Why should I renew my subscription?

lol don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against alphas in general, just the ones that keep trying to make Eve even more watered down than it currently is. Either I’ve gotten blase over the years or Eve is nowhere near as dangerous as it used to be.

Joffery getting slapped is always a good thing.

I disagree. These are exactly the same things I’ve seen repeated over and over with each new change to various playstyles. Usually as part of an “I’m leaving” post. More articulate than the usual, perhaps, but nothing new. I don’t know what you mean by saying I’m choosing not to see.

It’s not like the casualization of the game and the increase in microtransaction pushes that violate core game principles was a slow and insidious process, hidden where only the perceptive could see it. It’s been rather overt, actually. It’s CCP’s only successful product, most of the original design team is gone, the MMO markets are changing, and they were losing players steadily. Something had to change, and appealing to the playerbase that was slowly draining away from it doesn’t sound like the best strategy.

I guess I’m confused as to what y’all were expecting. Did you expect CCP to remain true to their artistic vision at the cost of their livelihood?

Unfortunately I’m too much of a bear for that, actual ship to ship PvP isn’t my forte, I’d much rather make and sell the stuff that explodes.

I might look into wormhole spelunking again though, farming the things dry while the inhabitants are asleep is always amusing.

They offered some good discounts, so for training some skills I thought $8/mo was ok, and that’s why I have 2 chars still Omega for one more year.

As above, though, if you don’t have a social reason to play EVE, there’s not much we can say…

The game’s always been dying (there’s always been something wrong within it, some imbalance or lack of attention from CCP to at least a few gameplay aspects). It seems like it’s more so now than in the past, but ultimately if the current state doesn’t fit your gameplay experiences, then cancel. Most of us have taken year+ breaks, I think.

Falcon does his job and posts what’s in the best interests of the company, including keeping a positive public image of CCP, and making sure that rumors don’t escalate out of control.

2 Likes

Great OP.

The devs/artists/programmers/community team/every workers at ccp have to realize this feeling is growing with the vets that have been here around 10 years. Even 5yrs I’m sure

Ccp i love raging and screaming about when you make dumbass decisions, yet lately I just don’t even give a ■■■■ enough to complain.

you are losing us

7 Likes

Dirty Bittervet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously, though, I feel where my favorite CODEite is coming from, but I’m going to stick around for while. But that might just mean that I’m a stubborn cuss. Heck, I still have an EQ/EQII account active, and I’m not sure who owns the game anymore…

I can say that there was a time where I couldn’t wait to log in, but now, sometimes I’ll log in and stare at the select screen, and then log out. I don’t have the RL time to devote to playing EvE the old way with alarm clocks and phone lists, but I can still play a game that has some challenge - I just have to add challenges of my own design - my own personal ‘Achievement List’. Maybe this shields me a bit from personal disappointment with major (or lack of) official changes, but I will admit to cloaking up for quite a while after SP drugs were introduced - especially after Ironbank.

Anyway, take a break if you need it, Ima, some of us will still be here when you de-cloak.

Unless EvE is sold to EA…
Then I’ll find something more meaningful than Jita to burn.

–Gadget, here for now

10 Likes

Kindly refrain from your usual worthless ranting and armchair amateur psychology. The observations Ima’s made here aren’t exclusive to the suicide gankers you hate so much. Players of all playstyles have noted this trend, hence my earlier claim that the post, aside from being well-written, adds nothing new to the discussion.

4 Likes

Says alt #239 of someone who got banned for being a helmet.

most likely not very smart.

Your extremely limited selection of insults and general lack of substance suggest that this may be projection.

This is why you are now crying on the forums about something that obviously isn’t going away.

Hypocrite, you’ve been crying on the forums for years, about something that obviously isn’t going away.

It is also the reason you probably live on these forums instead of having a real social life… Try getting a life, winner.

I think that your entire posting history (on all of the alts) is an obvious example of your limited range of insults and hypocrisy.

14 Likes

Skill injectors make the game more accessable for newer players and take away the huge advantages older players have by gained by merely dragging more skills into the skill que every few days.

If cost-free suicide ganking didn’t drive so many players away from the game, these measures to maintain a healthy population wouldn’t be necessary.

Skill injectors are a bandaid to bad game design that the OP himself has defended.

You made your bed, now lay in it.

5 Likes

This one.

The biggest underestimation made by CCP, they changed the entry model for make it available for new wave of alpha players but the content we had by this time was so unbalanced so new players were shocked with how the things works in reality. Having nice ads promo commercials on YT have nothing to do what’s going on here. One of the biggest lie they made.

SP injectors reminds me a heavy drugs which a dirty stuff dealers offers for teenagers above the school corner for very little money. It’s a cancer. IMHO.

Another big part of it is the conflict of interests nullbears (all null sec alliances) vs. those high sec casual pve that we haven’t changed for years (burner missions, incursion, exploration).

Regarding the question raised - spin that at different angle, think of it as you don’t pay to CCP but pay for the 30 days of contents you would enjoy while doing that if it drives you like that then its worth to continue.

2 Likes

Evidence required, and it must contain graphs.

Here’s a titbit for you, suicide ganking is pretty much at an all time low, and that is verifiable fact.

3 Likes

??:confounded:??

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

–Gadget doesn’t need words

7 Likes

In the past, Helmar made sure that CCP squeezed every bit of real money they could out of EVE. Numerous methods were used or attempted to maximize their profit. Yet, over the last 5+ years, CCP has had, at best, a lackluster effort on combating bots which has failed OVER YEARS to reduce the number of bots of all types. So when people tell me that bots are bad for CCP’s bottom line, I find it hard to reconcile with the past decade of “greed is good”.

Combine that with massive layoffs, a dramatic decrease in communication with the community, injectors,lack of focus on game improvements, and a general feeling of malaise/going through the motions by CCP and I feel that I could /should spend my money elsewhere. That this way of thinking about EVE is pervasive among all the player styles should be a last wakeup call for CCP.

6 Likes

Is pretty easy to debunk since they cost immense amounts of ISK new players don’t have except if the purchase PLEX with $ and sell it on the market to the older players because:

Yeah, where do the SP come from the “new players” purchase? Yes, they come from old players who have enough SP and now just let “new players” finance their hobby. So what skill injectors really did is, it cheated new players who are not familiar with EVE and felt they “need to catch-up” out of their RL $.

I really don’t know if your ignorance it more tragic or more funny at this point. You defend skill extractors but moan about the multibox gank fleets of late? Those gank fleets are not alphas, they are PLEXed Omegas which are basically free because of SP extractors. Gank alts have a fixed skill set. After two months of training they are done and you can just train some big skill and extract at the end of the month for ISK and get a new PLEX for the next month with it. I told CCP in the very first thread where they announced SP extractors that this would happen and that I oppose it. Almost everyone was fine with it, only saw their own benefits…

And now here we are, we can create free omega alts, great feature. It is absolutely ridiculous! And this comes from someone who is in an organisation which uses this to the fullest. I use it myself but I rather had it gone, for the sake of the game. Yes it would make ganking more expensive again, but there are really more important things than that

14 Likes

The reason is simple :] But I agree with OP, back when I started in 2007 Eve online was brutal and challenging and every wrong move could prove your last, but we fell in love with that idea, the idea that 1 man could make a difference where 1 with all the best skills in the world could take on the hordes and where 20 good men could fight 100’s.

But that time of eve has passed, it has become a game of hand holding the drone buff took a stab at the difficulty of the game making pvp a lot easier for newer players as the drones do all the work now a capital class drone can track a tiny ship with ease, then came rapid light’s and gone where the days where signature and good flying mattered, rapid lights dont care how good of a pilot you are, if your a 2 month old character that has trained into a caracel with rapid lights you just have to press f1 and that taranis trying to tackle you is going down with 0 piloting skill needed.

The feeling of wrong is that we are still in love with the old eve the eve that has been lost that die hard merciless world as we used to know is gone.

This says it better than I ever could:

23 Likes

This…is a very good pic.

3 Likes

How are you debunking in any way? If new players want to compete with the top dogs, now they have the possibility to so. They still have to fork over a bunch of cash to do so, and more than you would pay for the skills gained from a sub. You aren’t forced to do anything.

How do you think you are making any sense at all? You are just whining that your advantages that you gained by dragging skills into the skill que every few days are being taken away. Why are you so fearful of competition?

Did you really think you were going to get anywhere crying about such a thing? Funny that you have been playing EVE for 10 years and still don’t understand how CCP works. Just like freighter pilots to suicide gankers, you are the minority, and you don’t matter.

I love these heavy mental gymnastics, now trying to say older players are being financed and that it is new players who are being cheated with skill injectors. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::joy:

You should hear yourself. You are so dunning-kruger its comedy.:kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Not presently at an all time low, but one was certainly hit recently.

Your move…

Data pulled from CONCORD | Stats | Corporation | zKillboard

2 Likes

The simple answer is that if you enjoy playing… keep playing. If you don’t… don’t.

If you don’t need Omega status to keep enjoying what you do… don’t get it. If you do… then use isk or real money to sub.

I think worrying about the overall health of the game is probably a mistake. In the long run that really shouldn’t matter to if you pay or not. What should matter is if YOU are enjoying it. People treat too many MMO’s as an investment of some kind. Play if it’s fun. Don’t play if it’s not. Quit thinking of your time playing games as some sort of financial investment.

Now it’s a good idea to share ideas that you think will make it more fun for you to play the game. But the judgement to play shouldn’t be based on analysis of the health of EVE. It should be a simple question of “Am I enjoying this?”

8 Likes

But you can’t enjoy with unhealthy product, right?

2 Likes