2023/05/11 - Ongoing - Intermittent chat issues

“mostly unfunctional” Chat was disrupted…thats a mostly functional game

If you hold that it is self evident that you are owed something…

Then why are you making such a song and dance about getting something?

I think acting like a spoiled child is infinately (“1000%” sic) more cringey than being able to work around a problem and come out on top through my own work.

Edit: also, Im not the one worried about CCPs health so how is what I posted sycophantic compared to yours exactly?

Do you need to talk to someone?

Cant. chats busted.

2 Likes

So, just because the EULA says we get the product as is, with all faults, we should not complain when the developers screw up?
I don’t expect compensation for their stupidity either, and I do not care because I already got my compensation by farming amusement out of this whole charade. :joy: CCP never stops giving great entertainment value when it comes to that.

1 Like

@Ramona_McCandless I REALLY want to know, who is your pusher

You think developers should be faultless somehow? Do you think the bile some people have thrown in here makes them want to care more or care less about getting it done?

You dont even know what happened, but even though you say you dont expect compensation, you think its a grown-up attitude for people to have to cry and stamp their feet?

Even when YOU KNOW that its easy to get around?

That makes literally no sense in this context.

@Ramona_McCandless
It makes sense…because it’s the only explanation I can give to your answers.
Let’s go back to the example of the car… You buy a car, but this “occasionally” has the problem that the display with the indicators disappears. Then it reappears, and disappears again.
How do you know if you are in reserve? What if you stay on foot? What if there is a failure?
What if you go over the speed limit and get a ticket? Who do you blame?
You still have to pay the fine, right?
Ok, it could be an instrumentation defect, and it could also only affect your car.
But you have been damaged. What are you doing? Would you shut your head down, or would you pick up the phone and call the dealership?
I don’t care whose fault it is, why, how, or when. I paid for the car, and if there’s any problem not caused by me, I’m compensated.

The same thing goes for a game that we pay for. There was a glitch. I don’t care whose problem it is, etc… It caused damage, so we need to be compensated.

CCP may make all the excuses in the world, but the fact is obvious, and it is clear to everyone. They respond defensively, instead of weighing each case. Just look at how they responded to tickets. A unique answer to all players.
That says it all about seriousness…

2 Likes

Your example compared to mine are whats called “moving the goalposts”

What do you feel is fair compensation then? What did you lose (in compensatable assets such as time, money etc)?

They havent, the thought that they have is entirely in your head as you try to justify your attitude.

No one expects CCP developers to be faultless. You’d be a fool if you did. What I expect is that they learn from past mistakes and at the very least don’t repeat the same mistakes again and again. Not thoroughly testing something before pushing it to the live service has backfired for CCP numerous times, but they keep doing it anyway.
However, time and again this expectation that they learn is betrayed and CCP proves time and again that they have a goldfish memory when it comes to repeating the same mistakes again and again and again and again.

The vile expressed here and in other places is just the result of decades of CCP screwing up, not improving, even wrecking something again that they had fixed already a while ago, like the chat. Not staying rational in light of so much failure is justified. You make it sound like it’s our fault that something broke down, and that we should feel sympathy for whoever works on fixing the mistakes they themselves created somehow. With that kind of attitude, it’s no wonder that CCP will never stop repeating the same mistakes again and again.

3 Likes

*bile

If you think that way, why bother staying if you hate them so much?

How on earth do you figure that? Please stop fantasising.

If you were a human being you might feel sympathy for someone else, but sure why expect the impossible from basically a robot that just demands?

And once more, if these problems are so great they stop you playing, then you know where the door is. The rest of us were playing just fine without the need for (lets make something up/exaggerate because thats what you seem to enjoy) death threats for a twitchy chat channel.

I’ve explained to ccp what i’ve lost. No money, no time btw.
Anyway… you can continue to live in your “magic world”

And Im sure youll get at least what you are owed then.

Who are you even quoting? I really dont think its me thats on drugs around here.

I’m nobody… I answer reality. Which you don’t.
Maybe you are trolling? I hope yes

Chick, let me lay it down plain.

If nothing happens, Ill be happy.
If I get something for at best a minor inconvenience, Im happy.

For some reason, this idea makes you guys mad as heck.

And you think Im the one that has something wrong with them?

What makes you think I stopped playing during that time? :thinking: They made the replacement local available pretty quickly, so no problems for me in that area. It just inhibited fleets, using coordination channels and made big PVP more annoying. Nothing of that sort stops me from playing.

At some point in your life, you will also comprehend the difference between not liking a company and liking a product of the company. I root for you. :slight_smile:

No, feeling sympathy for self-inflicted harm against better knowledge only reminds me why FailArmy is so much fun. I am looking forward to CCP’s explanation dev blog for this string of chat issues, though, and I hope they also explain what caused it and not just what they do to prevent it in the future. :slight_smile: It has nothing to do with being a robot. And seeing people like you go crazy over other people’s opinions adds to the amusement I got out of this debacle. So, for all I care, I have been compensated handsomely already. :innocent:

However, CCP declared the chat problems solved and over after a day of investigation. Only a few hours later, the problems came back even worse/in reality never stopped. This all reminds me an awful lot of this:

I reserve the right to draw vile amusement out of so much negligence. If you don’t like this, you know how to block characters on the forum. :innocent:

Perhaps at some point youll understand the irony of helping people you dont like profit.

So yeah, as I said, a robot who just wants free stuff. I really hope you actually have a feeling other than avarice some day.

At no point have you acted amused, only entitled.

When people make fun of the person who sued McDonalds because their coffee was hot, please remember thats a metaphor for the position you are trying to claim is the way an adult should behave.

Local window keeps minimizing by itself. It has been doing that since I started the game. I’m sure that’s not normal.
Pretty Please fix it.
Thank you.

You would think so, when I reached out to CCP to explain my issues none of which were about intel and local as intel I got a response where they:

• a) stated they had hundreds of tickets complaining (you would think thst moght be a clue for them)

• b) told me it was my fault because I use local as an intel tool. (Wait what? Not the point of my ticket at all)

• c) informed me that local wasn’t intended to be an intel tool (odd given design decisions they’ve made around local)

• d) that I should have used my scanning tool (again not the point of my ticket, but seems to fall nicely in line with @CSMs position based on comments by Mark and Brisc iirc)

• e) thst therefore they could not reimburse my lost asset because I was relying on local as intel (again not the point)

Just to be clear, this was from Devs and not GMS or ISDs?