[CONCLUDED] 2019/03/28 - Live AMA With CCP Hellmar!

Another question from me. How is the stance of you and CCP regarding making some gameplay aspects of EVE more active? Like for example mining.

Could you imagine giving mining something like a minigame which increases your yield for the next cycle for about 10%. I thought of manually positioning your laser on a weakspot on the asteroid in order to mine more for the next cycle.

Also a similar idea in order to turn botting down a bit. Whats your opinion on giving every anomaly a “warp drive calibration” - minigame where you would have to slide something into the right position in order to active your warp drive. The position should change everytime so no patterns can be detected.

Even if you don’t like my ideas, I would like to thank you for chatting with the community :slight_smile:

-Space

2 Likes

A lot more needs to be done about the tutorial and right now we are working on something which are more of a mix between “Inception” and “Brave New NPE”. There was a lot of stuff I personally loved about Inception but it was very hard to maintain and develop further so we had to take one step back before we can take two steps forwards.

3 Likes

You mean … now?

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

We are dedicating resources to tools and work environment improvements to our developers. We have also build up a data and strategic analysis team to make better informed decisions about where to focus our efforts. That team for example was key in identifying with clarity the issues around the wardeck bulling.

7 Likes

Seconded, I’m hedging my bets on Drifter ships coming into player hands as a consequence of the Triglavians working with us, as a counterpart Precursor shipline to the Trig one~ I love the idea so much I made my own ones :smile: [Ship Design] Precursor Drifter Shipline and Modules

As for Drone ships, I’d say it’s also super likely that we’d less-likely see ships, and more-likely see rogue drone fighters on Triglavian capships (at least to start)

4 Likes

Because it is my obligatory duty to never stop bothering you guys about this.

Angel capitals when?

3 Likes

Our whole approach to SKINs, their discovery, etc. needs an overhaul, especially when we are starting to “hit the spot” when it comes to players with SKINs like the caille neon.

The specific examples your bring up are actually more about not confusing ships by breaking the color palette too much. Like for instance making a Maller the same color as a Sacrilege might confuse new players.

3 Likes

What’s the current vision in development for eve as a product now that the acquisition is settling in, and as a universe?

Clarification / background: in most of the player discussions on the evolution of eve there is a relative concern on how eve’s design concepts appear (!) to move away from emergent behaviour as foundation, towards a more guided behaviour focus.

I really don´t know. It´s a very specific game design question :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recently redid the Pirate Epic Mission Arcs in null. I think that is some of the best content we have to nudge new players out of highsec, FW is a similar system. So those systems should get some love to help our new bros.

6 Likes

pipe down miner

We plan to continue to develop abyssal space. BS Abyssal sounds like a great thing for the economy :wink:

8 Likes

How difficult would it be to create a corporate stock market - where corps could sell off their stock on the open market in exchange for stockholders receiving dividends from the tax rate? Would allow more players to be involved with the actions of large corps as well as introduce a neat speculation “minigame”.

3 Likes

@CCP_Hellmar have you guys considered allowing neutral logi to be applied to someone with an LE while the logi pilot and the person he’s logi’ing are in the same corp when there is no war involved? I ask this because the logi change coming next month is going to kill huge swaths of gameplay for suspects.

If you have indeed considered it, and are not planning on implementing the change in this way, why would you not? It’s pushing pretty much everyone who’s suspect into either suicide ganking or (get this) massive war-dec blocks (ironic right?).

We over did it last year when it came to PLEX promotions. We are going to slow the ■■■■ down for now.

Thank you for your kind words.

2 Likes

We have the example from China to learn from. The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing :wink:

6 Likes

Me :grin:

3 Likes

Are there some stats to where a newbro engages in PVP fighting for the first time in his career (voluntary or not) ?

I think most of usdid the mistake and jumped a lowsec gate and got killed. So Lowsec is actually the first contact point of PVP for a lot of players. i personally think that Lowsec should be the next focus for any extended NPE. This ties in with a focus on FW beeing the next big overhaul after the 64Bit Client and the removal of POS code.

3 Likes

Hi, Hilmar!

First question; rumor has it you’ve enjoyed the Discourse! If there was any one thing you’d improve to bring its production standards closer to the Scope, what would it be?

Second question; will it ever be possible to earn positive standings with the Drifters, Triglavians, Rogue Drones, etc?

3 Likes