Why lock threads about botting?

Damm, cant give 2 likes. :pleading_face:

Off topic but it’s a shame we get more feeling of community with eve from the volunteers than from the CCP dev’s these years.

I think the Concord Bots in hisec r more of a problem then these bots somewhere out in bumfridge nulsec where nobody goes anyway. They are even more OP than the diamond bots that shoot our orcas even, and you have to read guides and do all kindsa overview trickery to even see them.

Try to Hunt bot that is color blue to be more fun.:grin: Each one should clean its own nest.:hugs:

don’t do something stupid in hisec and CONCORD won’t pod you… that simple.

It’s cute that you think you did something here, but fail to understand that bots are bots, regardless of standings. The way you hunt them is the exact same. You report them and move on, let CCP deal with it.

Where as “I” have not tried hunting bots, I still agree with Scoots. If you can hunt down bots, they will just switch to smaller ships, even more bots? I thought this was brought up before?

Usually no. Gilas are pretty much where it’s at.

They’re cheap, easily replaceable and operable with very little skills since it’s all just Drones. There’s really no point for botters to switch to anything else (though I believe some Supercarrier bots still exist(?)). The Gila’s passive makes it very difficult to kill solo, compounding the difficulty of even catching one in the first place.

Forgot to add the part where I couldn’t catch them anyway. Next question is how small a ship does it take for a bot to profit?

Limbo Rock - Chubby Checker - YouTube

I mean, you gotta realize that they basically leave the bots running for like 12-14 hours a day. Even if you kill them, they’re back at it in an hour or so (depending on when their operator is paying attention). It’s safer to assume they’re already profiting beyond the first day they operate.

It’s was more of an academic question I guess. (and I’m old and like the song) IF CCP wanted to nerf bots, how small of a ship class could sustain a bot? What threshold of numbers are sustainable? Any guess is better than mine.

Yeah, no clue which RMT seller these bots (both the ones I’ve hunted in the past and the ones still running now) are funneling their isk to, so it’d be impossible to tell. Gut reaction tells me though, that as long as there are scumbags who continue to RMT, botters will still be making a profit from it regardless.

Now I remember. It was brought up in another botting thd awhile ago. If CCP nerfs the larger ships for botting, the login numbers will only go up as more smaller bots enter them game. Something like that anyway…

:frowning: :unamused:
This is not the sort of insightful analysis I want to hear.

1 Like

So it wasnt closed down for containing a bot or telling everyone how to bot?

K

It is CCP’'s & Eve’s dirty little secret.

CCP cannot help but just lie, lie & lie about botting so when they get called out on it their go to is to delete & censor.

Note the word delete, not just lock threads but delete them.

The censors seem espicially active right now I presume because,

A) CCP is in the spotlight for a Webby award for PD, an activity that was infested with bots likely damaging real science.

B) CCP’'s attention in said award went from zero to hero overnight, possibly owing to viral promotion among eve community but I’d laugh if the award shuts 'em down for botting.

C) Rumours are that CCP wants to remove the last minor obstacle to null bots, the afk cloaker.

Anyway CCP is on Hightend damge control over their botting addiction this week.

The thread was hidden, not deleted. You can still get to it.

But the How To Bot part has been removed. Not much else apart from people who interected with the bot had their comments removed.

From maybe two.

There’s a couple that really dont like us to the point of me wondering why they volunteered in the first place.

1 Like

Or maybe CCP has a process in place to report bots and by posting about it and not reporting it then justifies locking of said thread.

And any type of this is why is just forum members spewing nonsense which has become the norm it seems. I report what I believe to be bots, and no amount of “it is a bot” from a player is going to convince me somebody is a bot. CCP detection will always be one step behind bots, that is just the nature of these kind of things. So if we report what we think is a bot, this helps CCP look at it, confirm if it is a bot and make it part of whatever they use to detect bots. Bot programs update again, we report new bots, rinse repeat. This concept is not that hard to understand, and I sometimes forget that not many people that play EVE is NOT tech savvy, so their question “but why can’t they just remove bots” is for the most part asked with complete ignorance.

At the end of the day, any detection software CCP might use will always require some human intervention to confirm and root out any false positives.

CCP doesn’t pay you for doing this job?

1 Like

Maybe CCP is broke. Lol.