You can still warp, reaproach and throw bubbles while being stuck in the new animation

Hmm, I wonder if the same idiot responsible for image is the guilty party?

5 Likes

All I see here these days is people who perk themselves up each morning by shoving a stick up their ass and then playing the forum instead of the game.

1 Like

Ah, the first cheer leader - bit slow off the mark! :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

I cannot even activate it. I just jumped through some gates and did not see it. Is it only on sisi?

Btw. Sorry for being slow, FPA. :grin:

Not aiming this at you as you’re “just” the messenger. But after 17 years how does CCP still need these sort of hotfixes for things they could and should have figured out BEFORE they launched it.

It baffles the mind.

1 Like

I still dont see any reason at all for this feature.

It interupts gameplay. It might look good the first 100 times, but just add up the time lost in total after a week, a month or a year.

1 Like

I logged in once today to get my daily freebie, didn’t notice anything wrong, logged back out.

Microsoft haven’t managed to figure it out despite releasing badly implemented updates since 1993.

2 Likes

Don’t make me mention systemd

I mean, does ccp take into consideration players seeing the same thing 1840000 times while moving around New Eden? While it might be cool at first, that wow factor drops off exponentially.

Everytime the devs consider something like this, they need to sit down and play it for 4 weeks straight non-stop and see if they’re still enthusiastic about it.

Then again they are in Iceland, maybe they really do hate themselves that much.

lost me at “move around new eden”

Use filaments?

I mean true. As long as they don’t mess with my ship spinning counter.

Edit: yes. That must be the entire plan. Make the travel so annoying people will just use filaments.

wait what? how does warp/jump animation push skin sales?

when can we get tar and feathers for ships?

TQ behaves differently. Some things work fine in a test environment, get to TQ and break.
Different hardware, different network architecture, different loading on various functions.
And that’s assuming they are on the same code, not a dev build which then gets something else added afterwards that does other things to it.

If there was a native Linux client we could have tested there too

OK, am tired of the animation, plus my system does not do it well. Would just as soon have the jump animation eliminated entirely, as one might expect from a stargate jump. You are here, jump, you are there. Easy, simple, direct.

2 Likes

I agree, eliminate jumps entirely

This has nothing to do with behaviour. They know exactly how long it takes to make a jump, assuming no lag, so they know exactly how long their new animation should be. It’s a simple lack of proper planning and testing. For your last bit that doesn’t make sense either, if something is changed or added it should be tested. If they can’t make that happen it should not be deployed.

I’ve just come back to the game after not having played for 8 years and on the third day I have to learn that CCP still makes the same old mistakes. The same shoddy, preventable and careless mistakes. It’s kinda disappointing.