Would this work to get a high SP character?

I love this spike people. They “invest” 25k into a computer game to be “competitive” and then two months later switch to a different game to do the same there.

2 Likes

You have to bait a bit in heavy mission systems. You get 20 day old Marauder pilots with purple/blue/green items and then don’t understand why they just lost to a Nergal or Iki.

Then again you get 10-15 year old pilots that it happens to as well.

2 Likes

Don’t you need to get them Omega in order to get 5.5 mil SP?

Not with the free skill point falling from the sky these days.

I knew there was a good reason why I didn’t like the free SP scheme.

You can use skill injectors as alpha. You don’t need omega to get SP beyond 5mil

Buying your way to a high SP character is possible, it’s just not a good idea.

SP gives you choice, it doesn’t make you a good player.

On that note, break out the harpoons we appear to have found a whale.

I am a whale and proud of it. Just because I am legally going to whale my way through it is still lawfully. Stop your hating. People do more horrendous things in eve than what I am doing. lol

1 Like

I have no problem with you trying to buy your way to a high SP character, I’m merely pointing out that doing so is generally not a good idea.

SP you can buy, but that isn’t the be all and end all of Eve; experience is just as, if not more, important than the SP. Without experience the SP is meaningless and you will get your arse handed to you repeatedly by other players.

TL;DR go for it, just don’t come crying on the forums when someone in a frigate utterly destroys the wtfpwnmobile that you bought your way into.

You have a brilliant and foolproof plan, a plan more cunning than a fox who has just been appointed professor of cunning at oxford university.

Don’t let the negative nancys turn you away from your good plan.

Do it.

2 Likes

Is that more or less cunning than a plan so cunning that you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel?

1 Like

If you are serious about it, you should do it (I would too these days, since I’m no longer the kid I was when I started playing, with more money and less time). However, I would recommend that you roll your own character and play normally for a few months so that you can go through those initial stages of a new player.

You don’t roll a character in a computer game. You create one.

Yeah, I’m being pedantic. But as a diehard D&D player, it’s always annoyed me to hear it.

1 Like

Sorry bro, my bad.

He has to “create” his “toon” to do some “pew pew” and have “gfs” with his “m8s”. Is that more EVE-appropriate?

Yeppers. Except toon. Don’t even get me started on that one.

It’s not just EVE though. It’s any game where character creation doesn’t involve an element of chance.

I’m just going to be “that guy” all day.

1 Like

Lol never

1 Like

Misquoting Blackadder makes me sad.

To be fair anyone rolling dice to create a character in a pen and paper RPG is doing it wrong. Point buy all the way.

Also language has euphemisms, colloquialisms, analogies, and neologisms so while you think you’re being a pedant you’re actually just being incorrect.

1 Like

Baldrick knows better

3 Likes

Do it. Just do it. Don’t let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday, you said tomorrow. So just do it. Make your dreams come true. Just do it.

2 Likes