Why has "Seagulling" in Pochven not been declared an exploit

All pve bounty should drop as materials, bounties are dumb. Remove most artificial isk faucets and sinks then let the ecconmy be player driven.

2 Likes

dear gods, a topic we might agree on!

3 Likes

This would make PLEX the de facto currency in the game. I donā€™t know whether that would be a good or bad thing, but Iā€™m leaning slightly toward the latter because PLEX is directly tied to real money, and that would have certain implications.

So there probably needs to be a way to inject some kind of dedicated currency into the game from in-game activities.

Interesting how CCP say seagulls isnā€™t any exploit or player depriving action!

Yet in recent events they post things like the following.

Entering the sites and then flying far away from the entry point to prevent other players from being able to enter, systematically starting all the timers in a system without engaging with the content, and shooting the friendly orcas to prevent players from turning in the ore are all examples of disallowed activities.

If the above example from CCP isnā€™t as near as possible to what is being done in flashpoint then they need to look at their own statements.

They also need to look at the mental stress this system is causing players in T-Space.
As it is promised combat sites from last year werenā€™t added as the team working on this region were pulled off its development and now another team with limited knowledge of the lore, player history and factors (edencomand Triglavian) and hence edencom players have more or less forgotten about and Triglavian players constantly fight with a bug ridden region of space.

So yes seagulls is an exploit of poor CCP community support and development.

1 Like

Yes, removing ISK payout would resolve the problem. But would need a LP store rework to make it work with drops only. Which btw, is much more in need for Pochven.

1 Like

CAW CAW CAW!

Or Just make them spawn less often, now they are there 3 at a time, always. Its easy to get into one just about anytime.

Less free food laying around, less food for seagulls, they go elsewhere. System balanced.

Pochven bears would drown us all in their tears, anyway. :upside_down_face:

Remember, farmers want to farm. They will use every trick in their sleeve to get their profits higher, without consideration for healthy ecosystem.

that is basically what they have been doing for months now, instructions inside their discords telling members to report it en masse as an exploit, when that failed they ran multiple csm candidates who ran on a platform to remove the gameplay, after they didnt get elected it was back to the tickets and then once ccp started replying saying it isnt an exploit they resorted to trying to stir up public outcry

its pretty sad if iā€™m honest ngl

Why should it be an exploit?

What stops you from bringing a few fast ships in your group to go after those ā€˜seagullsā€™ before you engage in the site? Less payout because that takes time and bringing fast ships doesnā€™t contribute to the payout?

1 Like

please, like i didnā€™t get my share of hate when i blow up someone and you donā€™t see me complaing about it

Itā€™s an exploit we are talking about so yeah, except someone to complain, like you did when niarja fall and you got a new connection for amarr-caldari

oh sure mate people get salty when they die, but cmon how can you not see the double standard

(Ps: you would have rinsed my taranis if you had null in cargo, never leave home without it)

It should be an exploit because it can be done while cloaked. No matter how fast of a ship you bring, you canā€™t counter someone that is 10k km away and cloaked.

The fix for this is so simple, just remove the ability to cloak in these sites. Problem solved. Farmers now have the option to chase the seagulls down, and now the seagulls actually have to take at least a little bit of risk to do itā€¦seems fair to me

funnily enough you can actually counter them 10000km away cloaked via 2 methods

1: you can make the zirnitra spam the siege message in local on demand, which is the trigger that 99% of sliders use to decloak

2: if you suspect/know that the site has loads of sliders in, cloaked or not, you can just despawn the site from the anomaly list without running it and move on to the one that spawns, thus entirely negating the advantage the 10000km sliders have setup

that aside, I pushed for changes to these mechanics in talks with reps from the poch community that produced that document that went to ccp, including a load of concepts to make the very low risk sliding no longer viable but keeping active sliding which has risk intact

1 Like

Iā€™m amusing how it look when people, who defend alpha gankers, quantum cores, moon mining nerf, industry changes, etc. etc. etc. start crying after somebody find an easy way to get ISK.

EVE community in nutshellā€¦ :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

This is a very niche group, not a massive multi alliance null sec

Yes i do see the double standard but itā€™s a bit difficult keep your cool when you die on the same double web-scram-heavy blaster- med drones-armor fit thorax/vigilante 3 times in a row

:confused:

images

3 Likes

Do people realy enjoy using exploit because they are realy angry that we manage to create pochven ?