12 year absence

Isn’t that the one where you play a big hairy troll with an axe, wandering through the forest?

1 Like

No offense. Maybe it didn’t suit my talents.

1 Like

Most welcome !

2 Likes

None taken.

Just that some people say this, but as a game, WoW is considerably more difficult than EVE. EVE’s difficulty comes from the pitfalls of social interaction, which some find difficult, and some thrive around.

Anyway, there are a few things you could do, and none of them involve grinding any PvE whatsoever - that’s how you’ll burn yourself out. I don’t know if it’s your preference or not, and I’m not necessarily saying “jump into PvP and do that only,” but you should seek out some kind of social experience in the game, and avoid any PvE as much as you can (if you can afford to sell PLEX, and it sounds like you can, do that instead), because it’s the most grindy it’s ever been.

1 Like

I’m sure burnout will be something I will want to avoid. Social interaction is good in a nonwork atmosphere. Will probably be lacking if I pursue site scanning. Choosing a Corp has always been a dreadful task for me. What do eve’rs use now? Ventrillo still? Teamspeak? Discord? Thanks.

1 Like

Discord is the #1 app now.

Maybe try joining a wormhole group. That will be unlike anything you remember in the game from way back.

3 Likes

Or Thera. Signal Cartel might be interesting for him.

2 Likes

At least the font is still tiny in-game. Gives me an excuse to wear my glasses.

1 Like

You can increase font size on some things via various game settings, including UI scaling and context menu font sizes. Chat channels can be adjusted on a per-channel basis.

Regarding social engagement:
How to Find the Corp that is Right for You

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks for that.

1 Like

I came back after 5 years and found the biggest changes were that POS’s aren’t really a thing anymore – you can use them I guess but not as they used to be…and wormholes changed so that (I think) any size ship can enter if the right random entrance/exit opens up. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I used to live in a class 1 wormhole but now they are too dangerous. Especially if you do not have a big corp.

Dray Cil

2 Likes

I don’t think you ever get capital-ship sized wandering holes into the 1-3 class holes, but I’m not positive.

2 Likes

I’m easy. But, I’m not cheap!

Welcome back to EVE!

I recently returned too, although my break was a lot shorter. I hope you find what you’re looking for here in New Eden.

1 Like

Welcome back OP, if anything I would suggest to find a playstyle that involves others, either for or against them and on the level and severity of interaction that suits you.

Grinding solo PVE is probably going to burn you out so I’d put in the effort to come up with more meaningful and impactful goals than “grind lvl 4” or “make a bazillion isk”.

The link someone gave you earlier can help with this, stroll through all the options and from that formulate a goal that sounds both intriguing as difficult. Gotta keep yourself busy.

3 Likes

If you were doing scanning 12 years ago, there has changed quite a lot (i remember this old scanning system, i found it awful).

I made a short listing in the other “came back” thread (the more ranting one :wink: :smile:)

But the main question should not be “what can i do in EVE”. It should be: “What do you want to do, and does EVE has it”.
There is way to many that you can do in EVE. The Big Honking Chart from Mkikaden Tiragen is showing it. And this one is a bit overfilled and outdated (it is from 2016, if i see it right) at the same time.

1 Like

Start with running the abyssals. Learn about upwell structures. Set a goal like plexing one account from profits or something.

Stay far away from these forums for good advice.

1 Like

Lawl. So I should stay.

As long as I’m happy, I guess it doesn’t matter.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.