"You know what kind of candy bar this is?"

“The illusion is starting to crumble… All this boasting from the State of how much their mega-corporations care about its civilians is finally starting to lose its influence over people… The Guristas have done a commendable job in exposing the members of PKN, showing the State that the people running this show are just as greedy and corrupt as they condemn the Guristas for being… They’re scrambling for damage control now, clamping down on any and all distribution of this information to save face… I don’t think it will affect much. I know there’s more at play here with PKN, I just hope the Guristas can bring it all to light…”

• Suha Raibuya

“You know what kind of candy bar this is?”

April 30th YC 123

Poinen V - Moon 122 - Internal Securtiy Assembly Plant, Troop barracks.

“Are you shitting me… This Pencil-dick executive just shaved off a contract what I make in a year in a single day?”

“Yeah it gets worse when you see these bonuses… Look here Lestin.”

“… ■■■■■■■ hell! This is ■■■■■■■■!”

“Uh… Guys?”

“Telon, quiet down and let Gresh continue showing us these records.”

“S-Should we be looking at this kind stuff in the barracks? State wide this stuff is condemned as Guristas forgery.”

“Shiiiiiit…. That’s just what these people WANT us to think so we don’t ask any questions Telon… Got a bunch soft-hand, ■■■■■-made suits making millions above us, sitting in their lofty offices -”

< Lestin punching steel locker >

“- While we’re down here getting our asses shot doing grunt work for ■■■■■■■ scrap!”

“Lestin! Chill out.”

“Don’t tell me to chill out Telon!”

“Telon, Lestin! Keep it down! ■■■■… Gonna bring heat down on us being that loud about this… Bres, what do you think?”

“… I’m thinking you’re asking for heat bringing this material into the baracks…”

“No whit, but what do you make of the records here?”

“… I dunno man. Like Telon said, condemned forgery. Though if these records are legit? Then we got some serious problems… Navy Veteran society are clamoring about some misused funds from State defenses, that Jita 4-4 station is rumored to be overcharged… My brother got dragged down into Pochven by those Trig bastards… If these executives’ greed are responsible for that? I might have to rethink my career choices.”

“Yeah, I’m certainly rethinking my fuckin career choices. Why the hell am I out there booking criminals when we’re taking orders from crooked assholes like this? Why ain’t we up in their offices cuffing these pricks?”

“L-Lestin let’s not be hast-”

“Shut the ■■■■ Telon, you limp-wristed little b-”

< Barrack door sliding open >

“Oh ■■■■-”

“Howdy boys!”

“Sir!”
“Sir!”
“Sir!”
“Sir!”

“At ease…”

“… W-What can we do for you Lieutenant?”

< Lieutenant opening candy bar wrapper >

“Oh nothing really Telon my boy… Was just getting a little snack from the vending machine down the hall and couldn’t help but… Hear some commotion afoot.”

“…”
“…”
“…”
“…”

< Lieutenant taking a bite from him candy bar >

“Mmm… So what were you all talking about? Sounded heated.”

“…W-We were just discussing Spliterz, sir.”

“That right?”

“Yes sir!”
“Yes sir!”
“Yes sir!”
“Yes sir…”

“… What you got behind your back Gresh?”

“Uh… My… Datapad, sir. L-Looking over league stats.”

“Mind if I see? I’m curious how my team is performing…”

“Uhh…”

“Gresh? Something wro-”

“-Gresh was showing us the recent forged financial record the Guristas released, sir!”

“Telon! You snitching moth-”

"-QUIET!’

“…”
“…”
“…”
“…”

< Lieutenant taking another bite of his candy bar >

“… This true Gresh? Be honest with me now…”

“… Y-Yes sir.”

“… < Sigh > and I try to raise boys right… Soooo… I take it you just were showing everyone here these records son? Spreading that kind of information around the ranks? As if these records had any form of legitimacy to them?”

“…”
“…”
“…”
“…”

“You know what kind of candy bar this is?”

“…”

“Answer me.”

“… It’s a… It’s A MoonWalker, sir.”

“That’s right…”

“Mmm… There’s a million different candy bars in this cluster Gresh… Where do you even begin, right? How do you know the one you pick up is gonna worth a damn?”

“I-I don’t know sir.”

“I’ll tell you how… You see this? On the wrapper? Velso, a NOH subsidiary made this bar. See, I never had a MoonWalker my whole life. I dare say it’s pretty damn good… Might even call it a new favorite. But why’d I take that risk and try it out? Hmm? Because I know - the people behind this have a good reputation. That they’re consistent and always strive to put out a product that is quality. This is backed by a brand that I can trust in… They won’t lie to me and present a half-baked product just to cash in on me…Now if you saw a candy bar with Guristas branding over the wrapper, would you buy it? Or would you go with the MoonWalker instead?”

“MoonWalker, sir!”

“And why would you go for the MoonWalker? You even know what’s in this bar? You have just as much knowledge of what’s in this one compared to the Guristas bar. Hell, they might even look exactly the same or contain the exact same ingredients. How would you know to go with the MoonWalker? You think it’s because you know not trust anything with Guristas branding on it? You expect it not to meet the quality of the MoonWalker?”

“Well I… I already like MoonWalkers sir!”

“…”

“…”
“…”
“…”
“…”

"… Alright! Heh, got me there then Gresh. I can see why you’d like these. …. Right so - How about you tell me where you got these records from in the first place?

“Uh…”

< Lieutenant taking another bite from his candy bar >

“I’ll wait…”

“… Someone.”

“… Someone? You… Got it from someone? Is that their name or… Are you bullshiting with me?”

“No sir!”

"In that case… Anyone else here know of a “Someone” on this station? Anyone at all? No?.. Gresh? Are you hiding this ‘someone’ from me?

“I-I-I uh-”

“-Spit it out then! Where did you get these records?”

“…”

“… Alright, alright - I understand… You don’t wanna break the truth in front of the whole squad. Lot of pressure I get it… Give me the datapad.”

“Y-Yes sir…”

“Good…”

< Lieutenant taking final bite and crumbling the wrapped >

“Now, how about you and me take a walk…”

“Yes sir…”

“As for the rest of you, I hope you will continue to be vigilant for any more of this slanderous information being spread around, yes?”

“Yes sir!”
“Yes sir!”
“Yes sir!”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.