Why do you call it "content"?

Just so we are clear on this… most player actions do not “create” anything and therefore are not content, according to your points. An exception would be deploying a starbase, for example. That creates something. Moon fracking would be another example. Flying 30 times around a POCO creates nothing and therefore does not qualify as “content”.

well, then yer having issues. no one needs to care. and npcs aren’t actual entities. players are. yer screwed definitions of things is no issue to the game or anyone but yerself, so i hope you’ll get over yerself some day. talk about making an elephant out of a mosquito, don’t ya have any real problems?

welcome back salvos, how was your short term vacation?

You are confusing content, with material creation.

If I open fire on you, I’m not “creating” virtual matter, I’m destroying my ammo and your tank.
But that I do open fire on you, creates content in the game, per my action.

Content, in terms of creation of it, is not exclusively actually creating or sourcing a virtual object in EVE, as a structure or commodity.

Its render from Blender. 3D software. Contents are virtual, emm I mean its Chanounian wine of course. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, that’s the argument, because it is absolutely so by definition. An action is not a thing that can be contained in something, and therefore cannot, by definition, be content.

Seriously?!

I legit thought all of that was “real”.

Short :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m legit impressed, and has restored my faith, that it was so.
I know I’m controversial, but unequivocally I will never knowingly harm this game, ever.

1 Like

I think this one of the main things that makes Eve different from other games: in this game the developers do not create the content, they create the platform that allows the players to create content.

Yes, the developers do create some content as well, but sparingly.

I think it might be helpful if you to think of EVE as a self-contained aquarium.

CCP put the sand, topography and objects in it, as content on their part.

We are the fish in the aquarium, and our choices/actions are that which constitute content beyond that which CCP put in our fishbowl.

's all good then, i see.

BTW GUYS, JUST SO EVERYONE REALIZES BECAUSE APPARENTLY YA DON’T AND I AIN’T WILLING PLAYING ALONG ANYMORE!

READ THIS CAREFULLY: OP’S NAME IS MISSY AGGREVATION !

the state of becoming worse or more serious; exacerbation.
annoyance or exasperation.

reporting for trolling. :slight_smile:

edit: no ya can’t hide my post. OP’s a troll, nothing more and nothing less.

Content, what something contains, you’re right that CCP provides the the structure and some auto produced items in game but it is the players who then use this to program to create all other items in the quantity they need and use it to provide themselves and others with stuff to go out into that environment and interact, thus provide others and themselves content in a virtual environment that would otherwise be SISI, try SISI and see the difference.

1 Like

This.

Imagine EVE with not even one single player in it.

Sure, the content would exist that CCP put into that, but thats all it would be.
NPCs would still fly around gates, asteroids would spawn, and Incursions would shift systems, but thats it.

Players are what make all the difference, and provide the real content in EVE.

That’s “aggravation”… an English noun. “Aggrevation” is a Gallente-flavoured surname.

This is inappropriate.

Oh my ■■■■ I couldnt care less, go troll the CSM thread again in protest why dontcha

But it is perfectly appropriate.

Thats a problem.

Its not appropriate to call another poster a “windy old bag”.
Its disrespectful and overtly intended as offensive.

■■■■ my hat, do you get paid to spurt the obvious?

In a troll thread where supposed adults debate the meaning of the word “content”, the only inappropriate thing is someone making any sense.

Nothing warrants you being overtly and intently disrespectful and offensive of another player, as inappropriate in forum rules, no matter what you think of them or what they have said.

Calling someone an old wind bag, in the context you did ans as intended offense, is not cool.

ya need to stop. the forums need ye more than them. flag where it’s appropriate. there ain’t enough people flagging those who deserve it.

1 Like

Except they arent, they are just another lame forum troll alt.

1 Like