2017/11/13 - Post Downtime Login Issues

:robot: Roger, Roger. :robot:

Honestly, I hadn’t tried that. What exactly does it do? I see it running an MS-DOS script…

annyS

3 Likes

“Permissions:
If the Shared Cache is located within the “Program Files” system folder on windows, upgrading the system from a previous version of Windows to Windows 10 may result in a lack of permissions on the folder that can prevent launcher from updating the game. The ‘Permissions’ button is a simple tool to correct that permission issue.”

https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/213281985-Shared-Cache-Options

Window placements, graphics settings, overview, chat rooms, all gone. Fifth time in three months. Very enjoyable experience.

6 Likes

Thanks for the answer!

danger

I personally think CCP/NSA is using it as a “back-door” to steal pictures of my dog!!!

2 Likes

Have you ever tried to manage your profiles? You can copy them with other names or just for creating a backup.
About Overview-Settings just use the “export to file” option and you will never loose it again.

Some things can be much easier if you take some time to organize your things.

2 Likes

ok good so im not the only one staring at the launcher wondering where my client is. the program manager says the client is running but I have nothing for it.

Not that I disagree with you at all, but the thing is that didn’t even work for me. My profile back-up’s admittedly quite old, several months old, but the launcher didn’t seem to care that I have it set to use that over the default. Not that it really matters now as I’ve already spent today trying to re-tweak my UI and settings anyways.

I know my case isn’t typical so now salt there…my backup didn’t work but it is what it is. Still, something else that could have made things much easier on a lot of folks would have been better communication. There’s a laundry list of ways CCP could have let us know this was happening in such ways as to catch far more people’s attention than a sole dev blog most of us probably would never have known about if nothing had gone wrong in the first place.

Hell, I can’t really be mad at CCP, it’s not like they did it on purpose just to mess with our setups. I just gotta wonder why CCP never seems to take advantage of the fact that we have an in game email system, notification system, even a link of the dev blog on the news section of the launcher could have went a mile for others.

3 Likes

Don’t worry though, the entire development team for their upcoming pay2win mobile game is still fully staffed.

2 Likes

got my client to finally open up but than it ate all my phone data so im out. ive spent 1g sofar downloading resources on the client

1 Like

Agree.

1 Like

Some of us have more than a single account…

2 Likes

A LOT more than a single account. I feel for that indy guy with 150+ accounts.

Waking up my PC i always need to restart the launcher. Because while looking alive it cannot start the client “the client is not ready to start”.

Previous version had no such problem

1 Like

I have a few more than that and this launcher update just made me uninstall EVE instead of putting them all in again.

1 Like

Mission accomplished

1 Like

so whats causing me not to be able to log in, ive in for the first time since the update. it dropped all resources, every system I go to has to load, stations, ships, no gate icons, no aura voice because im having to load it all over my cell phone connection since the launcher has apparently caused the game to drop all resources.

I am getting “encountering an error while refreshing token” and cant even log in anymore…

2 Likes

So I got the refreshing token error as above, so removed one account and re-added it to see if that fixes it - and now it wants me to re-accept the license, BUT I can’t get it to scroll down far enough to get an accept button!

2 Likes

Yep same issue here

2 Likes