Why does forum moderators keep taking down posts that fit within the rules?

I wouldn’t know. As a human being, I don’t melt. Unless I am on fire, like, really hot fire. Or perhaps exposed to a lot of radiation.

I don’t get it…you posted offtopic and it was taken down for being offtopic? So what is the problem?

How does “General discussion about EVE Online” - “general and random EVE related stuff” include a topic about your mentioned person?
How is/was he EVE related?

And i guess you know that moderation discussion is forbidden…but you are going to do it anyway? For continued violations they can mute you, you know?

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the case, forums are just… forums.

For CCP to drop a legit customer, something wild must happen.

@Tessa_Springfield I believe your post was flagged due to the mention to a RL person not involved with EVE Online associating HE to a fake death, while your joke can be appreciated by some kind of people like, idk, Aiko maybe?! It may be considered of bad taste and even problematic to the company that in this case will take the most conservative action.

I recommend you drop that, not worth the fight and to be honest, I don’t think you have a case.

Really, know when to fight and when to retreat.

RETREAT!

PS: If you bored, new Ascention WoW server is kinda cool. EVE forums are better appreciated if the trolling is done sparingly.

Your John Stamos thread, even though you posted an EVE killmail for the character of the same name, was about the actor, really. And if it was categorized under ‘General Discussion’ then those topics there should be EVE-related. There is an ‘Out of Pod’ section under ‘Communications Center’ where you can post stuff that has nothing to do with EVE. I suggest next time you use that section for topics unrelated to the game.

I didn’t flag it. I only flag posts that are obvious violations and an annoyance.

That’s my impression as well.

@Tessa_Springfield if your posts are just flagged and not actually removed by CCP staff, then you can just go and edit your flagged posts and they will reappear again. It’s enough if you just change one word, for example. Post will be back on, and the serial flagger can’t reflag the same thing again. Next time removal requires CCP’s or ISD’s attention.

what?

There is a certain difference between “General Discussion” and “Out of pod experience”. Do you recognize it?

Do you have an idea why your post could be considered offtopic for the one category and ontopic for the other?

My guess is people don’t understand your original post. Neither do i. The actor is not dead as far as i know. The player on zkill is not related to the actor. So what is it you are wanting to tell?

1 Like

@Tessa_Springfield

Just lay back a bit, i dont want you to get banned. There are quite a few trolls that are trying to get under your skin and your feeding them by replying to them. I know its hard to not give them a piece of your intellectual firestorm, but dont let those folks use you up like that.

be at peace, drink you a shot, and please accept these flowers.

:rose: :rose:

Be at peace my friend.

2 Likes

Yes for freedom and democracy! You see this isn’t about that, it is about who owns the forums and they can do whatever they want. I think – just about every year – at the fan fest, they dredge up the original “Eve is Dying” thread for giggles.

I have yet to attend a forum without some form of censorship.

Fly safe o7

do you recognize the original post at all? The death was a player in the game, which isnt an out of pod experience. I know, humor is hard. you didnt read any of it, but you’re a leading expert on all things. Even, and especially when you’re completely out of your depth.

:popcorn: :clinking_beer_mugs:

Thanks for the entertainment! I already know how this will turn out…

1 Like

1 Like

This is a good summary.

As this post is indiscussion of moderation and there is not discussion beyond moderation I will go ahead and close this.

Additionally if you are having issues with filing a support ticket you can always email support@eveonline.com with the email we have on file.

Thank you,

Buldath

2. Specifically restricted content

EVE Online holds ESRB Teen and PEGI 12 ratings. All content posted to the EVE Online forums must be teen rated.

In addition to this, the EVE Online forums are not for discussion of real life current affairs, news, politics or religion. Discussion should revolve around EVE Online and its community.

For these reasons, specific content is prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

  • Pornography
  • Profanity
  • Real Money Trading (RMT)
  • Discussion of Warnings & Bans
  • Discussion of Moderation
  • Private communications with CCP
  • In-Game Bugs & Exploits
  • Real World Religion
  • Real World Politics
  • Content that distorts the forum layout
2 Likes