Winter Q&A Livestream - December 16

we just put a couple oracles on em and they pop in a short while. Honestly didnt know people thought POCOs were hard. what ships are you using?

Woahh why you payin so much? they have the discounts several times a year, grab the year package and its like 105$ per omega for the year.

1 Like

new update will hopefully… HOPEFULLY … change that, turn them back into a OP support vessel not a 1 man army. time will tell?

i talk with a friend who has 7 roqualds she just refited for hauler and left one for boost he dont bother for ccp things

Under almost all of these different topics, citadels, sov, etc…

You really fail to explain what the plan is for the future of this game and more or less explain to us what citadels are while confirming to us what we already know. We already know people have raised concerns about sov gameplay and citadel features. We don’t need to hear they play a critical role, we get it, can we be told what the plan is in some capacity?

Citadels they play a critical role, we’ve heard your concerns, more to come in the future.
Rorquals etc etc etc etc more info to come in the future
Compression etc et etc etc more info to come in the future
capitals, important, fun, yes more to come in the future

I mean was anything actually explained regarding the future outlook of the game at all?

4 Likes

Hows it going CCP? Are you enjoying not getting any money from me? You guys should just have an DEV Blog titled btw we un-fcked the last year worth of scarcity related changes… you all can come back to the game now… because there is probably THOUSANDS of people STILL WAITING…

7 Likes

wait people are speending money in eve online? i did not know i thoug every one just farm plex

Q: You said “Too often there was no choice because there was only one choice”, yet what you did was the complete removal of choice from mining, by making a clear hierarchy of “use ORE miners if you can, T1 if you can’t, T2… lol no way, with how little useful ore there is waste is not an option, if we see you using it, you’re evicted”. So we’re going back to choice? Or it was just the usual CCP hot air, and we’re screwed with yet another mining turbonerf you just did? (war is peace, slavery is freedom, mining nerf is the end of scarcity, yes-yes?)

Rorquals - don’t care, couldn’t use it without super umbrella anyway.

Orca - destroyed, completely useless, just as was predicted on the last new year goals post, when CCP announced it’ll touch the Orca, they will find a way to make it completely unusable. I mean, what the actual f with 2.5 minutes core when capital NPC spawns exist? If it mined enough to be replaced every week then maybe, but since it mines nothing now, it’s just a super useless shiny ship nerfed out of existence.

Q: Can you guarantee that “A well-orchestrated ‘Dreadbomb’ should be a cost effective” statement should not be taken as “We are going to make supers so useless and so costly that any amount of unbuildable overpriced dreads can be cost-effective against them”?

Q: How do I run “capital-oriented combat sites” if there’s literally no way to build a capital?

Q: “Winter Nexus event” - what is that? There’s not a clue to any kind of event sites or anything, and there’s no explanation anywhere to what the hell is that, is it another “lowsec near goons only” type of event that seems to be the only type of event lately?

Q: “make sure these sites will be rewarding enough to be worth the risk”? Irreplaceable ship needs an irreplaceable reward to be worth it. Doubt you’re gonna give it. But then again, capitals can’t be built, so nobody but super umbrellas would bother.

Q: CCP touching citadels means the usual thing? They are already useless compared to a POS, I’d say you can’t make them any more useless, but as marauders have shown, CCP always can make ship more useless, so I’ll just have to wait (preferably not in a structure) and see how incredibly useless those will get…

Q: CCP touching ihubs means the usual thing? Take something that, good or bad, has worked, and turn it into something like new Orca - dysfunctional garbage that nobody would bother messing with, ever.

Q: “EVE ACADEMY”? What a joke. Just rename it to “WHALE ACADEMY” or “BOTTING ACADEMY” as those two types of customers are now your main preference, and I bet you wish all the vets would just disappear.

Q: How incredible dull one must be to think that “skyrocketing RMT ISK price” has anything to do with “war on botting?”. Truly, war is piece, botters are fine, it’s just the value of ISK is skyrocketing due to DBM/ESS dumb mess. Same with PLEX prices. They are skyrocketing as well, but due to ISK skyrocketing with it, and every other material being starved skyrocketing all the same, you simply failed to notice it. I pity the new players from the WHALE ACADEMY, how fast they are going to be hit with new “BOT, PLEX, OR DIE” narrative.

You know every plex is paid for by a real human being, right?

2 Likes

You know CCP manipulates the PLEX market at will, right?

2 Likes

dynamic distribution

Q:

• Does CCP have any intention to adress the issues caused by the Dynamic Bounty System?
  • Can the system be adjusted to facilitate risk encouragement?
  • Does CCP have any intention to revitalise null sec PVE and adress risk / reward?
  • Will population control remain part of CCPs policy?
  • And will this be baked into resource redistribution as well?

For battleships, the approach will be to boost the power of those ships

I give you a billion gold stars for acknowledging that battleships need some love so please please please please please don’t f this up again.

You allready buffed the power of Battleships with 15% damage buff.
You completely broke ship balance with the “surgigalc strike” resist nerfs.

If you do not restore the resistences sub cap ballance will remain broken no matter what.

Fixing this would already lift the worst pain from battleships and have noumerous other benefits across all sub cap combat.
JUST DO IT

Q:

• Will CCP revisit Surgical Strike?

more in line with the cost and complexity associated with building them.

Wrong!
We just wasted two years destroying the economy and killing off play styles because CCP over buffed Rorquals to begin with.

I don’t want over buffed battleships i want affordeable ships peroid.

A good buff for battleships as a class would be increased range on webs, points and scrams.
The ability to hold and control a grid is a logical counter balance to high speed and high damage application.
Add some smaller buffs for certain hulls and we’re good.
And the correct price would be similar to a HAC.

Q:

• How does CCP intend to justify the current battleship pricing and avoid introducing a new oppressive META to the game?
2 Likes

The link to the Twitch Channel is wrong. It should just be Twitch

i still dont like the way ccp has taken with waste, it seems so unnecessary and just there for the sake of being there. Ratting and other activities are just easier, make more money and with no waste. The production of supers and titans needs to be addressed, its 80 bil to build a super and 320 bil for a titan, that is just ridiculous considering their effectiveness hasn’t been buffed to be more in line with the nearly 4x increase in cost. i also feel as tho carriers are really bad compared to dreads. Dreads can just do everything a carrier can but better. The capital sites, solo carriers struggle. in a fight, id rather have 30 dreads then 30 carriers.

1 Like

to add to this, There has been way too many negatives then positives over this year. massive increase in industry cost for many ships that are widely used, on top of scarcity, and constant nerfs. There may be more players mining but that’s because you forced everyone to make more accounts to even think about mining being profitable. You should have also increased DENSITY of the rocks, not the amount of rocks. The problem with mining in high sec was that I had to constantly move because there’s 200 rocks with 1 cycle worth of ore in them.

2 Likes

So let me get this right - after all the hullabaloo, and the apparently successful introduction of the age of scarcity V.2 (according to CCP - never mind it basically trashed and continues to trash much of the fundamentals of the game).
We are getting a vague ‘promise’ that they will soon™ get round to looking at the already absurd material requirements of some ships. A soon™ ‘promise’ to make some of those ships worth their absurd build cost or perhaps even reduce those absurd build costs to be decided soon™ by the same people who though them up in the first place and don’t understand the game or listen to the CSM they say have been very helpful or anyone else.

What we are not getting is anything new and fun to keep players engaged. Like new ships or content rather a promise to soon™ think about reworking stuff they now think is working fine after 2 years of nerfing a core gameplay into the ground. And no I don’t and never really have flown Rorquals (I have shot at a lot of them)

I am thinking of going to fanfest (again) but to be honest am conflicted - I really enjoyed it the last few times and have missed it but am trying to hold on to even playing the game until May.

I was hoping the delay on this Blog was to get something exciting to energise the playerbase ready, not a whole lot of vague nothings. I was there when seagull announced the plan for citadel’s and it was glorious to see a multi year plan for the game I love, soundtracked by bring on the wrecking machine. This seems to be soundtracked by bring on the yawn machine with earplugs because noone at CCP is listening.

So I suppose after all that my question is are we going to get anything remotely new and fun, or even some concrete dates for any of this and any concrete long range plans for anything remotely interesting or fun gameplay.

4 Likes

It does seem as tho many of these changes are just changes for the sake of changes yes

The balance of power between faction battleship and T2 battleships right now is nice, don’t buff the faction ones so much that T2 again becomes irrelevant. But please do up the drop rate for the exploration loot needed for them, that stuff needs to come way down in price.

1 Like

You know that, if no-one was spending money on eve, it wouldn’t still be up. right?

2 Likes

Q: Is there a timeline for the full depreciation of POS with a ‘quick’ deploy replacement structure that can utilize access lists?

Q: Are there plans within a one to two year timeline to make changes to how Planetary Industry functions or how players interact with systems (e.g. QoL changes with pocos, command center launch sizes/fees, automation in space similar to Eve: Echoes, or UI/UX changes like saving and sharing templates)? Will the ‘on-planet’ aspect of the activity continue to be an omega only available endeavor.

Q: Is the reason why Edencom small weapons do not receive damage bonuses from Wolf Rayet wormhole effects due to a concern over gank camps on frigate wormholes in shattered systems?

2 Likes

Q: Are you going to fix BRM and ESS issues? because right now, the amount difference between a 70% brm system and a 150% do not facilitate the amount of risk required to take because it takes a solid amount of constant pvp in said system to reach there. If I am bastioned up in a marauder worth about 3 bil, why in the world would I EVER go to a high BRM system to make like 10 mil more per hour? it needs to scale much better.

Q: are you ever going to address the massive disparity of power with trigs and edencom?
Trig weapons alone are just nutty OP, imagine being more scared of a kikimora fleet then even a dread fleet coming after your capital. Edencom was specifically created to combat trigs, yet all we have is a dinky frigate cruiser and battleship that really don’t do anything, plus they cost a STUPID amount of isk for how terrible they are. Trigs have a fully fleshed out tree with t2 and all yet edencom was just abandoned. Trigs have their own space with all that special stuff and being positive to edencom does what? allows you to not die in a few systems in high sec?

2 Likes