Why some just dont get it. The noob thread

Make it race specific. Amarr would have the preacher sounding news like Iran or something.

Caldari would be like the Emperor from SC2

Galente would he more westernized.

Minmatar could be radicalized.

I am busy enough as it is with hunting people. And while it is funny, it is virtually no different than running missions, even the income is comparable. Shooting fish in a barrel, so to speak. Not sure what you want to insinuate, but your corp, as an example, doesn’t look very active either. Nor does your alliance.

Would you be able to tell a quick story about what it’s like to hunt players, if it’s like running missions? I’m pretty new to pvp and would like to learn more about it and get better.

3 Likes

Teach it yourself. You are in TEST, they boast about having a good learning environment. Use it. :stuck_out_tongue: Just a tip out of courtesy: Drop fewer caps on people attacking your Rorqs. Maybe you learn something if you fly sub caps instead.

1 Like

That’ll be a “I made it up to sound cool” then?

2 Likes

If you’ve checked my killboards you would have seen that I don’t fly capitals. I’m surprised someone like you missed that.

It seems like you just like to talk big on the forums though, I can’t seem to find any activity from your character on zkb. Unless you’re using some alt to make up nice stories.

I’d say that some of the worst game design ideas have come from some of the best Pvp’ers.

That is one reason for the Super Caps Online game we have today, among other things.

1 Like

The moment high will be free of gankers and other pvp the game will start to heal…

1 Like

Though this would be like robbing the content that people create, such as the immersion of being a space bounty hunter.

It is up to the Hi sec community to come together in one major alliance to be able to push back, guard and fight off the high sec ganking.

IE, players can be inside a corp where friendly fire is legal and this helps with keeping a freighter aligned vs having other corp members web the ship from being bumped out of the gate and others to be on guard.
Prices can increase due to the extra cost (isk loss) due to the number of idle guards.

It is really up to the people and how and when they undock that decides the risk vs reward scenario.

We either fight or flight.

We are all still waiting.

Seriously, I really really want to see someone actually try this.

More like take to the forums and complain about how it’s unfair.

1 Like

We are all out for ourselves and that is the current level of thinking.

We should come to a conclusion that we can still playing the same game, doing the things we enjoy doing ie mining, production, trading, making isk etc.

eg; I decide when I need help with moving freight and contract red frog freight even though I know I am just palming off what I am unable to do myself like find protection in high sec at a cost that is similar to opening same contract with the above mentioned.

Maybe we need more services like that who can do what we need at a cost?

Well that’s content generation innit?

The thing is a lot of people come here claiming to express the will of the majority.

But not one has managed to create more than a token corp or alliance with a catchy name and a big dream that fizzles out at the slightest opposition.

3 Likes

true, that is why we can’t just demand for zero ganking in high sec as it would be taking away content that someone else wanted to create for themselves that day.

While I still feel the execution simply isnt good, the concept behind AG is.

But (quality of service aside) I feel the same about CODE. , Frog Freight… Huh… There used to be more. Mercs ofc.

The point being, High Sec does have cliques, but its has a hard time radicalising them.

3 Likes

If the players are supposed to be the story, then the players need tools and actual events in which they can be the story.
So far, every aspect of “impact” in the story by players has been negative. You can go be the King of Gankers, or King of Corp Theft, or King of Nullbears (for a short time before getting accused of bullying) and even the King of Reckless Almond Activation in a bonus room.
Or you can be Brisc and have people falsely accuse you and try to ruin your life.
Yes, very positive, Surely that sets a wonderful example of how to “make the news” in Eve Online.
Funny thing is, I saw a lot of players, mainly the roleplaying crowd, go through great efforts in trying to do something that might have been part of the storyline, back when chronicles were a thing, and their efforts got roundly ignored. Oh there are some Arek Jaalen things in some system somewhere.
Peachy.
But If we want to point fingers, I would say that the only people who care about this are the ones who bother to even be reading these forums.
Beyond that, everything in Eve got the soul sucked out of it by advertising to, and becoming attractive to, the kind of people who do everything with an eye on min-max and their ISK/stats, and care of absolutely nothing else to the point of becoming anything from perturbed or rabid at the mere suggestion of “immersion”. Why bother with players like that? At one point they were planning on us hanging out in bars in stations with possibly the corpses of our enemies on display in tubes. “HURF BLURF THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MUH ISK/STATS!”
Ok then. Enjoy your space ships and don’t even bother to talk to each other - then complain later when we pull local.

3 Likes

This is a primary issue with the current state of EVE. When you design your game in such a way that certain types of people/behaviours are most interested in it, don’t be surprised when, 5 or 6 years later, you have mostly only those kinds of people in it.

CCP (and some players) keep referring to EVE as a ‘sandbox’ game. Apparently by this they mean ‘light on rules, do your own thing, no matter how unpleasant that may be’. Somehow they are equating ‘sandbox game’ with ‘the lawless and wide-open west’.

My own mental image of a ‘sandbox game’ is one where the players have the resources (sand) and the tools (water, buckets, shovels, and various bits and pieces) to build whatever their skills and imagination can manage. And possibly to share that with others nearby.

EVE doesn’t need more hunters, more targets, more killing, more aggression. What EVE needs are more tools for the players to create content with.

Think of what corps could do if they could set tasks for their members, and have various sorts of rewards granted for completion? Basically, player-created missioning - except the rewards come out of the corp holdings and not created by the game.

• Kill 3 ships of Corp X
  • Sell X ore to the corp
  • Deliver N items to station Z

There are plenty of other ways to put content creation more directly into players hands than saying “We created over 5,000 mostly empty systems, buy some ships and go to it!”.

The ‘tools’ CCP has designed in the past have mostly been glaring failures (FW, Resource Wars, FOBs, mining fleets, recent events, etc.) It’s time they started working on something that players can interact with, rather than poorly designed content they either farm or ignore.

1 Like

So bounties (with their obvious faults) or merc contracts, market orders, and courier contracts?

The flaws of a bounty system become considerably less when it’s a corp offering a reward to members of their own corp for doing something.

Market/courier orders are fillable by anyone, and again do not encourage specific types of activity among your own corp members.

To the best of my knowledge, we don’t currently have merc contracts in the game.

Many assignable goals are already included, for instance, in the recent “Agency Event Task” daily counters.

The point is to put tools into the hands of players to allow players to encourage certain actions. There are plenty of people with tons of ISK, injectors, Plex, modules, ships, skins, heck, even corporate titles or medals would do. Give them tools to create their own content and rewards system - they can’t do a worse job of it than CCP has.

1 Like

There’s nothing to stop a corp from offering a reward to its own members right now. People do it all the time. I’ve been in corps and alliances with rewards for the top killing pilots, best fleet participation stats, and fractional payouts for the value for scouting “big kills”.

Market/courier orders are fillable by anyone, and again do not encourage specific types of activity among your own corp members.

This is just wrong.

Market orders in player structures can be limited by access to the market itself via ACLs. All contracts can be assigned to individuals and individual corporations. They do not have to be public.

Most corps/alliances also operate buyback programs to encourage specific activities, such as mining. These are generally fulfilled via private contract to the corp, or corp buyer.

To the best of my knowledge, we don’t currently have merc contracts in the game.

Do they really need to be codified? People already hire mercs to do merc-like things, without a system of rules around it that can be trivially abused by alts or clever play (as Eve players are wont to do).

My point is that everything you’re describing is not only doable, but are things people already do.

4 Likes