2017/11/13 - Post Downtime Login Issues

Have you tried scrolling to the end (pretending to actually read it) ?

I know it’s a polite legal fiction, but it makes them feel better. They don’t have any idea who’s really accepting the ‘contract’…or if that person is legally capable of entering into a contract… With a legal department like this is it any wonder the software side isn’t any better ?

1 Like

Unfortunately this problem apparently made it through testing once already.

Not programmers, brogrammers…

2 Likes

The launcher is still very much broken for me at this moment.

Since the “fix” yesterday the following problems persist:
-The launcher randomly tells me something about authorization when trying to launch an account and then “forgets” the account, removing it from the list of accounts. The red message box appears so briefly I haven’t had time to read it fully, I guess I could record it but I’m so tired of fighting with the launcher I can’t be asked to go through the extra effort just for this.
-Occasionally when launching multiple accounts, the launcher “forgets” all accounts. seems to happen by the third or fourth account.
-On one occasion when launching my fourth account, the launcher simply crashed, all accounts were “forgotten” when starting the launcher again.
-The launcher seems to hate two of my accounts more than others. yes I have removed and entered all my accounts multiple times over the last 20 hours. My guess is now 7 or 8 times. Gets tiring to do them again with 2FA.
-The launcher does not follow the order I have set my accounts in when using the “multilaunch” or what ever you like to call it. EDIT: It seems the launch order is the order you add accounts to the launcher, not the order you organize them in. With the current problem of the launcher dropping accounts at will obtaining the correct launch order (which is extremely important for organization when multiboxing) is impossible to obtain unless you launch the accounts one by one. Imo you should change this in the launcher.

-Shared cache settings always tell me “some indices were not available”. The verify button for shared cache is grayed out and has been since the “fix” yesterday.

-Also, since the “new” launcher last week, dragging accounts to reorganize them is much more difficult. I find I have to hold down my mouse button for a very long time before dragging works.

At this moment I’ve yet to succesfully launch all my accounts succesfully since yesterday’s “fix”. Yes I have tried all remedies listed here.

OK, launcher has this morning forgotten ALL my accounts. AGAIN

Do we now have to add all our accounts every day?

Any chance we could receive something from CCP for beta testing their software?

Launcher again forgotten account!!! Every day now to deal with entering all accounts??? CCP I demand compensation for the inconvenience!

Hiya, When I try to log in, I now have the message “Could not copy files for Tranquillity”. Anyone got a fix for this please?

Had to do the below:

NOTE:
If you’re experiencing issues with not being able to log in specific accounts, please log all of your accounts out of the launcher and back in again. You’ll need to re-accept the EULA (which is unchanged), and this should fix the issue.

And then verify integrity of installation files, close & re-run the launcher before i could log in again!

Hope this helps people with the same problem.

Impressive how many times you have to re-add your accounts to the launcher.
every bloddy day it seems, at random times, one or more accounts are suddently gone from the launcher.

With all the resources available it boggles me just how poor of an experience the launcher generally is…

1 Like

same for me, #ERROR, CANNOT COPY FILES FROM TRANQUILITY#

Jagtor - See this, but I then had to restart my pc: https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6753010

1 Like

no luck, i can log into the test server but still getting the error for TQ

Ok, look, out of all people who are pissed I should be on the top, I had just finished adding hundreds of accounts and now I see their tokens have expired and need to re-enter them again…Twice in one week.

However, Devs are people like us and they make mistakes, besides test environment is one thing, production is another. You can never make them 100% similar.

We need to be more patient, one such mistake won’t make you stop play the game, right? If it did, you wouldn’t be posting on the forums. Let’s just wait for another official statement from @CCP_Falcon.

I believe we are all grown ups, so let’s act like one and keep it civil. You can curse as much as you want, but not officially on the forums… :smiley:

Jagtor - Did you click on ‘Fix permissions for cached folder’? & did you restart? I also clicked the ‘Download Everything’ in General Settings.

I am so tired of your ■■■■, CCP. 3th time in this month to enter account details.

3 Likes

Hmmm how do you remove the steam account from the launcher please to re-try the login?
It says it’s ready to play but won’t actually launch?
Cheers y’all

Login tears best tears

So already had the joys of re-adding several of my accounts the past day… several times. It appears the fun adventures outlined by CCP continue even after today’s downtime as yet again had to re-add several of my accounts and a few hours later had to do the same… AGAIN. Oh and it seems completely random which accounts are affected each time. Well done CCP.

You realize firing incompetent developers is a thing right?

To be fully honest after playing since nearly an entire year I completely changed my mind about the game not because of the game itself but because of the sheer amount of incompetence the devs showcase on a regular basis, since more than an entire decade, because I read articles, discussions and information in general not just about the present but the past as well and this is going on since the beginning. Nice track record CCP.

For some time I thought if I was not so casually singing in every now and then and instead would have more time to dedicate then I would surely sub, but now I’ve come to the conclusion that such constant incompetence doesn’t deserve to be encouraged by being paid. So as they say you have to vote with your wallet.

3 Likes

Still cant log in… Also getting the “could not copy files tranquility”

eula don’t ask me anymore the question…

i have accepted, and i have 2 black screen when i launch my 2 accounts!