Would you join the fight?

The truth is that after a while the smarter white knights figure out that the freighters they are failing to protect mostly belong to various nullsec entities, so they either join in on the fun, or find other better things to do with their EVE time. The generally toxic atmosphere in the anti ganking channels certainly does not help their cause.

Still, the fact that you are not whining for CCP to adjust game mechanics, but are looking at a player-based solution is a good thing. Have fun.

5 Likes

hi,

i don´t care about saving “cargo expander tanked” Freighters, i don´t care about helping greedy afk miners to survive or mission, or incursion runners who autopilot around i´m not interested in making hisec a saver place…

But i like the idea and it sounds like fun…i would join!

2 Likes

The only thing that bothers me with criminals is their ■■■■ talking in local. I shoot you cause your red not cause I’m a white knight.

3 Likes

Do you?

1 Like

zkillboard says no

2 Likes

Hey look they are doing it again.

Trash talking and chest beating is mainstream internet culture, especially in gaming. Why are words such a big deal? If you have fun shooting at criminals, then go on ahead.

2 Likes

I have two main schools of thought over that. They either do it to make themselves feel big and superior when they’re really not, I think most fall into this category. The alternative is they use it to try to put people off organising a resistance against them because who wants to put up with that sort of grief all the time, I feel this credits most criminals with far too much intelligence and commitment given they’ve chosen the most risk free and easy way to make money in eve.

I’m purely of the school of thought that you break the rules and seek to harm others you should be punished. It’s not really about white knighting. Though it always bemuses and amuses me how that’s thrown around as an insult. “Look guys, this person wants to help people! What a scum bag”

1 Like

Not liking something doesn’t mean any rules are broken by the behavior not liked.

I think you’ll find it is a criminal offence to destroy another vessel in high security space. You have broken the rules by doing so. Even in low sec this is a crime. Just because something is not against the terms of service doesn’t mean there aren’t rules against it. This is, I feel, what you are failing to grasp.

RP, eh? Ok…I’m cool with RP.

Go kill 'em all, Sancho! Dirty scumbags!

I think you’ll find it’s not, if :-

You were attacked first and are defending yourself,
You are subject to a kill-right,
You are subject to a war-dec,
You’re attacking someone with a suspect flag,
You’re attacking someone with a criminal flag,
You’re participating in a properly-structured duel.
You’re attacking an npc.
…and probably other reasons I’ve missed.

All perfectly within the rules.

1 Like

If you want to be an agent of risk and enforce consequences on the law-breakers go for it! This game is suppose to have vigilantes dishing out justice and serving out some risk on those engaging in shady behaviour. The game needs more of it, like everything, so I wish you and whatever like-minded folks you gather up well!

Personally though, I also think the game is better of if some risk finds those engaging in the laziest and most complacent play, especially those with large economic impact on our shared economy. And I think there are way more of these folks and they need a serving of risk and a taste of consequences more than the small number of fun-loving rapscallions left in highsec. That’s why philosophically I would’t choose your cause over the noble one the New Order of Highsec and others espouse, but I totally respect your choice.

o7 and good hunting!

5 Likes

Pedro has it right, yet again.

Shrug. We’re doing our part.

5 Likes

Nothing. All danger will be patched out soon. Sit tight and dust off your raid hat whilst you wait.

4 Likes

I can’t be sure that I would. Two reasons. First, while PvP is exciting, I enjoy other activities more. There’s a few reasons for that, but given that PvP isn’t my main reason for logging in, that brings me to point two. I have no desire to do an activity that I prefer less, for the sake of benefitting a bunch of bots, multi-boxers, and one man alt armies. That is not a play style that I appreciate or respect. But the game is what it is, and people will play it how they choose to.

My fellow pilots are free to fly defenceless ships, and I am free to shoot them. I don’t see the problem. If they want to fight back, they are also free to fit tank and/or guns to their ships.
As such, while I applaud your efforts and hope to meet you on the opposing side of the battlefield, I doubt anything will change since you’re not actually advocating for anything new.

2 Likes

5 days into the rebellion. What have you guys done? You can link your kills from zkillboard here.

2 Likes

No, as I am not part of them. And they don’t have to be too. It’s their choice to play the game the way they do that makes pilots to occasional victims.
If they learn from it, they can adapt and avoid being the victim in the future.

But if they join your project to fight back, I support that. To try to fight is the first step to evolve from being the victim.

Creates content, even if it’s just in the forums. So, good luck.

2 Likes

I’ve sat hours in a wormhole waiting for a war target to warp to my gate, I’ve logged off on gates for hours, I’ve used alts to bait war targets. There is more to tactics then derping 30 man fleets through the main scouted pipes and shouting in local “come fight me bro” which is the standard tactics used by 98% of Eve.

This whole “they will dock up” is just laziness of people to think up unique ways to kill people.

2 Likes