Should CCP develop it's own Crypto Currency; Plexcoin

Just thought i’d through this out here but Crypto Currencies have been a hot topic for awhile now.
Shouldn’t CPP make it’s own Crypto Currency as something that would replace plex and be mined only through a distributed network of game clients?

1 Like

There is no point.

1 Like

Agreed.

As it is now, there’s bot-mining for ISK to turn into PLEX to turn into cash. That’s already too close to crypto currency for my liking.

3 Likes

Anyone who know anything about that virtual currency knows it is basically a legal pyramid scam.
I seen so many youth on crypto, I gurantee you it’ll be the yahoo of 2000, where stocks became emergency toilet paper overnight. When it hits a certain value all the big boy investors will pull leaving all the kids shirtless.
Stick with stocks and options on REAL stuff. It’s very well educated gambling, depending how much you want to put into it, buillion, no coins.

PS, been buying a oz gold now and agin to throw in the safety security box, solid investment. At a decent price for a 10yr look. Silver is also solid, but worth a heck of a lot less.

5 Likes

They FOMO in on every other ■■■■ as well, so I would not be surprised.

2 Likes

It’s already been foreseen by all the big names in finance.

Lol. How much you lost?

I trade in stocks and options…I’ve known this was a BS fad all along. I made $500 last week on $4000 last week on th NYSX.

If I block another bitminer hijacker I am not going to be smiling. I only gain, I don’t invest in empty promises of wealth.

2 Likes

Got me a nice pair of razer naari ultimates and some shatter. WHOOP!

1 Like

I doubt every cryptocoin is scam, but most are pyramid schemes… and by most I mean all but 3 or 4 (bitcoin, ethereum, dogecoin… anything else that is not pure scam/pyramid?)

Cryptocoins have no more intrinsic value than the notes and coins of fiat currencies …

… but there’s one big difference: USD, CNY, EUR, JPY etc are all backed by an underlying economy.

There’s nothing tangible behind cryptocurrencies. There’s room for a certain amount of value (certainly USD billions, but perhaps not trillions) for their convenience for specialized uses (mostly various kinds of “off the books” trading), but it’s hard to see them ever getting into the big league as independent currencies .

Not any more. That ended when the gold standard was eliminated. As for underlying economy, the U.S. alone has $22,000,000,000,000.00 national debt.

No, Elena, everything is based on the same thing whether crypto or traditional. The citizens must agree it’s worth something. That’s it.

1 Like

Foggy

Did you just claim in writing that the US economy is worthless?

If not, please humor me: what would it be worth (+/- a factor of 10, physicist-style, for the first cut) if there was a possible buyer?

Absolutely not. CCP does not need to throw its resources into something that would detract from developing (improving) EVE. It already has a record of failed tangents.

2 Likes

It would become another Malcanis’ law example. Older, richer players (the first ones to start ‘mining’) would unlock all the first easiest “coins” and hoard them, noobs starting 2 years later would wonder why they bother chasing after scraps.

1 Like

YES absolutely!

What a brilliant and foolproof plan! A plan more cunning than a fox who’s just been appointed professor of cunning at oxford university!
#FOMOYOLOHODL

3 Likes

But is it a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel?

4 Likes

First, it’s CCP.
Second, why?

It would be a way for them to make their own currency. Since they have the player base, it might work actually.
But the ones who control the value of said funny-money, I question their management skill. Shhhhh.

It would end in tears. Sure enough.