Your Year in Eve avatar = Leo in The Great Gatsby?

There is sourness in that smile from Jita guy. I think the drink had an aftertaste of mexallon instead of isogen.

3 Likes

Shouldve used that one on the Omega Required page

Was totally my reaction

1 Like

And he whispered to her “Fly baby, fly. Get guud, or you’ll get podded”

titanic-leonardo-dicaprio_612x380_1

1 Like

In pace requiescat aeternum, spiritus Nicolai.

3 Likes

How do you think the artist who made the piece would feel?

How would you feel if it was you?

Speaking as one artist to another, dont be mean. The content of a commission isnt up to the artist, as Im sure you know.

I think artist was well aware of the imperfections and could say even more bad things about it than was here. The perfection was already shown, and its that image from movie.

But obviously the idea was imitation, not reproduction.

Would you all just go to your local argument clinic and have a good shouting match over there?

2 Likes

Well as long as you feel hypocrisy is justified then thats all that matters. :roll_eyes:

Why do you think GD exists?

Certainly very few people want to do anything here but give off constantly about the flaws they perceive in others.

Google says that’s aeternam.
Yes I googled it.

Good one nonetheless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, so that image was actually a semi-popular meme for a while. The funny thing about it though, is that it was often used ironically.

lol. It ended up being a really good choice by the art guys. Cause the stats were all ■■■■■■ up, and it’s ultimately a tribute to how much of a no lifer you are.

I mean, I was clean shaven when I started watching my year in Eve video, and had a full on neckbeard by the time it was done.

3 Likes

No wai!

U think some dev pranked us all?

Actually, one could interprett the image like that, that face, it pities you!

1 Like

2 Likes

CCP made it in the style of the characters we are able to create and editor. If our character editor offered more detailed features and the ability to manipulate limbs, and if we were offered a variety of apparel (and accessories in the case of the glass) then the idea is that we would be able to render our characters similar to the one in the graphic. Likewise, characters in SCOPE videos (such as the EDENCOM representative giving speeches) are also rendered in the style of those in the character editor. The style is quite deliberate.

I thought you quit EvE?

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m kind if shocked that people failed to mention the choice of the illustration and the story’s underlying theme.
After a year of turmoil and change, CCP is sending just another hint that fanatical drive to obtain wealth and material goods in EVE doesn’t guarantee happiness. That the stratification of EVE’s society (player styles) diminishes the whole.

…or perhaps I’m giving too much credit to the art team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.