Why the Plex cost sucks

Better grind in-game currency for several hours a week to save that 15$ for a sub, than just taking an extra shift at work…

Logic.

2 Likes

Lol i feel your pain mate xD

3 Likes

And, I suggest, neither is YOUR world THE world…

You should do what my wife and I do. At the end of the month after all bills, food, savings etc are taken care of take some “mad money” each to spend on what what you like. It usually works out to a couple of hundred dollars each. We both work in the medical field so that helps I guess.

3 Likes

if you think 2 bil is much to a rorq pilot and they are getting low on plex…well lol

Great idea! We need to be better about budgeting.

If you are spending 60 hours a month to get $15 worth of game time you are doing it wrong. Literally wrong. Go find another job for 20 of those hours and then buy an entire years worth of game time and have some left over to buy some PLEX for ISK in the game. Next month, save that money for another year, or heck buy it and more PLEX for ISK. And the following month save that money…and again and again and again for 20 more months. Or quite and use those 60 hours for fun ■■■■.

Seriously think about it for a minute. Guess what this says your reservation wage is if you spend 60 hours to get $15 worth of game time…that your reservation wage is literally $4/hour. Four dollars per hour. EVE players are supposed to understand opportunity cost…please go review that concept.

6 Likes

hmm, im 36 years old, pay rent, and other “real life things” While there is the option to “play for free” i prefer to pay a measly $15 a month to get the full benefits of the game, just like I have for the last 8 years or so on and off.

So to say that every hard working individual is playing the way you think we are playing is so wrong on so many levels
I don’t want to “grind for isk” I play the game, i enjoy it, some parts I don’t, but When you have a game like this, anything can happen.

so you can take your lil comment, turn it sideways and stick it straight up… to keep from being moderated i’ll leave that to your imagination.

4 Likes

They’ll probably also try to gate their newly minted Titan out of nullsov to run level 4 missions in highsec too.

New players get lots of ideas. Doesn’t mean they’re good ones, or even possible.

Sorry I’ll see myself out now.

2 Likes

The ones that jsut started on it yes. Just check their screeching on discord and ■■■■. the old ones with stockpiles will take a while, long while, but it still keeps on climin’ slowly but surely.

PLEX cost sucks because of guys like me that tossed $60 at some skill injectors and literally :fire: the money into my skillpoint pool. No regrts

Btw - sold my PLEX last night at 4m a unit. Keep going up baby

CCP has to change the website, EVE is not free to play :smiley:

2 Likes

There is a solution, if you want to drive down the price of PLEX you need to flood the market with them, so go grab your credit card and drop $10k on PLEX and drop the price :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re looking at it from only one point of view: the other point of view is that a new player who wants to get a head start to catch up with the veterans a bit can buy plex from CCP and sell it for much more ISK these days!

Not that I’d do that, but neither would I recommend new players to try to get Omega status by grinding ISK for plex. Grinding for plex is the fastest way for new players to get burned out on the game.

New players can explore much in the game for free as Alpha pilots. The only people the plex cost sucks for are the people that want to plex their account. These aren’t necessarily new players though, on the contrary: I assume that most people who plex their account are veterans.

1 Like

Massive multibox is making isk very very cheap, the more there are the cheaper it gets and the higher plex goes. Thing is, people that dont multibox, either because they have other responsabilities or simple dont want to, cant compete with that, forcing them to alphas or quit the game.
Multibox accounts are on the rise and single accounts are bleeding out, eventually it will be impossible to enjoy the game if you dont multibox also, and the 25k players online at one time are in fact some 5k people.

It says play for free.

Free to play games are a specific model of gaming which eve is not.

actually it 14.99 + 0.56 international fees so $15.55 and X 6 accounts that’s $93.30 USD

:slight_smile: or 11.3 billion isk

Thats straight up ■■■■■■■■.

The higher the price of PLEX, the more it is worth buyingthem with cash, plus it hurts RMTers income. IMO people should be unable to PLEX their accounts until they’ve once paid for a subscription with real money.

1 Like