Why do players use cyrillic alphabet?

If we compare chinese to japanese and korean, and russian, they are all distinct in their method of treating writing language. Oh, they are all distinct, not the same. :sunglasses:

This is a joke, right?

1 Like

A troll and a fairly low effort one too

1 Like

CCP should put that universal translator from lore into game chat, this will improve things a lot. Also it should translate from english to understandable english.

Yes every player in eve online will be FORCED to type with English letters.

(only in common chats if my idea can gets implemented)

Why?.

If only it could force people to think before postingā€¦ in the meantime we have to read this ā– ā– ā– ā– .

We used to kill players over this, may need to start doing so again

2 Likes

This has got to be a troll surely.

1 Like

There is no NEED for thatā€¦simple as it isā€¦

Everyone has the RIGHT to write in his own language may it be cyrillic,chinese or even klingonā€¦

Thatā€™s the bottom line you donā€™t understand.

This is not about ā€œunderstnding each otherā€,itā€™s about "keep those ugly letters away from me,i donā€™t like themā€¦

THATā€™S the problem you donā€™t want to seeā€¦

And my suggestion is not against it. It is not about how people write, it is about how people read. Russians still can write in cyrilic but I want other players to be able to see their cyrilic letters replaced by latin equivalent.

Its a noob thing.

Simply, people find it really really weird when they log into the game 1st time and look in chat and see someone writing in cyrillicā€¦ - They get spooked, woundered, etcā€¦ - Simply by the fact, thats everything is new to them and on top of that they didnt understand the cyrillic languageā€¦

• Put your self in that placeā€¦

which they will not understand too because its still russian and not englishā€¦this totally makes no sense at allā€¦

Thats is wrong, because of reasons already described by other players in that very thread. But you can try to convince CCP to give YOU ability to see everything in readable latin, since your level of social intellegence does not support any other char set.

No itā€™s a you thing.

2 Likes

Exactly for those, who fail to understand, that large portion of russian EVE slang are english words, written in cyrillic, I made a valid example in one of my posts ā€¦ Feel free to read it again.

ты уŠ¶Š°ŃŠ½Ń‹Š¹ трŠ¾Š»Š»ŃŒ

Honestly, there are no such reason you speak of which are of any ā€œimportanceā€.

Im not trying to dank down the cyrillic alphabet here by any personal means, i mean what would they be? Im just trying to make this game user friendly to everyone.

still totally senselessā€¦the only reason given by the op ist ā€œi find the letters ugly so begone with themā€ā€¦so he (personally) is annoyed by themā€¦

this person has no RIGHT to demand this and no other one hasā€¦

And to this a clear : NO

ā€œyou are a terrible trollā€ - yes i used google translate for this one, - but should every new player be forced to do that?