YC123 Liberation Day Propaganda Contest - The Results!

Wow, all of the submissions here are great, definitely excellent work.

Anyway, since I’m Minmatar I was going to enter a couple more submissions but I’m starting to feel like an underclassman now, lol. Having said that, here’s my last submission:

The Call Of Khumaak

6 Likes

I painted a portrait of Maleatu Shakor based on Shakor’s Spiral in my interpretation of a Minmatar traditional art style. I’ll outline some of the symbolism for those who are interested.

Each of the seven tribe symbols have been used in a design according to a Minmatar ship (from the outside of the spiral to the center):
Thukker - Vagabond
Brutor - Tempest hull/Vargur
Vherokior - Tornado
Sebiestor - Scythe/Scimitar
Krusual - Wolf
Nefantar - Thrasher
Starkmanir - Hurricane/Sleipnir
The placement of each of the tribe symbols correspond to their initial locations on the planet Matar.

For the tattoos, on his left forearm is a depiction of a Gjallarhorn to represent his abilities as an orator and politician. On his right arm is a depiction of the Hel shark which represents his military prowess. On his right side is a tattoo of a broken arrow, signifying his triumph even against the full strength of the Amarr Royal Guard.

The outward arrows from the spiral represent the Minmatar diaspora which will eventually be united together as the seven tribes.

9 Likes

Nothing complicated, just a hand crafted, properly aged(rusted) Minmatar “Flag” made only from the most appropriate of materials(scrap metal).

Though born a Gallente myself, I have always felt close to our Minmatar brothers and sisters and done what I could to show support for them. When I first built this, I thought to proudly display it on the front lawn, only to receive a wave of negative reactions from the HOA. I now suspect they may be Imperial sympathizers. Never before the day I had to take it down have I been more jealous of the Caldari ability to simply dispatch a hit squad for such traitors. But I suppose continuing to suffer the presence of such individuals is the price we pay for freedom, living in the more civilized half of explored space as we do.

Long live the Republic!

7 Likes

As it has been a very long time since I last used the forums, I had to embed the second image in a separate post.

6 Likes

The amazing entries just keep piling in! Love this, so Matari :fist:

2 Likes

Here is my entry, Freedom and Death to Amaar!

3 Likes

One more to join the late club like 15 minutes before the deadline but since it’s the [best empire day] propaganda contest, I crawled into my video dungeon for a day and produced this little number. Unsure how the EVE community takes non-serious :poop:posts like this but hopefully you enjoy it, at least a bit.

YT link

5 Likes

And the contest is closed! Thank you all for your submissions! We’ll now do the judging and announce the winners later today. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Haha no way. :slight_smile: But oh boy the Celestis needs some love. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yes. And the Imicus. Poor Imicus… :worried:

1 Like

Those Tempests in the ring rocks got me by suprise. Absolutly awesome work.

3 Likes

Massive congrats to the winners and honourable mentions!

Thoroughly enjoyed watching this thread for all the new, incredible pieces of art and writing! You all deserve a medal if I were calling the shots!

Until next time all!

o7

3 Likes

May i ask who won?

Hey, writing here since I am very smart and so I have no idea if messaging on the forums is possible, or if it’s maybe restricted for me due to the recency of my forum account creation.

Just watched the Liberation Games CCP stream, I am fairly shocked I got a placement - was pretty envious of your entry actually. Saw your post there in chat, about WTB the clothing - and since they’re giving out both m/f variants, mind if I contract you the fem clothes at Hek? Free of charge, of course.

Sorry for stealing this lmao, cheers

4 Likes

Op updated with the winners. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh that is really nice of you but don’t think you didn’t deserve it. Gongratulations by the way :smiley:
You have not stolen anything from anybody =^_^=

Those clothing is pretty unique and who knows if there will ever be another chance to earn it… Might be worth billions of ISK…

This is why I would actually feel better about “borrowing” it for a limited time and then giving it back to you when you change your mind or whatever … because it’s like with the tattoos… it feels better to earn them than buying them on the market :smiley: :wink:

your trust honores me, however o7

Edit: btw I have no clue how to message anybody on the forum as well… you can reach me ingame, but please think about this and don’t feel guilty or let that influence your decision. Sure I want it for cosmetic reasons, but I will survive without it as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

couldnt we get medals for everyone who participated?

2 Likes

I think they have said something like this in the stream. Maybe it only includes honorable mentions, tho… :thought_balloon:

Don’t worry about it, I have little use for it, don’t need it back - if I ever need to, can flip the other set for ISK instead. Should be now contracted in the regional hive of scum and villainy, Hek. Have fun :fedo:

2 Likes

dank helping!

1 Like