Why did CCP stop creating actual content?

Its no worse than the current empire standings which can be entirely negated to nullify any effect from them by just running SoE misisons

Well you’re free to expect the impossible, much like the 3rd coming of jesus or trump turning out to be a genius, doesn’t mean its going to turn out to be true

You mean like pirate faction FOB’s that already do the same thing? and yes they took control of empire systems, those are no longer really empire systems given they lost control of them, not to the extent they lost the systems that formed Pochven but you’re basically looking at the equivalent of trig high sec and low sec (MV’s) and null sec (Pochven)

So much like the empires police their space so do the trigs, if you’re expecting in some way to undo what happened, you’re going to be disappointed, your chance to affect the outcome ended with chapter 3

Whats illogical about the trigs defending the space they took over? i mean thats literally how the united states of america was formed, i assume you’re also going to every single country that was ever invaded and settled by a foreign country that their claim to that land is illogical and asking them to leave right?

You not liking the way the game is evolving is perfectly valid, but, its their universe with their rules, and i don’t see any logic issues here other than people with expectations that don’t match the design goals that need to adapt to reality

Which takes ages because you can only run the SOE Epic Arc every 3 months. Normal missions do not get that. Quite the contrary, SOE has negative standings to Amarr, for instance, which means SOE storylines negatively impact your Amarr standings.

Pirate FOBS are something very different. CCP never made the Empires form a special entity just to combat the pirates. IF you want to compare something, at least use the same type of feature and not something wildly different.

That Edencom does nothing to prevent Trigs from roaming all over high sec and low sec. That Edencom has no impact on capsuleers with negative trig standing and even allows them to get positive standing with trigs and themselves, despite them being war enemies with trigs. If you don’t see how illogical that is despite Edencom still existing as an entity that was formed to combat trigs, I can’t help you.

Color me surprised. One could give you a thousand reasons for why things are illogical and bad and you’d still go 3 apes on these reasons. With that attitude, you are the perfect customer for CCP’s garbage tier development practices and quality. Ill-informed, misleading, ignorant and easily pleased – that’s the type of player CCP needs to survive, and you combine all of these aspects in one person. Congratulations. :slight_smile:

Maybe CCP abandoned it because it didnt help retain players.

Maybe in future they will remove Pochven and trigs in space entirely. There will be abyssal space only left, without Pochven.

Depends how many people use it vs how many people quit because of it. How much CCP gains money vs how much they lose money.

If CCP was thinking like they they will have revert all change since blackout.

But CCP think they know what will happen, and player just wait they to make change… They forget player could just stop the game.

EDENCOM only exist so they could have sites for trig supporters to murder without tanking their empire standings, they are literally filler in terms of gameplay lol

Not their job, they are there to prevent them from claiming systems and holding ones they defended, nothing more, you’re expecting them to in some way act like a police force which isn’t the reason the group was formed

And i can gain positive standings with the angel cartel and keep my sec status high negating the penalty for doing missions with them in the first place

Because you’re under the assumption that it was created to fight trigs and not to defend systems from having their ownership changed, two very different things, there is currently zero risk to the actual ownership status of the systems that get C729 WH spawns ergo EDENCOM has no purpose in defending it, just like faction navy won’t kill hostile NPC’s in their space either, they are now just a generic NPC threat players have to deal with or avoid, just like the rest of them

Because you’ve given me reasons that are based on a misunderstanding of why EDENCOM exists and what their actual purpose is

CCP don’t want to invest because they don’t have a idea how to do it.
I remember one of old CSM member that said that CCP said to them that no matter how much they invest in EVE the income isnt growing.
Well duuh if You invest only for current specific player base what else to expect? EVE could be a really big $ magnet if they deliver something more, expand EVE (just look at those crazy Star Citizen money…).

What i mean by that is at first place redone the UI to look more modern and be more readable (example ship control looks bad), tutorial should be longer and better.
New players should get additional skill points for doing acctivities, let’s say for first 3 months players could also get SP for finishing few lvl1 missions, lvl2, etc. doing DED sites, doing something in WH, LS etc with little tutorial windows on how to do it. This will teach newbies more, lure them to game and pull in, also they could at start catch up to vets (those first 3 months of additional SP for activities should correspond to 3 months of normal training).
Also PVE needs redone, especially mission system to be more like abyssal, have cool spawns and be playable with friends.
And the biggest income is WiS, sorry but this is true and only way for EVE to make tons of . The could sell armors, skins, weapons skins etc, furniture for capt quarters lots and lots of micro transactions, and this would not impact vets and EVE core because space gameplay would be still EVE

2 Likes

With WIS!

3 Likes

You can but you will be -10 to Gallente and Minmatar. By design, it is almost impossible to have good standing with adversaries. The only exception from this rule are Edencom and Trigs. Illogical and ill-informed, as said.

Exactly their job. Trigs are not pirates that you chase away with the Police. They are a military invasion force that a military defensive force is supposed to repel. That’s why you join the military NPC corps in FW and not the police corps. Ill-informed, as said.

i have a friend , he is the guide reader, number crusher, knows all type , he said is impossible to have good standings with the factions in eve, if you gain one you lose other etc. he quit the game…
i believed in him for years . now there is another friend of mine who is following the plan , and grinding a lot but he is positive with ALL factions including the pirates
its possible
super work, but possible

Care to provide a reasonable argument/proof why you believe this?

Yes, and the invasions ended, there are no more invasions, there are only random spawns now, there is no threat to the system ownership, they have served their purpose and no longer have a reason to exist other than to shoot at for trig standings

Now try caring about the lore and chronicles.
Put the sharp objects away

They should try that one at the Pentagon next time one of their wars goes south lol

1 Like

Just like yesterday they said they are killing people, but now they are only eliminating enemies.

Trivialization.

2 Likes

“Neutralizing Insurgents”

1 Like

CCP makes new content, and people say that they should work on balance and fix bugs. CCP works on balance and bugs, and people say CCP needs to add new content. No matter what CCP does, there will be someone complaining about it.

2 Likes

Maybe they should like… do good stuff then?

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I like jesus features and new content as much as the next guy. But I also like balance changes and bug fixes as well. Moreover, the game is already chocked full of content (developer and player made). I’ve been playing for 5 years, and not only have I not had my fill of HS and null, but I haven’t even touched WH’s and lowsec content yet.

Now, to be fair, it does seem like CCP has been focusing a lot on balance and bug fixes lately. So, I can sympathize with those hoping for some new content and jesus features. Yes, we have gotten some new content since the abyss (in spite of OP’s claims to the contrary), but it’s also not exactly been super popular content either. So, I can understand why many people’s hunger hasn’t been satiated.

I am still curious about pochven though. The thought of grinding standings is extremely unappealing to me, and it is a bit of a ghost town, but it’s content that hasn’t been “solved” yet, and there is money to be made out there.

But that’s enough. I need to run.

2 Likes

Pochven was a jesus feature. So were the Edencom ships. I am not that impressed with what CCP does when they come up with “great” ideas.

3 Likes

I would rather say it was devils spawn preceded by orgy of destruction.

And EDENCOM ships are like those knights in shining armors that come too late with their shining rods and try to tickle the devil to show it how good it is to laugh.