Will Eve ever again be like this?

Years ago CCP moved ships to your home station for ‘reasons’

Yes yes, Eve is dying…

Go play SC please…

Nope, it is alreay dead, and Hillmar is desperately trying to reanimate it.

Sure sport…whatever you say…

1 Like

The first mentions of “EVE, dying” are dated back to the caveman times. Even back in ancient Greece, people were screaming how EVE was dying. This social phenomenom has been going on throughout hundreds of years, however nobody really knew what this mysterious entity called EVE is, until couple guys in Iceland decided to figure it out.

Thus we can safely say, EVE has been dying throughout the whole human history, but is it actually dead? Newest reports say that the people in Iceland are keeping EVE alive and well.

5 Likes

Yes and you have personally witnessed that … :joy:

This goes back thousands of years…hello…“Adam and EVE”?

We lost paradise because god damn Adam went AFK while mining…dying ever since…

4 Likes

We’re still waiting for him to return to his keybord to make Eve great again.

1 Like

Yeah that is how I ended up with a couple of highsec capitals.

Funny thing was when I stopped playing the game after around 6 months all my scout and hauling characters, etc. had been moved out of wormhole space where they’d been logged off to their home stations but they left one lone character in an Archon and when I queried it they refused to move the Archon even though they’d (as in something on the CCP backend) moved the scouts I’d had logged off with it that it relied on because there was a set of probes and launcher in the hangar on the carrier :s it also couldn’t warp due to the ship changes that had happened since I stopped playing - so logging in on top of a now hostile POS was a bit LOL but fortunately the POS was “failfit”, couldn’t jump wormholes without ditching around 500 million ISK worth of capital modules and fighters due to changes, etc. (which needless to say were long gone by the time I’d got the carrier safe) so that put to bed any lingering thought I had of resubscribing LOL.

Won’t lie it was kind of amusing though - log in, hope no one was around, dscan like ****, drop mobile depot, refit for warp stabs (and neuts) and probes, scan my way out of a C5 in a carrier having to check out multiple wormholes in a ship that took like 30 seconds to align hah then jump gate to gate through low sec to the nearest station while cross jumping several hostiles who fortunately didn’t catch up with me.

EDIT: What annoyed me though was that if someone had caught me I was totally unable to put up any fight unless I could neut tackle off as my fit was completely broken from game changes.

2 Likes

That was great :laughing:

Another video of the real Eve:

2 Likes

Nope. Not everyone is swearing when thing go not how he planed.

1 Like

No, Eve will never return to the first time your ship was blown up by an enemy player. It will never return to the first time you were in a big fleet battle. It will never return to the first time you saw a titan.

Why not?

Because you saw it all already. Like any game that you’ve been playing for years, it’s hard to be exited just like the first time you experienced the game.

So no, EVE will never again be like that. Well, not for you at least. For any new player joining right now this is EVE. Just ask CCP for memory extractors.

3 Likes

That video is going to attract the people we deserve, not the ones we need.

That aside, the player population has changed a lot along the years. You can do two things, find people (either RL friends or game friends) and ask them to join and make the game more fun for you. CCP is not the playerbase.

Now we’re getting back to some real Eve vets forum warrioring! Like back in 2008 ::Slides in Eve DOB:: Right here on these colorful alternative forums! Go, Dogs, Go!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.