Why some just dont get it. The noob thread

Hey, I get it, there is a certain component of the forum base that basically reads a post just to see what they can disagree with in it, then disagree. For some reason, for these people, any suggestion that EVE could do something better than it does now appears to be a trigger point.

The point is not to say that “You know, if people did X and Y and Z then you could simulate and/or duplicate this process in the current game”.

Because you know what? PvP is not only doable in the current game, but people are already doing it! Therefore, nothing is wrong with PvP in EVE and nothing can or should be done to improve it, right?

I can guarantee you that if a corp has a standing policy whereby, if you email 3 killmails against Corp Z to a corporate officer, and the next time he logs in and checks his mail, that corp officer will set up a contract where you can swing by a station and pick up ‘Desirable Module X’, that it would have less active impact on corp member activities than if they log in and see:

“Corporate Task: Kill 3 ships of Corp Z to receive Module X. Deadline DDMMYY”

The basic mechanism (we will pay you to do this thing) can be enacted in the current game. The difference in delivery method would likely result in 3 times the activity - even if the activity does not succeed (3 kills not achieved).

But regardless, if you think that making tools for players to create content and goals of their own is a bad idea, that’s your opinion and that’s fine.

But Microsoft paid $2.5 billion dollars to acquire Minecraft for a reason…

1 Like

This doesn’t actually happen though. I don’t know a single corporation (that’s worth its salt in any sense of the phrase) that does something like this.

Do you have an example of a corporation that actively does this and finds success or are you just coming up with a hypothetical example?

I don’t think that would motivate anyone at all, regardless of the delivery mechanism.

I have a character in a corp that currently gives out 500 plex for the best fleet participation stats every month, and the most number of kills. Nobody has to come collect their prize. Leadership pulls the counts once a month and just contracts their prizes over.

Buyback works the same way: Contract your ore/salvage/etc. to the corp at the designated price, put your evepraisal link in the comment, get paid.

2 Likes

OP, you do know that PVP is a byproduct of PVE right! … I know you wanna sound hardcore, but this thread is just fail and you should feel bad for posting it!

1 Like

It’s been said that organizing and commanding groups of people, EVE players specifically, is like herding cats. But now throw some dogs in there, too and not all well heeled German Shepherds and Golden Retrievers. Put some feral pitbulls in there too, and let’s get some other animals in the game. Put some giraffes in the fleet, too, and some day old parakeets and little Timmy’s gerbil. (It’s not gonna survive anyway.) And why not a big [expletive deleted] tiger, even though we know he’s just there to eat the other players. He still might be worth more than that gerbil. And can goldfish even fly combat ship? WTF has he been skilling? Is that a Komodo dragon . . .

^ organizing high sec

3 Likes

The person who achieves this shall be called Noaaaaargh

4 Likes

Censured

2 Likes

I knew we had stuff in common.

You will live when The Revolution comes.

2 Likes

Censured

1 Like

I have dibs on the operation of the Guillotine, you scrubs can wait in line :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You were my first choice!

Laughs maniacally

1 Like

As an operator, or a subject of operation?

I guess it depends on how well The Revolution goes, dunnit?

1 Like

I like you, I shall kill you last.

3 Likes

AG is very good at intel gathering, which is already quite valuable.

However preventing ganks not only requires the same dedication as the gankers themselves, it also doesn’t pay off. The incentive to do so beside role play or altruistic reasons is not there.

There is a way IMO to effectively fight ganking, but this path leads also to the dark side …

1 Like

I hope you didnt think I put all the blame on the membership. Some are actually rational beings (oww) but in a capitalist prison hellscape, I wanna see the money.

Or the serum.

Serum’s good.

1 Like

hey sonny remember when I said I’ll kill you last?
that’s right! You did say youd kill me last
leans in for dramatic effect
I lied.

Censured

2 Likes

1 Like

Is this supposed to attract new players? lolololol…

Eve the so-called players are a bunch of thugs and opportunists…does nothing for the good of the new player community.

In my experience good mmos basically use npcs to start you off in the world and help you get used to the way things work…they don’t do anything for you and no i don’t agree that it’s a one direction gameplay.

1 Like