[CONCLUDED] 2019/03/28 - Live AMA With CCP Hellmar!

With all this alleged hype about new tech on the current development path to improve performance, will this have any impact on the daily downtime in the future?
If so, for example, less frequent than a day or maybe a complete removal or atleast something to prevent the 100% security of assets in space upon cluster shutdown?

Capitals are T1.

1 Like

Will the Eve client ever have the multi-boxing perks of core assignment and the small windows that select character screen like the third party apps like ISBoxer?

I think the situation with the ISK economy is out of control. There are too many ways to create risk free ISK income streams. See reply above as well.

6 Likes

spacepilot asks a very good question, i would also like to know what you think are the biggest balance issues currently facing eve

1 Like

What are your thoughts on the current iteration of the game’s tutorial, and how much has it helped new players in comparison to the tutorials in the past?

Do you feel as though more could be done to flesh out the tutorial to cover areas that it and agents do not, or do you feel as though that kind of information is better left for the player to discover/learn from other players?

1 Like

Nudge-nudge wink-wink, thank you for the reply Hellmar. May the seed grow in to a beautiful ecosystem that provides options for the player base.

1 Like

Do you think anything could be done to improve delivery of major system overhauls management-wise? Or do you think the code base is just way too spaghetti to realistically have a chance for faster system iterations?

I mean, the wardec system has been a problem for many many years now. Only now have we finally come to a point where changes are actually being implemented.

So when you talk about FW changes/lowsec improvements, is that another way of saying that maybe something will happen in like 8-10 years time?

1 Like

Some of this is answered above.

EVE´s problem is actually not attracting new players. We get over 10.000 new players trying to play every week. 30 days later not very remain. We have also experimented in getting more players to go into our funnel and we can do that with relative ease.

The issues is onboarding and we will be doing a lot on that front this year.

you idea about mission escalations is an interesting one.

5 Likes

Hello Hellmar!
I’m curious what plans you guys have with “basic skins”, ones that involve basic colour pallettes that already exist eg. Khanid, EOM. Why do you guys not release them all in the new eden store? And why do they exist on only certain ships eg Khanid only exists on certain amarr hulls.

For example EOM skins exist on the navy apoc but not the apoc. Khanid skins exist on the apoc but not the purifier. It would be nice to be able to complete the set and fly the same theme on all my amarr ships, especially considering they already exist on npcs, so I get a bit jelly of them :stuck_out_tongue: Would happily pay big plex for them.

1 Like

Any plans to midgitate the costs of excavator drones?

The idea with the Abyssal tech is to create an experimental kitchen of sorts to try things which are hard to do in the main game. Then once we have stabilized and fully understood the dynamics, to bring them into the main game. So what you are asking about is an example of that general strategy.

6 Likes

Ho Hellmar,

What is your opinion of the often overlooked parts of the game , e.g wormhole space and FW ?

1 Like

Do you guys plan to make more complex abyssal sites? If so how?

Do you guys plan to release battleship sized abyssal deadspace pockets?

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for taking the time to interact directly with the community this way.

You will appreciate that a lot of people have been holding off on purchasing PLEX (for currency) of late, presumeably becuase through the last couple of years, CCP had set a trend for PLEX or Subscription sales at regular intervals.

Players inevitably see the long delay between the major sales and think “there must be one coming right on the horizon if I wait just a little bit longer”, etc.

Ultimately your decisions to have those sales will be dictated by the corporate fiscal position and it may well be the case that CCP is in a healthier cash flow position currently, and perhaps want to move away from the subsidised subscription model.

Do you think there would be merit in setting out specifically if there were no sales planned for long periods of time? In the one sense, it would get people to stop waiting for a sale and just buy some PLEX when they need some ISK (and likewise just sub their accounts rather than wait for the sale to sub for a year at a time, etc).

Alternatively, a brief message towards the end of a sale period indicating there may not be another one for 3-6 months may help motivate sales too?

Thanks for your work on the game, especially since the start of this year a lot of us have been seeing a lot more optimism in the smaller communities we are part of, and it’s good to see EVE moving in a positive direction.

3 Likes

Your EVE-fu is beyond me. The dev team (the professionals) is taking a look at Rorqual changes. We are making once balance pass, if more is needed in the future, we will do more.

3 Likes

How are you going to keep EVE Alive when one group over runs the server like the PBIC did the China server?

1 Like

Who do we need to lobby to add Faction Warfare on the Roadmap?

1 Like

We are always looking for ways to help new players onboard into the amazing world we have created together. If you have some specific ideas, I would love to hear about them.

1 Like

The data mining improvement introduced in Into the Abyss has been highly touted as offering a better glimpse into what is working correctly/as designed in EVE. Please give 2 examples were the new analysis caught CCP by surprise in what the data showed.