YOU NOW HAVE A BETTER BOUNTY OPTION

Meet you at the sun in Uedama? 12 noon?
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Bounty Hunters will be happy. AG or Gankers. It does’nt matter as long as the price is right. This is fun. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh please. Just pretend that AG and Gankers are not bussiness partners behind closed doors.:grin:

apart from their wrecks making a nice payout ?
My doors are always open…

The only good ganker is a biomassed ganker :wink:

2 Likes

I may take part in that hunt, btw did you see his bounty hunting permit in his bio :grin:

I like this ,my plan to sign up for a permit, pay any admin fees , go to bounty hunter store and buy Bounty Hunter uniform them off I go .

Did I miss any other would be cost in setting up .

Or is this not a scam like other permit around eve.

So plan to look for most wanted on the board, mail people who most wanted has killed and ask for a free kr , then give victim a cut of the bounty when we kill most wanted. Job done

1 Like

I have a question:

As I was reading the killright post one guy killed a karma fleet university member. As these guys allow there members to kill people in high sec in ganks can we put a bounty on the whole group

2 Likes

Now that is what I would call Karma

1 Like

so for you Aiko, you send us the 1bil plus a small administration fee of 100mil,
Then you need to contact permit licensing department to do background checks on you, i think they charge a small fee,
Once you are authorised to place bounties , for you we have a specal offer , you can place two bounties for the price of one , mainly because your special , and we can move your post to the top of the wanted board which i’m sure you understand will incur a small fee.

Please note this is only an offer to @Aiko_Danuja as she’s a Princess and an all round nice person

so to get the ball roling as they say please send me 225 mill this covers all you need to get started.

4 Likes

I waited… :sleepy:

1 Like

Did she stand you up

Not even a text, to say she’s running late…

Does anyone want the flowers and chocolates, before I drown my sorrows?

The crux of this issue is and has always been verifying and maintaining the honesty of the bounty hunters. This is simply something that needs humans paying attention and cannot be handled by software…and that is reason one why CCP is not all over it…they would have to pay a human to do it. Its an intensive task and a position with more value to your average scam artist than an honest person. An anonimity and the ability to have many aliases and disguises makes it especially hard to keep on top of.

I wish this endeavor success so long as it remains honest.

The crux to this issue is that you design it in such a way that it cannot be abused, so that you can automate it. No need for honesty.

Destiny already pointed out how this bounty system (just like most other bounty system suggestions I’ve seen) has a flaw that can be abused. Hopefully people will be honest, but this is EVE so I wouldn’t expect it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish you good luck.

The problem with Destiny’s argument is that it cites how insurance used to work. Granted I am only looking at smaller, less expensive ships, but I am finding that insurance payouts have totally failed to keep pace with inflation of ship prices. It used to be that Basic insurance would pay you about half of the hull value, but it’s now far less, at least on the ships I have checked.

Destiny’s argument is not about the specific value of the insurance payout.

It’s just that once you take all the costs and payouts for losing a ship into account, it should not be profitable to lose the ship. If it is profitable to lose the ship due to bounty payout, the system is exploitable for profit.

It seems you have NEPF mixed up with the Devs. They could design all the software they want but CCP is not likely to use it.

Besides which it seems to me that all ideas are and have been either useless or exploitable, evidenced by the fact you neither presented one that wasn’t, nor linked us to one. It also seems to me that since we don’t have anything actually worthy of the label “artificial intelligence”, human intelligence is the only way any bounty system is going to work in this game.

great to see these conversations on here after some forum time off!

kip is more of the math guy but we tried to use the value destroyed as a key factor in making this bounty process different. then we took samplings of platinum insurance payouts and tried to hone in on the sweet spot to keep the whole equation simple. we have some more work to do, so we will see what the future holds.

unfortunately the process cannot be entirely automated since we are third party and there are judgement calls to be made. we all have real lives outside of eve (shocking!) and so we must keep it as simple as we can.

I will say, the feedback here has been more constructive which is nice. reddit forcefully let us know immediately it thought we were trying to create an elaborate scam. For those of you here that feel that way I wanted to copy over this bit of feelingz:

So all this pushback from the community is not unexpected. In a New Eden where scams, theft, and destruction are standard fare, we know trust is hard-earned. We are really trying to play the good guys. I mean we are the New Eden Police Force for f***** sake. We have rules of engagement and we really try to be (at least slightly) more honorable than your average capsuleers. This is our shtick and if we violate it with this bounty system then our shtick is publicly broken, and nobody wants a broken shtick.

3 Likes

I applaud the AG work your group is doing, but this bounty system is seriously flawed.

In addition to the excessive payout that has already been mentioned, there is the problem of CONCORD whoring kills that you’re incentivising with it. I’ll illustrate this with an example.

Let’s consider a typical 1-shot Tornado ganker that now has a bounty on him. He identifies a target, opens fire, and the victim dies or not regardless of what happens to the Tornado afterwards. A “bounty hunter” that was there waiting for that to happen kills the Tornado after it has fired already and claims the bounty.

This by itself would already be a bad use of the bounty system, because such kills have no AG relevance whatsoever, but it gets even worse when you take into consideration that the “bounty hunter” in question could be an alt or a friend of the ganker himself, in which case you would be subsidising the ganker by paying a substantial percentage of the ship loss that was bound to happen regardless…

EDIT: Note that this was a problem with the in game bounty system too, but your system makes it worse because of the much higher payout.

2 Likes

Indeed your right if it was automated but we would not pay out on a Tornado whore kill, like the example you gave , only bounty hunters we approve can hunt and claim a reward , to which we approve .

So a tornado ganker with a bounty on his head like you said A hunter can find for example a killright by talking to the said gankers victims and then make his kill, that way we can see if he made an effort to do his bounty Hunting and so pay out .

Yes it will be slower with us checking stuff and people will be turned down as hunters but our list isn’t going to be that long and yes we will turn down bounties on people that we decide don’t deserve a bounty .

Next example if Aiko had a bounty , I would expect a payout on her if you pulled her out of a fleet on the way to a gank or one shot her in a large gank, the Bounty Hunter is not there to stop a gank it’s to kill one player but getting 2.5 % damage is not really doing much from a bounty hunters point of view .

Like we said it’s our sys and I’m sure things will change , it’s already making game content for us , so working so far .
I’ll post any news on the system as it stars to get used and you know me I’ll alway tell the truth failure or success. Unlike some who live by lying and never admit failure, we all know who they are.

Btw thank you for you input and I do understand your concerns. Also people who place the bounty will be informed that the person who wronged them has payed a small price .

2 Likes

Ah, so you’ll analyse kills and determine whether they’re worth paying the bounty, discarding CONCORD whoring kills?

Good to know. That’s important and wasn’t mentioned until now. It makes all the difference to whether the system will be useful or not.

3 Likes