Winter event: Difficult comparison high sec and low sec

I have been doing high sec sites for few weeks now however the low sec and null sec event points bother me and would like to get them done. I prepared for the winter event low sec goal for few days. I understand that in low-sec there is always risk for pvp. So I was scanning like nuts and if I would have died to pvp I would not be here complaining. However the difficult between high sec and low sec are ridiculous.

1. low sec event sites have like what 4 or even 5 waves? compared to high sec 2. This is pvp space is already high high risk.
  2. high sec bs webs, scrams and neuts at 15km. Low sec bs did all this up to 22km~
  3. Low sec bs reps and dpses much more.

Seriously CCP? My character has almost all relevant skills maxed and I had to explode to one site with semi faction fit absolution? I had agreed PVP death but these BSes are sooo lame. I could not burn through the tank with t2 weapons and overheat (no booster). I know its not the best fit but this is just sooo lame.

If CCP wants to crowd low sec. Because increased risk of PVP. The NPCs should be easier. Increasing the mass to low sec. Now this is so freaking stupid. But its clear that CCP wants to endorse play style where you go to gank PVE ships with perfect counter ships. What the worst of this all in player base and all perspective is that there are dozens of people that will gloat on my post.

I love EVE but this has no sense. Your event designers are damn stupid. But how EVE is managed bugs are not dealt with and mocking is endorsed this is not a surprise.
((stupid rather unusable eve API link that is offered inside the game to the loss https://esi.evetech.net/v1/killmails/89438868/666e96860bd2f3413566640b6fd7f5840ac04f1c/?datasource=tranquility))

2 Likes

Unknown

3 Likes

Its revenge for all those Kestrels you murdered in July

1 Like

It is a bit strange that CCP put these sites in low sec and null to get people to come together and fight, but they make the npc’s in such a way that you have to make your ship super carebeary just to finish the site, instead of being able to do them in a combat ship with much less tank that has the ability to fight any player that comes inside and tries to compete with you.

2 Likes

Perhaps try the Null sites before doing the Low sites? Difficulty Progression for this event is High -> Null -> Low.

1 Like

Gloat. Come back to Highsec, at least it’s safe for easy carebear PvE.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I jump into null. I’ve meet players in fleets. They clear the site easily. We should not blame ccp all the time if we are not being good enough to do the sites or other things in eve online. if you want do the winter nexus combat sites solo do it highsec. To remind you, the filaments are originally made for fleets. You should accept the risk if you just fleet up with yourself.

Yeah, I fully agree with you.

The last time I engaged in these events was the Guristas Easter event, I did 2 High Sec sites and realized CCP has lost touch on how to properly program these event sites for High, Low, Null and W-hole space. Hell, just to complete High Sec sites players basically need to be max skilled with bling equipment fit to their ships.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.