Why do you call it "content"?

Yes, but with blasters, so be polite.

Hey, I’m having trouble with this dictionary dealio. I can’t find where “ganking” is “a thing”. Can you put some ganking in a backpack and bring it over to my house? If the backpack contains ganking, I’d be glad to cancel my OP.

Fixed.

Yeah, it’s not a thing. But it’s lethal.

Rule Britannia!!

Its how we took over most of the world the first time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I now firmly believe American’s claiming they speak English is cultural appropriation…

Does that include yourself?

Oh the irony. :joy:

Heh, never try to be clever typing on a touchscreen whilst holding a two year old. I’m not editing it though, that would be cheating (I’ll leave that content intact).

I was kidding about the cultural appropriation thing to be clear, Though I do believe American is different enough from English to be classified separately. If I remember correctly some elements of American English are actually as they are because they are closer to 16th Century English (s instead of z for instance) than current ‘modern English’.

To be fair, it should be noted that Noah Webster (American Dictionary of the English Language) changed a lot of the spellings to distinguish the written language of the newly independent colonies from that of their former rulers.

Well, learn something new every day. So technically it is ‘American’ rather than ‘English’ I guess, at least in the written form.

Technically it’s a “localised” dialect of English that happens to be used by a whole country; it’s somewhat easier to understand than Scouse or Geordie too, at least in spoken form.

It always amuses me that in the UK the localized accent changes about every 23 miles on average. Confuses the hell out of my wife (she’s Malaysian).

1 Like

If you want a real laugh, in Newfoundland there’s places where everybody sounds like they’re from the West Country, in Argentina there’s a whole community of Welsh speakers too.

We got bloody everywhere, and so did our languages and accents.

Well, there’s the old saying ‘Wherever there’s a mine you’ll find a Cornishman’.

Also I seem to remember there’s a place in Africa where there’s a lot of Scottish heritage and they wear kilts.

Americans dont speak english

tru storie

But no seriously, americans are silly; every time i tell an american i killed him for his booty they seem to get upset about it; especially the wimmins.

Exerpt.
“YAARR shiver me timbers that booty sure looks fine 'n me and the lads are gonna plunder it”

Years ago I confused the hell out of an American colleague by telling him I was going out back to smoke a ■■■.

1 Like

But people look at me odd when i discuss the complexities of a game that doesnt exist in electronics.

"hey agon whats D&D/Pathfinder/Shadowrunner?’ explains “all of this in a video game”…no

Ugh necro…

Considering the word “dollar” is derived from the Dutch word “daalder”, I’d say not only the language but the entire American culture (capitalism) is cultural appropriation. :stuck_out_tongue: