[CONCLUDED] 2019/03/28 - Live AMA With CCP Hellmar!

A small question here: are there any plans to improve the announcement or timing of things that CCP is planning?

For example, last year it was mentioned that navy ships were not utilized as much as CCP would have liked and that changes were coming. It’s now April and there has been (as far as I can tell) no news on changes to navy ships. It seems like this is a ‘hurry up and wait’ type thing for players.

If teams are working on things that have been announced to the community, can there be a more open way to communicate about developments or if something is abandoned?

1 Like

We have taken a look at that. Right now UE4 is not ready for EVE, our Trinity engine is a highly specialized engine for running spaceships and space scenes. We have fed back to Epic what needs to change and it´s on their roadmap but currently not with high priority. Hopefully in the future we can take a look again but in the mean time we are investing in our own engine.

3 Likes

Our CS team pushes a lot for changes to this. We meet with them regularly and this is one of the top items on their list. You feedback here I will take into those meetings and hopefully we will be able to put a higher priority on addressing this.

4 Likes

Ever since Caroline’s star blew up and the Jovian gate network went dark, we have heard nothing. Will Capsuleers ever gain access to this unused portion of the map?

6 Likes

Our agent system is a product of a decade ago or so, it limits what we can do. We have discussed putting resources in modernizing the system and that will open up a new push for giving our backstory and pve content some well deserved love. Especially as this is basically our first 30 days of EVE.

10 Likes

I would love to see an continued story arc to the Jovians and connected corporations. etc.

3 Likes

Any chance of having Corp/Alliance logo’s on skins ?

the ability create a risk free income stream once you have secured a particular territory under the SOV system needs to be aligned to risk reward dynamics in EVE as we would like to see them.

7 Likes

Thank you Hellmar, PVE content and backstory I would think is another great way to get people to stay in EvE once they start playing.

6 Likes

Any plans to introduce Drifter and rogue drone ship lines? always wanted to fly these drone cruisers or the drifter BS

3 Likes

will the shift to 64 bit mean that some of the draconian limits of things like watchlists, bookmarks, saved fittings, channel MOTD character limits, corp/alliance standings limits all get lifted into something resembling modern system limits?

1 Like

We have discussed experimenting with having DT every other day this year as an experiment to see what holes we need to plug and systems to update. @CCP_Explorer is super passionate about this and I share his passion.

2 Likes

It´s such a nice use case that we have many things to do before we do something like that.

1 Like

@Atij_Remmacs the chronicle “Inheritance” goes into super deep detail on all the goings-on of Jove space leading up to and in the aftermath of Caroline’s Star - it’s a great read :slightly_smiling_face:

http://community.eveonline.com/backstory/chronicles/inheritance/

5 Likes

Another question from me. How is the stance of you and CCP regarding making some gameplay aspects of EVE more active? Like for example mining.

Could you imagine giving mining something like a minigame which increases your yield for the next cycle for about 10%. I thought of manually positioning your laser on a weakspot on the asteroid in order to mine more for the next cycle.

Also a similar idea in order to turn botting down a bit. Whats your opinion on giving every anomaly a “warp drive calibration” - minigame where you would have to slide something into the right position in order to active your warp drive. The position should change everytime so no patterns can be detected.

Even if you don’t like my ideas, I would like to thank you for chatting with the community :slight_smile:

-Space

2 Likes

A lot more needs to be done about the tutorial and right now we are working on something which are more of a mix between “Inception” and “Brave New NPE”. There was a lot of stuff I personally loved about Inception but it was very hard to maintain and develop further so we had to take one step back before we can take two steps forwards.

3 Likes

You mean … now?

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

We are dedicating resources to tools and work environment improvements to our developers. We have also build up a data and strategic analysis team to make better informed decisions about where to focus our efforts. That team for example was key in identifying with clarity the issues around the wardeck bulling.

7 Likes

Seconded, I’m hedging my bets on Drifter ships coming into player hands as a consequence of the Triglavians working with us, as a counterpart Precursor shipline to the Trig one~ I love the idea so much I made my own ones :smile: [Ship Design] Precursor Drifter Shipline and Modules

As for Drone ships, I’d say it’s also super likely that we’d less-likely see ships, and more-likely see rogue drone fighters on Triglavian capships (at least to start)

4 Likes