WOW! Just....WOW!

The problem is you do, you present yourself as a victim of something, you could have under control. The mail you got is pure poison (as often from so called anti-gankers), because it tells the “helpless victim” narrative.

You made a mistake, you lost an encounter because of lack of knowledge, nothing more, nothing less. If you do everything right, there would be no way you could be ganked with that setup.

2 Likes

Red Frog Freight

Trip Calculator
Queue status
Size: Medium

IE 6 High sec jumps to skip that pipe in the future would cost EST less that 20M ISk
Volume: Up to 845,000m3
Collateral: Up to 1,500,000,000 isk

https://red-frog.org

I have used that service and would tell a friend.

1 Like

I believe it is you who are now “projecting”. I have at no point said I was a victim nor presented myself in said manner.

As for tha mail, I found it interesting. Not eveyone in Eve likes to wear the black hat.

Thanks but it defeats the purpose of me wanting to do my own hauling.

1. It is a good idea use the correct tool to do the job. DST are meant to be active brick tanked (see bonuses). Yours was not tanked at all (damage control and armor rig is no tank for DST).
    [Mastodon, High sec gank explorer]

Synthetic Hull Conversion Reinforced Bulkheads
Mark I Compact Reinforced Bulkheads
Damage Control II
Mark I Compact Reinforced Bulkheads

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Dread Guristas Thermal Dissipation Field
Dread Guristas Kinetic Deflection Field
Dread Guristas Explosive Deflection Field

Improved Cloaking Device II
[Empty High slot]

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
Medium Transverse Bulkhead II
This fit has 3 times more EHP, than yours fit, if you overheat hardeners. Ship bonuses, you know…
2. MWD / cloak does work.
3. There are two ingame anti ganking chat channels, intel about chockpoints state 23/7.
4. Olettiers sometimes is safer, than uedama.

My alts usually carry 10-50 times worth their haulers EHP and was shot down only once, at the very unexpected high sec spot. Actively flying since 2013. It is doable.

1 Like

Thank you. I love it when people share their fits. Im gonna try them all.

Now I am a noob here. A week old at max. How does one individually control 7 accounts at same time in order to pull off a gank? And why are akk 7 not destroyed by concord?

Pardon me if silly questions like i said I am new.

In addition would it not take a 3rd party software to MB 7 accounts?

1 Like

Response time by Concord depends on the security level of the system you are in. With 1.0 having the fastest and 0.5 having the slowest response time. 0.5 becomes a favorite becuase you have a better chance of destroying your target before Concord destroys you. Having a buddy along side to scoop up the goods after you are gone helps with the gank.

As far as controlling multimple accounts at once. I have no idea. My question is why bother having 18 alt accounts? That is quite a bit of money for the sake of a game so I can only conclude these individuals have unlimited funds for entertainment. I have to budget my one account as is.

1 Like

IMO tank is irrelevant if you are carrying high value freight in highsec. If you get caught you are dead (the firepower in the example discussed here, would be enough to break any DST). Fit for speed.

The goal for you as a hauler is to not getting caught.

Lowsec is different.

1 Like

There is a twitch video posted earlier in this thread that shows how it was done.

They were. As mentioned above, the concord response time differences are just enough to try and destroy the target before concord arrives. That’s why it’s called “suicide ganking”.

Not silly questions at all. :slight_smile:

Not necessarily. Some people have it down. Not common but doable. In the twitch video posted earlier in this thread and against the OP as well more than 7 were used.

Some people have and are willing to spend that money on their hobby. If you compare that expense to other forms of entertainment/hobbies people readily spend money on it’s not even that much comparatively.
The computer rig needed is probably the real expense and I admit to being a little jealous there.
Also if one is ganking high-value targets (such as the Bowhead freighter being ganked in the earlier twitch video) the fat drops are probably enough to at least defray the cost of many accounts.

3 Likes

We do, his name is @Steve_Ronuken.

2 Likes

We showed you a video. Twice. Of how he does it.

To take this, and still claim “I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE SMILEY FACE SMILEY FACE WINKING FACE QUESTION MARK” is a bit disingenuous, dont you think.

2 Likes

You’re assuming I saw the video. I havent yet.

The video was posted more than a day ago in direct answer to a question you asked.

So yeah, I think EVERYONE assumed you watched it.

I’ve never doubted that it could be done. What I am questioning is how 18 separate accounts can be commanded to lock and fire simultaneously without some sort of automation involved. Dont tell me he went to each account and clicked one at a time on their respective screens because I know he didn’t. It happened all too fast. 18 simultaneous kill mail reports from concord? C’mon.

ezgif-5-45b642208993

Again, by your own screenshot, it’s apparent that they did NOT fire simultaneously. If they did, all of the bombers would have very similar damage dealt values. Given that your screenshot shows they do not, it’s very unlike that all the bombers shot simultaneously.

It’s most likely that you weren’t paying attention and by the time you did, all you remember seeing are all of the bombers red boxing you. But literally from your own screenshot, you can see that it’s not all simultaneous.

It didnt even get to the redbox stage. I was evaporated instantly which means some would never had hit me as I was already a dead target. Yet, they all got tagged by Concord. Why is that? Because they acted aggressively despite I having been destroyed already by the first volleys that got to me first. So they would not all have the same damage dealt. But they all fired.

Like I said, I wasnt AFK. I was warping to zero all the way, so I was paying attention.

It was really overkill on the player’s part, and s/he got nothing out of it but CPP’s attention as a possible bot/multiplexer.

Doesn’t matter if you are not cloaked. Your DST brick needs ages to get into warp. Plenty of time to lock and kill you. We explained to you multiple times, how and why, but you are still playing the whiny victim, and deny the fact, that you messed up, nobody else.

They were stealth bombers. Missiles take time to reach their target. If you fire a missile at a target that subsequently dies in highsec before your missiles hit, you still get CONCORDed.

No, Kusion got a 50%/50% chance at your 1.7B ISK in loot for less than 600M ISK. It was a smart play statistically which the loot fairy dice roll didn’t come up in his favour this time. Plus he got another juicy killmail for his collection, and some more notoriety from this thread. These are some of the pretty standard reasons people gank.

It’s only a 60 second clip, but ok, you are a busy man.

Here is a screenshot then:

This is near the end of him clicking through about 24 clients in about 8 seconds. You can pre-load and pre-activate everything and just then start shooting with a single action, plus use fleet warp to move them around without interacting with each client at all. So as the game is now, it is pretty easy to shoot with 3 clients per second, which given differences in range and the travel time and alpha of missiles, means you would be barraged by a pile of missiles grouped over just a few seconds. Ok, he makes it look easy, but it actually takes quite a bit of practice, and some level of talent splitting awareness.

While he does need a nice machine to do that, the accounts are paid for by the drops from the overloaded and inattentive haulers he is spear-fishing for. As you can see from his killboard, he has harvested probably almost 100B from his PvP opponents, and given a good perfect ganking alt needs less than a year of training, he can also extract and sell the trained SP from the alts to subsidize the cost of operating so many accounts, just like the industrialists and other farmers do for their operations.

This is all above board: it’s just what end-game level piracy in Eve looks like under the current rules. It’s pretty easy to outplay ambush pirates and players so reliant on multiboxing once you know the game. There is no shame in losing because you didn’t know the game or being outplayed by a better skilled, more experienced, or better equipped opponent. That’s how games work. The shame is in making the same mistake again and again, or possibly, complaining that the rules should be changed and rewritten in your favour because it was possible for you to lose, or even accusing your opponent of cheating because you lost and you can’t, or won’t try to understand why.

And that last one is a pretty scrub thing to do.

3 Likes