Why do you call it "content"?

Isn’t that toddlers? Mind you, that’s sometimes apt here :smiley:

1 Like

Education.

What I’m getting at here is it’s pretty obvious you aren’t getting any support and the community as a whole will continue to call all the… ‘Content’ content. So why persist to argue against the majority over wording? Surely there is more to it than that

2 Likes

It’s called content because the 99% of eve time time where you’re unable to find something interesting to do because the game is too safe doesn’t feel like content.

Definitely not a majority. A very vocal minority, certainly. Are you suggesting the effort is pointless? That you can’t dispel ignorance?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

wingspan_delivery_services_slogan_mug

1 Like

A miner who is mining in a belt, which is an action for him, is content for me, a suicide ganker who prays on miners.

That’s some education for you.

2 Likes

And in turn you, by becoming criminal, become ‘content’ for white knight types. It’s almost as if the game is designed to include CCP generated content for PvE/training purposes, and a framework that makes each players actions become effectively a random content generation system. When you become a criminal by your actions, you are no different in game terms to a burner NPC or a belt rat.

1 Like

Yeah, it seems op either doesn’t understand this or he has some fixed idea how that word applies to games.

The latter. Content to them is something they can put in a box. You cannot put miner bumping into a box, hence it’s not content. I don’t know where they got the idea from, but that’s their line of reasoning.

3 Likes

This was why I compared EvE to a content Management System. Everything inside the framework is content, CCP create, review and publish the content that forms the framework, players create the in game assets, targets, drama, etc through their actions. It’s a much more broad use of ‘content’ certainly, but in this case a more accurate one.

CCP has always stated that players are a part of the game’s content.

I find people who think their actions wouldn’t be part of the game’s content are showing how stupid they are.

2 Likes

I notice you never addressed my point.

If you setup an event in game, then you are creating content for other players.
Therefore you, as a player, are creating content.

I definitely wrote that line in haste. The developers have given players specific tools for the creation of content, i.e. the ability to deploy starbases.

Does a player-organized event qualify as “content”? That’s a good question. I would have to say it probably does qualify.

However, a player-organized event is a far cry from a miner-gank, which some refer to as “getting content” (not “creating content”).

We’re trying to.
You’re the one either not noticing, or flat out ignoring, that the use of ‘content’ is jargon.

However, if it helps, when actions are done, an event is created. Events are nouns.

–Eventful Gadget

3 Likes

So every NS war is content. Every roam is content. Every mining op is content. Every freighter gank is content. These are all player organized “events”.

Wut? You just got done telling us you think player organized “events” are content. Players have organized to gank (the “event”).

Edit: Crap, did not intend to “reply” to Whitehound.

2 Likes

I’m deeply offended. No, wait. Maybe it’s just something I ate. Not sure. Will have to wait until my next toilet session.

1 Like

How long do you have to wait before it officially classes as not being able to give a ■■■■?

1 Like

I wish I could do ■■■■! It’s more like ●●●● these days.

2 Likes