YC 123 New Eden Capsuleers' Writing Contest

Well the judges are (mostly!) done judging.

We’ll have the announcement of the winners on Sunday, June 13 YC 123 at 18:00 NEST at “The Golden Masque” in Yulai.
There will be a reception afterwards to mingle.

12 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations to all the winners and a special thank you to Directrix Daphiti and the judges.

2 Likes

Who won prizes ?

Poetry Winners!
1st Riordan Bouchate for "Homeward Bound| (( [YC 123 NECWC] Homeward Bound ))
2nd Ailo Koskinen for “The Storm” (( [YC 123 NECWC] The Storm ))
3rd (tie) Cilisa Lugara for “Untitled” (( YC 123 NEWCWC "Untitled" ))
Silas Milako for “What the Stars are Missing” (([YC123-NEWCWC] What the Stars are Missing) ))
4th: Snowflake Tem for YC 123 NEWCWC: Mei-ha meditations
Honorable Mentions: Clementine Lafleur, Dark Magni, Vehaima Zekaarin

Prose Winners:
1st Cyrus Kurtz for “Cheap Thrills” (( YC 123 NEWCWC [Cheap Thrills] ))
2nd Tanagura Amoii for “Expectations” (( [YC 123 New Eden Writing Contest] Expectations ))
3rd CloakAndDagger Insidious for "Windrunners’ (( Windrunners - Google Docs ))
4th Murray Rothbardo for “Hell” (( [YC 123 NECWC] Hell ))
Honorable Mentions: Ernak Barca, Duke Shasta, Elsebeth Rhiannon, and Jacon Gotthammer

News/Gossip Winners:
1st Aria Jenneth for War Journal: Triglavian Collective (( War Journal: Triglavian Collective ))
2nd Aria Jenneth for A Diver’s Notes on the Abyss (( A Diver's Notes on the Abyss ))
3rd Avio Yaken for Windchime Wayism Transcripts (( Windchime Wayism transcripts - Google Docs ))
4th Riordan Bouchate for I-RCN Updated Format Newsfeed (( [YC 123 NECWC] I-RCN Updated Format Newsfeed ))
Honorable Mentions: Lauralite Anne Brezia and Duke Shasta

Academic Winners:
1st Elsebeth Rhiannon and Debes Sparre for Pochven Enty Manual (( https://pochven.electusmatari.com/ ))
2nd Sky Seolec* and her team for Vitoxin-Mutaplasmid Interactions (( Vitoxin-mutaplasmid interactions - Google Slides ))
3rd Valerie Valate for The application of laser weld analysis (( The Application Of Laser Weld Defect Analysis And Other Engineering Methodologies To The Study Of Archaeological Remains In Conflicts Involving Amarr Forces ))
4th Theodosius Savnar for the Book of Records (( The Endeavors of Theodosius Savnar: The Book of Records ))
Honorable Mentions: Amicia Cora, Tanagura Amoii

In a separate post, i’ll indicate some special prizes.
The ISK for the above prizes will be awarded in about 72 hours!

17 Likes

Yaaay

We’re honored.

Thank you for the hard work to the organizer and all the judges.

4 Likes

blockquote
1st Cyrus Kurtz for “Cheap Thrills” (( YC 123 NEWCWC [Cheap Thrills] ))

Yes, thank you to the organizers and judges for their hard work, and the donors who contributed to the prizes as well. It was great to have an opportunity to participate.

I might just have to go sacrifice a polarized bomber in praise and appreciation!

Congratulations to all the winners.

3 Likes

Updated Results post, to reflect an adjustment of scores in the Poetry Category to reflect a tie for third place, and a honorable mention, Snowflake Tem, now getting 4th.

Special Prizes:
Dr. Valerie Valate’s Cheese and Archeology Prize: Tanagura Amoii for [YC123 NEWCWC Science/Archaeology/Cheese] Geology, Particle Physics, and Cheese in the Neoclassical High Ancient Precursor to Rouvenor Hegemony on Luminaire
Judge’s Prize from Loai Qerl: A month-old yak calf for Riordan Bouchate for their entry in Poetry" Homeward Bound".
Judge’s Prize from Maira Blackfire to Murray Rothbardo for “Hell” and to Trajen Syn for "Rent.
Judge’s Prize from Kalodote Lafisques to Sky Seolec for Vitoxin-Mutaplasmid Interactions.

and last, Organizer’s Prizes, consisting of a candlelit dinner with me at a venue TBD, to Avio Yaken, Clementine LaFleur, Theodosius Savnar, and Amicia Cora.

5 Likes

Congratulations to all the winners. It was an honor to read these pieces. Also, special thanks to Luna for her hard work, as always. She’s amazing and deserves a lot of accolades for keeping this contest going <3

4 Likes

Congratulations for the winners. The special prize contract has been delievered and waiting for claim.

2 Likes

With art - passion and the drama inherent.

I’m still dealing with clients in-station unfortunately.
I’ve not had a chance to review any contracts or refactor planetary operations for that matter.
Would it be too much to ask that you re-contract to @Mike_Azariah in my stead?
All involved have my sincere appreciation and gratitude.

1 Like

Doing so today!

I have nothing further to state…

Frankly, I took the work at face value. I didn’t take it upon myself as a judge to sit there and search every entry on GalNet. Yeesh.

((Also, @Dark_Magni this forum is IC and your calling out is OOC. We gave A LOT of our personal time to judge the entries and I, for one, will do the contest again as a judge and competitor.))

I guess I’ll try to make this clear, third time’s the try.

Miss Lugara forfeited her third place isk prize of 750 million and an attribution was added as to source
since it was not wholly her work. (As to how it was posted, I have had various entries get mailed to me over the years by different people and i have always posted them in such a case).
The original fourth place winner, Silas Moliko, has been moved up to third place and got that 750 million
The highest ranking Honorable Mention, Snowflake Tem, was moved up to fourth place and got that 250 million prize.
In this way no one was penalized by the entry.

As I said, People can judge if i should have been harsher or not, but under the circumstances I thought that was fair and made sure no one was penalized by the entry.

I suppose I could have asked Miss Lugara to tattoo “plagarist” on her head and run naked with ashes and sackcloth through Jita 4-4-, but this seemed to me to be fairest under the circumstances.

Given Mr. Magni’s kind offer of retrospective checking, i think it would be more useful to do so prospectively if there is a contest next year.
Would you like to volunteer to be the plagarism checker next year in such a case, Mr. Magni?
I’ll add you to the volunteer roster if so, and thank you in advance!

7 Likes

OOC Notice: posts that are OOC and discussing moderation deleted.

Stop using this thread on an IC rules forum section to make OOC posts.

Stop discussing moderation by ISD or CCP.

10 Likes

Thread closed at request of creator.

3 Likes