ZKill have been kneecapping EVE for far too long (some evidence)

I disagree. Suicide ganking is smart use of existing rules and situations - not proof of risk aversity because they “win” - , and one where the isk balance is positive for the attackers.
Singling out suicide gankers as The people who use killboards to shame and spite their victims is quite the step you take there. Btw, where there’s shame, in a competitive setting, there’s usually also very poor decisions.

I’m pretty sure you are not as simple minded as you make yourself out to be on internet spaceship forums.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

elaborate

Victim names will also tell you who’s targeting noobs and awoxing.

Just a thought.

1 Like

I saw that KM on reddit. I know what you mean, and not I am not him. I never flight with more than 1 B in my cargo. If I were to move a tri-survey I would do it in a superfast travel ship and I would never flight gate to gate. I would always bounce to a celestial first. And I would check first gatecamp-check and do it very close to the shutdown. I was kind of paranoic tbh

Besides. My 1st pvp kill was doing 0.7% damage on a rapier in my kestrel… I got the final blow. Rapier was pointed and blapped at a pos tower. I died too, but his loss will forever be in my archives

What if… you just didn’t go to zkillboard? It’s a 3rd party website. No one cares about killboard stats.

Considering the panic in here whenever zkillboard goes offline, I’d say you could not be more wrong.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

First of all Eve is a game and most games keep score in some way otherwise why play. Secondly allowing people to remain anonymous raising participation is why we don’t have to use our real names when we create our characters.

1 Like

good point ,people can relate to my online persona , like it or not , but except for my IRL friends no one really knows who am i
that is a kind of anonymity
your real friends can call you a scrub , and maybe their opinion can be taken to the heart
but why would you care about internet strangers crazy talk?
i bet anxiety related to game performance is much more prevalent in kids that have a lot of friends playing the same game in school ,for example, than in adults

You massively overestimate the fecks given about z kill even if your attempt at DYI psychology was somewhat entertaining.
(although I love zkill, props to zkill).

1 Like

Ego is the only driver in this game, sadly.

1 Like

naaaa
there is id to
we love to throw ■■■■ around

Honestly, it’s a lot more realistic scenario for the OP and ‘people’ like him to grow some thicker skin than to demand CCP to change something because a THIRD PARTY WEBSITE THAT NO ONE IS FORCED TO USE OR OBLIGATED TO GO ON makes OP feel a little insecure.

6 Likes

I agree. My own terrible record doesn’t bother me, personally. I’m in a service corp that has restrictions on starting fights, and I also like to drink and pilot. I’ll be snuggly, no matter what. But for other people who care about appearances, it may make it easier to participate. But moreover, I just think that players have far too much information about eachother and their fits. It takes some mystery out of the game.

3 Likes

I don’t want to be that guy, but while Zkillboard may have an impact into ppl ego, the real value is the intel.

I mean, it only affects your EGO if you let it, and I don’t mean only the snugly. ‘Dangerous’ people that care too much are easy targets to people that understand about manipulation, that person EGO is as fragile if not more. It’s just about the right angle.

The only real value of Zkill is intel, the rest is about these sand castles people tend to care about. It’s actually very stupid of gankers to post their kill mails, in an intelligent and rational world victims would push their kill mails and gankers would try to hide it. That probably shows how fk’d EVE is. :crazy_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :expressionless: :no_mouth: :upside_down_face: :grimacing:

I can just type “lol” and I think I already pushed my luck too far.

Fly safe o7

3 Likes

Yes it’s used for Intel which is why when I have a toon I use as a hunter I will intentionally make it’s kill board look worse after a while.

Scroll the drops off the first page or two with some junk losses with a sprinkle of Spectre Fleet in there to help confuse who the toon is actually with.

If someone in my corp has a dumb loss I tell them great now you can be bait as the enemy will now think that’s normal lol.

1 Like

Repeat this 10 times and some people still won’t get it. Or perhaps some will pretend not to for the trolling LULz.

I agree with you. The psychological impact is bigger than people understand…but then ignorance of basic psychology is as rife as it is sad. I find it amazing how people don’t even understand their own motivations…which are mostly just animal/ evolutionary rubbish that often hampers than chances at the deepest enjoyment of life.

2 Likes

You must be one of those same people wanting raider.io removed from wow so people don’t notice how bad you are huh? You don’t get to hide behind anonymity.

Killboards encourage the sort of gameplay that’s bad for EVE.