Will ccp accept dogecoin to pay for subscriptions?

Starcakes are the new digital eve gold not some German game token (or Disney)

Entenhausen is in the US. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not a crypto but they accept ISK for ISK though I guess.

3 Likes

It started as a meme coin, but recently it’s been promoted by elon musk and Snoop dog.
But beyond that, there are other cryptocurrencies that perform well and retain value better. I’m interested to see if they’d accept any cryptocurrency.

I mean, I invested into bitcoin when it was 7 cents each. More when it was 9 cents.
I sold it at $45,000 usd.
If you understand how cryptocurrency works, it’s a great investment.
The key is to research the company producing it, and look for some simple things. For example, do they have a cap on coins.
If yes, then you can expect, in the long term, for the value of individual coins to raise and hold somewhat steady.
If not, then the potential for growth and value retention is low.
There are other factors, of course. The main thing is to learn how and why cryptocurrency exists.

1 Like

Some money designs are really pretty … 19 of the Most Beautiful Currency Designs in the World.

:mouse:

This is about payments not “investing”

My question is about payment, my response is to people talking about investing.

This is hilarious coming from the person who posted the rant about non-crypto crashing in value so clearly we should all move to crypto - which would be investing in crypto.

Anyway, @Clary_Daemon, Zoiie posted a request for taking crypto currencies 8 months ago, and functionally nothing has changed since then. It’s still not worth CCP’s time and money to add crypto currencies as a supported payment method, any more than it would be to add any other currency, where they then have the onus of converting it to their local currency. It’s already a significant cost to accept and convert the currencies they do manage - they have to monitor exchange rates and determine when resetting subscription rates and purchasing power is appropriate, and with the volatility of exchange rates on crypto that is even more work - especially since it is currency-specific.

You’re better off finding a virtual wallet service that will issue you a single-use credit card for purchases and lets you fund said purchases via your crypto.

3 Likes

2021 is the year of payments, so yes, things have changed.

This is about choice, more choices you can then pick and choose whatever suits you, it’s not about replacing either or.

Nothing will change for you, just the rest of us get more choice options

Do as you like, that’s what it’s about

Volatility over the duration of a payment is miniscule and managed easily. We do it already. Payments last seconds to minutes, not weeks months or days. But, don’t worry, not your problem as you won’t be using it apparently. Fine, your choice is not my choice.

My apologies. I didn’t see a previous post to the same effect. I generally only go a day or two back when reading on this forum.

Nothing to appologise for, the payment market changes and is changing as we speak

We moved on from fax machines decades ago.

but yet they are still being used for various reasons today

Sure, and nothing changes for those users, they can still do so, if they wish, but the rest of us moved on.

Choice, alternatives

No need to apologize; just letting you know this has been discussed and directing you to the convo so you have the opportunity to review the prior conversation and see if there is something that wasn’t addressed.

Indeed, new things happen - like Paypal, an accepted CCP payment service, announcing they will allow use of cryptocurrencies as a funding method in 2021. But that’s not a CCP-side change, nor a change in the argument against CCP absorbing the expense of making Cryptocurrencies a valid direct to CCP payment currency.

They already pay for services from payment providers, they will manage the transaction. Many companies pay providers. End result, CCP still gets their fiat currency.

Even though it’s p2p, many companies use service companies for such things.

Again, that’s not your problem, that’s theirs. Payment providers move into this space or lose out to another competitor. Many small companies don’t want the costs of big providers either. Visa was losing them to other cheaper providers. They have no choice but to faciliate small companies and they were as they were refusing to accept Visa and MC. Others passed on the costs to the customer, openly or stealthly as they always do, fine, I pay the fee I send the payment.

Big supermarkets hide it in their prices, smaller stores add a cost onto Visa purchases or insist on a minimum spend. Others simply take cash only or local bank payment. I can accept any payment currency I wish on Paypal and ebay, even crypto, I can store or convert it at the transaction. My choice.

If somebody wants to use another currency, fine with me, I get whatever I want in the end. That or lose out on a sale, that I dont’ want.

I do deal with multiple currencies already on fiat, nothing different, same principle. Just because it has fur and ears I don’t care, same process, I get whatever currency I want to keep in the end. Exchange of value, a transaction medium, good enough with me, I set the price, you agree to transact or you do not.

Within seconds to minutes I make a sale, or I can sit there and argue about crypto all day long and not sell a damn thing.

Get out of my way so I can make purchases and sales and transact. You can harp on all day long in your own time and cost.

https://www.bitrefill.com/ Get eve game time cards on Bitrefil then we can give them the money that way too, or sit there twiddle your thumbs and I don’t buy a damn second of game time because I won’t be using a card EVER to subscribe to Eve.

None of what you said changes the basic fact that it would cost CCP money to establish an additional payment processing relationship, with very few players who have indicated an interest in this method of payment - which makes it a bad investment of CCP’s money. Especially when a payment method they already accept (Paypal) having announced the intent to allow users to pay with crypto currencies.

Why should CCP absorb this expense when Paypal is already going to do it?

Why should CCP take on any expense to save less than 1% of their playerbase the effort of swapping currencies to something CCP already accepts?

Asking a company to spend more money for the convenience of a handful of users is ridiculous. We’re not talking about an accessibility improvement or quality of life change - this is 100% ‘I don’t want to have to exchange the currency myself, CCP should do it for me at their expense’. That smacks of entitlement.

3 Likes

Oh look, someone dumb enough to think that dollars are “fiat currency” but gold magically has inherent value beyond its arbitrary selection for use as currency.

we are bailing from the fiat currencies and equities

We really aren’t. I can spend dollars to buy anything I want. I can’t spend scamcoins anywhere except gambling on scamcoins or buying illegal drugs on the internet.

This is wise advice, buying land is a great investment. Buying fakecoins whose “value” is even more arbitrary than national currencies and not defended by national economic policies is utter lunacy.

And sure, the government can confiscate your land. The government can also confiscate your fakecoins.

Besides Musk buying 1.5 BILLION worth of bitcoin

Yawn. Elon Musk gambling with 1.5 billion is like your or I putting a dollar in the slot machine in Vegas.

2 Likes

You can pay for subs with any cryptocurrency.

(You just have to convert it to actual cash first.)

1 Like

So in other words, ask permission from the card company and bank, your custodian, and hope they grant it, and yes, some companies (banks and finance companies) DO have terms and conditions where they can BLOCK you spending with certain kinds of companies THEY do not like. In other words they enforce THEIR morals and beliefs onto you.

Oh yes master, please sir, may I spend this from my account you hold in my name but decide what I do with it.

I don’t do reaccuring subscriptions with cards, it’s too much hassle to cancel sometimes and room for error by the company with repeat charging.

Get gametime codes on Bitrefill and we good, I can then buy game time codes or PLEX codes with crypto, no change to CCP’s operation. They just honour the code I bought, game cards as they used to do and apply the PLEX / game time to the account it’s used on.

Does CCP still sell GTC’s? If not, they should again, PLEX cards any agent can sell. We can even gift them.

CCP used to sell GTC’s

That would be a good solution imo. https://www.bitrefill.com/

Even Steam does it Bitrefill: Buy Gift Cards & Top Up Airtime with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Dogecoin - Bitrefill for example, could maybe buy PLEX via Steam and apply it to your account? Can we do that? That unfortunatley region limits and to Steam users only, so CCP need to get GTC’s/PLEX cards on we can use directly.

1 Like