Why should I renew my subscription?

You can buy only skillpoints, which don’t let you instantly become good at stuff. At some point also in the “old EvE” you would have hit the wall in having all skillpoints necessary to do what you like. What injectors did do was pushing people towards that wall much sooner than they were prepared for leaving them sans new meaningful goals. Creating frustration because of missing self-discipline. Not CCPs fault, but they are guilty in not being prepared for that balance-wise.

I’m totally with you Ima. The Alpha F2P version of this game has removed the incentive to take the “long view” approach to achieve a superior outcome. That is the issue for so many that have chosen to no longer log-in and play this game whether or not they pay with a subscription.

4 Likes

I tried to point this out back when PLEX was fragmented, Alpha was implemented, and injectors.

Players like Ima now have to decide whether to continue paying to CCP, or just run off their own self-sufficiency.

They have reached the stage that they no longer nominally have to pay CCP anything for sub time.

I said that when the SP farms mature, this would be the inevitable conclusion.
Here we now are.

Ima is just one player, but a prominent poster and player. If she feels this way, it can be deduced there are hundreds, if not thousands of other players also considering the same dillemna.

5 Likes

If you don’t, you make me happy.

Why? Are you one of those creditcard warriors who pay my subscription if I purchase PLEX from the market. If so, then thanks. If not, learn to read.

2 Likes

I think you’ve answered your own question about why you should (or should not) re-sub. I often feel the same way when it comes to subscription time. I am already letting one account lapse to alpha even though because it has become stale to me. I think that is partly due to the fact that I have been in game for 8 years without a break and also because CCP only seem interested in making new skins and little else.

There seems to be little development other than balance passes, skins and adding more citadels into the mix. There is little new gameplay accept similar churn with various events, there isn’t even any decent videos/trainers anymore. EvE has basically become mainly dull, a monotonous series of tasks to generate ISK to either sub the game through that or to pay for ships to lose in fleets. This is how I feel anyway, others will have a different story.

3 Likes

Ima, my dear old antagonist.

You know the answer to your question.

Suck the brains of your SP farm, which you have taken time, expense and effort to develop, and just run whatever Omegas doing whatever you feel you want to do in EVE on any given day.

You no longer have to pay CCP to play.
You are finally free, in every way, in this sandbox.
You made it. You won EVE.
GL and o7.

8 Likes

Yes, but that was not the point. Read part about milestones, personal goal, measurable in solid numbers etc… Players lost personal development dynamic. Let me quote one guy from other thread:

If I want to see, how do I progress in that game, what should I use? Killboards can be manipulated, total isk wealth is a pathetic metr in combat game… Skill points increase unlocked new functionality, ships, modules, ther fore game experience (frigate - cruiser - null - cloak - wormhole - capital ships - very different null, for example). That is lost.

4 Likes

Because it shows that you are unable to adapt to change. That your “HTFU” were only showing your lack of empathy and of vision of something that would eventually be brought to your face so tightly that as much as you want to close your eyes and play the big boy, you would eventually start to break and accept the failure of your gametime.
Karma is a ■■■■■, beach.

On a serious note, I totally understand you and agree with you. The game is going F2P, you can as well just stop subbing now better than in 2years.

2 Likes

You poor thing. You’re still in the “skillpoints don’t matter” phase. But of course they matter. That’s part of why the original poster is demoralized and looking for a soft place on the floor of the ring to lay down.

Their artistic vision WAS their livelihood.

Literally due to their original vision. It has become a less successful product as a result of deviation from that concept.

Your tears are getting on my shoes. Calm down.

2 Likes

You didn’t read my full post. It’s only lost by your own decision. You can limit yourself in throwing ISK at something and just wait? What I did, I injected up to 80M when the injectors came out in all those annoying support and weapon skills, you never find time to train, plus T2 industry in order to boost my ISK making capabilities. Else I train normally since then. Why should I waste ISK for things I don’t need right now, but will be fine also later? What’s suitable goal … maximum fun/h, plus making enough ISK with as less effort as possible. These are my goals.

I unsubbed 3x accounts two months back. With that money I can buy a game each month. Problem is CCP is clueless when it comes to marketing and customer relationship. The game still gives you the thrill sometimes and there is also the habbit issue for a long time player. In my opinion the price of the monthly sub is greatly overvalued.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you sp extraction is and can never be a good thing it ruins the whole advancing system to more powerful ships and skills and it devalues all the hours every old character has gone through. Now if you have the isk you can have a perfect super pilot in a day what is the fun in that? There is too much titan and super pilots because of that

1 Like

‘Their’, is not CCP you see today.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/7btsdd/are_any_of_these_people_still_with_ccp_c2000/

3 Likes

Yup, extractors/injectors, final nail in the coffin.

I think they’re looking for a gradual staff layoff and an eventual closure of the game within the next 2-3 years.

All good things come to an end.

this. It’s too slow, and after end releasing them they will start to constantly balance them which will take forever. After last year fanfest and Vegas it finally comes to me CCP is too small to produce at faster speed and apparently they hitted a wall. Citadels are not finished, all I hear is NPE improving and new SKINs. It start to look not very bright. Waiting to read winter minutes and what they will show on incoming fanfest. I might take a better look at indy game market (guys not polluted by how much money they can pull from dlc), there a very good titles I saw, would be good break from EvE.

1 Like

They need another 5 years.

1 Like

There was a time not too long ago where if this decision was made by CCP it would really bother me. But I don’t think it would anymore. It seems that I am not the only one with a general apathy around the whole game these days.

3 Likes

Its dead Jim.

Our notsoyoung hearts have simply moved on.