[YC124 NECWC] A Haiku collection

A collection of Haikus follows.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

雪の音の
聞こえるほどの
静寂よ

Pronunciation:

Yu Ki No Ne No
Ki Ko E Ru Ho Do No
Se I Jya Ku Yo

Translation:

So quiet i can almost hear the snow.

Meaning:

New snow falls and lands on top of the snow that has already fallen.
I admire the stillness of the place so much that I can almost hear the sound of that snow landing, feeling solemn and a little overwhelmed.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

人知れず
朽ちゆくステーション
ここに在り

Pronunciation:

Hi To Shi Re Zu
Ku Chi Yu Ku station
Ko Ko Ni A Ri

Translation:

A station that quietly decays, unknown to anyone, certainly exists here.

ゲート入り
波状の閃光
命を加速

Pronunciation:

Gate I Ri
Ha Jyo U No Se N Ko U
I No Chi Wo Ka So Ku

Translation:

Gated
Wavy flashes
Accelerate life

Meaning:

A gate is sitting quietly in space until an activation make it alight; a ship appears and accelerates away from it, leaving the gate once again quiet and otherwise alone.

粗い石
レーザー発泡
船倉へ

Pronunciation:

A Ra I I Shi
laser Ha Ppo U
Se N So U E

Translation:

Rough rocks
A laser fizzling
Go to the hold

Meaning:

Rough asteroids floats in an asteroid belt; the lasers of a mining ship carve into them and the ore goes filling the ship’s hold.

渦を巻く
波紋に入り
新世界

Pronunciation:

U Zu Wo Ma Ku
Ha Mo N Ni Ha I Ri
Shi N Se Ka I

Translation:

Entering the swirling ripples is a new world.

Meaning:

A wormhole sits in known space: it’s ripples twist the nebula behind it. Entering a wormhole leads into the unknown.

静かにね
ハッキング進行
コンテナ開く

Pronunciation:

Shi Zu Ka Ni Ne
Hacking Shi N Ko U
Container Hi Ra Ku

Translation:

Silence
hacking in progress
A container opens

Meaning:

In the silence of wormhole space, there is a ship is hacking a container. The hacking is successful and the container is opened.

OOC

This is an entry for YC124 New Eden Capsuleer’s Writing Contest, submitted in the poetry category.

Thank you Siasia for the Japanese side of this little project.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.