Why Eve is not a PvP game

Grinding out enough to buy all the BPOs and never using the market?

How expensive do you think those BPOs are?

Not that much individually, but if you have to grind out the BPOs to buy your mining ships and equipment too? Never using the market?

1 Like

Tbh though Im broadly pro PVP, Ive amassed quite the sum outside of market use and without mining. Its not actually that difficult.

And buing the BPOs of the ships you need to get the ships needed to run the missions? And the equipment to fit them?

I am trying to refute the suggestion that it is possible to avoid using the maket in any way and therefore avoiding any form of PVP

And on top of that, all of that without PvP. Sounds like RuneScape’s ‘hardcore ironman mode’* to me. Could be fun, but it’s going to be a huge challenge in EVE’s PvP environment.

*‘hardcore ironman in RS’ means no trading with or help from other players, and death is game over. Since this is a ‘pure PvE’ challenge any PvP death would mean game over. Technically dying to Trigs or other NPCs would be fine though, so it’s not completely ‘hardcore’.

1 Like

I grant its a challenge, but I love how EvE is the kind of game that can allow a player to engage that challenge if so minded.

Admittedly, its the existence of PvP that makes it the challenge.

Are the ships and modules etc that you would be using bought from the market? In that case you have been involved in PvP. No bying BPCs on contract to build your battleship’s fittings or ammo. All BPOs bought by you. Are all the minerals available in a rookie system to avoid PvP? If not you have to go where they are avilable and obtain them yourself, all the while avoiding PvP. I’m not sure that’s doable.

1 Like

I wasn’t putting this up as a challenge, though great kudos to you for even attempting it. I was trying to refute the rather silly statement made upthread that EvE isn’t a PvP game and it was possible to avoid it.

2 Likes

Im tempted to actually create a new head and do it too.

Great idea!

If you get podded, do you have to start again from 0SP?

1 Like

What’s the point of this rant?

How I see it, in EVE PvE is the structure of the game. The possibility of PvP is the life of the game. Without PvE EVE wouldn’t exist. Without PvP, playing it would feel pointless to me.

Win or lose I have a feeling this will be an epic journey. Best of luck!

1 Like

I think you’ve figured it out.

He has to leave the noob system, to get the isk and to get minerals and i think to even get some blueprints. And once he leaves the noob system he’s exposed to pvp.

I don’t think it’s like that in wow is it?

Looking forward to the video Kell.

You can speed it up.

But how else were you going to prove it could be done?

This was your idea remember?

I like how a pure PvE gameplay style consists of ‘actively avoiding PvP’.

That really defines EVE: it’s not a PvP game, it’s a game where PvP can always happen even if you have other goals.

Imagine how much different the gameplay would be if PvP was not allowed.

Can i use that the next time?

Pretty much. The exercise was over the second it started. The second i asked for the characters name…

this problem with this and all charts and categories and definitions with limited exposure come to is the same. They categorize players into buckets that makes sense to them from their perspective.

Your little chart doesn’t factor in the idea that some players are all of the above which is the deep point to my message. ITs not up to you or anyone else to place a stamp on who a player is…thats the @#$#@ problem with this game atm.

Put the pieces in the sand box and if warriors arise let them…but look at the giant care bear null blocks and say they are elite pvp and i lol.

Who cares what others think of their play style…anyone that gets bent out of shape because of that has other thinks to be worried about.

1 Like

I don’t place a stamp on those players, they do that themselves by choosing their place in the food chain. The game is what it is and ignoring the reality doesn’t change anything but just leads to wrong expectations.

Also calm down miner

1 Like