YC 123 New Eden Capsuleers' Writing Contest

I’ll accept the entry, thank you :slight_smile:

For others entering it will be easier for people to find future entries if one does a separate post in the Eve Fiction category of these forums, e.g. [YC 123 NEWCWC your work title here] as the title or (if posted elsewhere) provide the link.

EDIT: Mr. Barca ended up doing that too, and thank you!

2 Likes

We’ve gotten a lot of entries so far, particularly in prose and poetry.

Remember deadline for Submissions is May 15th!

We have a tentative date of Sunday, June 20th, to announce winners.

4 Likes

Remember deadline for Submissions is May 15th!

We have a paucity of entries for academic or news/gossip/opinion this year so far :frowning:

remember works published since the last contest are eligible!

((and works can be ‘submitted’ by a player ICly using anyway they choose, e.g. the writer, a reader, a fan, anonymously, etc!))

3 Likes

Well, I know one or two that could be suitable entries.

But I take from this that I can’t nominate someone else’s works. Guess I’ll have to convince someone.

Sure, if a work is eligible, i guess a third party nomination is fine (unless the author objects in which case I’d withdraw the entry).

1 Like

I nominate War Journal: Triglavian Collective by @Aria_Jenneth for category 4, if she does not object.

I did a rough word count and it should be well under 15,000 words, just over 9,000, quotes not included.

I’d also like to nominate A Diver’s Notes on the Abyss, but I think that is not possible as it is still a work in progress.

2 Likes

Thank you. Both are added to the list for category four. As for WIP, it is judged based on the condition at the deadline,

2 Likes

Updated OP to show entries for Prose category. - 9 Entries so far - and deadline is May 15th!

I will continue to update OP this week to show all entries for all categories so far.

1 Like

I’d like to humbly submit my debut piece “Every 15 minutes”, in the style of the official “Eve Chronicles”. The work is posted in the forums as requested, with an additional link to a pdf with the intended formatting.

1 Like

Updated OP to show current entries for Poetry category. - 8 Entries so far! Also updated Prose.

Deadline is May 15th!

I will continue to update OP this week to show all current entries for all categories so far.

1 Like

Updated OP to show entries for Academic/Scientific category… a bit sparse so far this year.

Given some of the work done since the last contest, feel free to nominate someone if you think their work deserves it!

Deadline remains May 15th, 20 days away!

1 Like

I would like to nominate @Sky_Seolec and their Displaced Discoveries Insorum Task Group on the work they have done on the Vitoxin-Mutaplasmid Interactions.

To push the boundary of knowledge for the betterment of all, should receive the recognition it deserves.

4 Likes

Nomination accepted!

I’ve also added News/Gossip entrants to date to the OP and updated all other categories.

The last two categories are sparse despite all the wonderful work this year so if you think someone deserves to be nominated, feel free to submit a nomination!

There’s two weeks left - Deadline is May 15th!

1 Like

I submit the following to the ‘Academic’ category The Banality of Evil

2 Likes

I present the Pochven Entry manual by myself and Commander Debes Sparre for consideration in the Academic/Scientific category.

6 Likes

All entries accepted to here.

1 Like

One week left!

if people need a brief extension due to recent… err… events…

Let me know and I’ll consider it.

1 Like

I would like to nominate these two works for the Academic section, both by Theodosius Savnar.

https://theodosiussavnar.blogspot.com/2021/04/the-book-of-records.html

1 Like

thank you. All entries now included in OP above, to date, except for an anonymous submission i need to format and post.

May 15th is deadline!

The events of this evening inspired me to write a very short verse:

1 Like