2020/01/27 & 28 - TQ under DDoS

Still no problems here. I think free market ideals and theory escapes you. There was no wrong in anything the OP had to say.

Demanding a refund is what is wrong hereā€¦

And ddos attacks are bot attacksā€¦you just click a button to start it and click another button to end itā€¦no ā€œreal personā€ involved that could get ā€œtiredā€ :slight_smile:

Okay, where is the demand for a thing? I think the OP stated that they felt that CCP is not up to snuff. Venting. Where is any demand? I think I read that the OP would not subscribe if CCP could not come up with a way to prevent this. Now it might not be possible, however this poster has not ask for anything. I think the OP pointed out that there was no way to submit a ticket for it. He threw salt. I would imagine more than a few are throwing salt. Anyway why take CCPā€™s word on anything? Maybe something is broken.

You think they will come out and say it? Doubt it. I myself am worried about my info. Credit card and the like.

I have no idea if they will. Its not really their fault. Its the fault of the jerks pulling the stunt. I do wonder as to the why though.

Is it something like the whole Black Out thingy that prompted it? Are the jerks hoping to make people leave game? You never know. Perhaps its all cover for something more sinister. I think I will cancel my credit card on record for now, just go and get a new one. I donā€™t trust it one bit. Never can be to careful now days.

Class act.

I wonder what CCPā€™s attitude to attempting to play when the servers are like this?

Like. Do they think the servers are open for business so for those that play are all fine unless they write a support ticket for losing a ship because they got disconnected or lagged out - and those people get their ships replaced and except the extra workload for the GMs.
Or perhaps they are likeā€¦ I wish people would just give up trying to play this beloved game we manage when the servers or internet is being a bit of a bastard, dont they know how much we have to do? im just going to bin the requests for idiots who actually tryed to play in these conditions despite the fact they give us money every month to play it.

/me shruggs

1 Like

God, I cannot even log in to cancel my accounts before the next billing cycle. I cannot fun an alpha account even. I have multiple paid accounts and cannot even log into account management to put a stop to it. The pits.

Its Eve, kinda hard to expect much better from allot of people. I usually consider it either a troll, or someone who clearly does not connect.

Do you think that God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he has created?

You ok there buddy?

1 Like

Nah, its kinda trashy down here. Why would you bother to slum it like that? I think perhaps a deep sense of disappointment would be more like it.

as someone who recently got a associateā€™s degree in network security/digital forensics, I donā€™t envy you guys right now. Any denial of service attack is difficult to counter.
The distributed denial of service attack is vastly more difficult, since it is using other peopleā€™s computers who more likely than not donā€™t know THEY are part of the attack.
So, people. PLEASE realize the computers used in the attack are most likely used by the people who are NOW complaining about the inconvenience of the attackā€¦ without them knowing it.

1 Like

thatā€™s the problem right there. Amazon is a jungle. You get lost in there. Now MS is the cloud. ;o)

this is something the hackers do for cash/feels.
They usually require a ransom if theyā€™re going for the money.
Anyway, this kind of thing makes the hacker feel ā€œever so goodā€ when bunches of people are inconvenienced and start complaining.
CCP is more likely working above and beyond all expectations to stop the attacks.
It is very likely the attackers arenā€™t even players, but just hackers who found a weakness in the legacy software (a favorite mode of attack preparation)

1 Like

Why isnā€™t CCP addressing this anymore? Itā€™s clearly still a huge issue.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand pop goes the weasel

1 Like

oooops there it goes again! lost connection in the UK

404 - the game you are looking for cannot be found on the interwebs

no log in southern europe, whackers at it again

Indonesia is also not connecting