fighting to maintain the status quo

The consequences are still there, jump in to an EDENCOM fortress or minor victory system with negative EC standing and see what happens

Then you need to fix your expectations because that isn’t the case anymore and this is by deliberate design for people with poor EDENCOM standings to rectify the issue, the same way the SOE missions exist so people can fix their negative empire standings

That’s the point. You do not have negative standing anymore because you gain standing for both sides by shooting drifters and drones. It’s illogical and removed the entire reason for the existence of Fortresses and Edencom MV.

I don’t have to fix anything. Trigs are still raiding empire space, they still have empire space systems occupied (see Trig MVs), they still consider empire systems as hunting grounds. I suggest that you fix your perspective instead because it is highly illogical. Granted, CCP seems to follow your illogical perspective as evidenced by the state of the feature complex. And it’s sickening.

1 Like