2023/05/11 - Ongoing - Intermittent chat issues

Gms you know “customer support”.

Edit, I love the fact they rebranded in 2017 from customer support to play experience team, because the experience in dealing with them really went down the toilet after the lass mass firing.

Obligitory F for Phantom, CiD, Logibro, Leelo and dozens of others

Oh I wouldnt belive a GM if he told me the sun was out. They are a shower of shits who know less than nothing.

Literally being killed is probably too good for them.

Its not like they actually do work.

They used to, this is the really sad thing about all of this. It was only a few years ago where they botched the transition of self hosted self managed chat to AWS hosted self managed, and it went so bad that by now then published two dev blogs and gave 500k sp.

A very different response.

But presumably they did that after it happened, and not during?

They started communicating properly during, and qt least as far as CCP are concerned this issue is resolved. Interestingly, Ive seen people here and one of my guys contradict that as recently as today.

So definitely better, resolved probably not, are still looking into things, who knooooows?

Exactly, who knows?

Not 17 year old GMs doing work experience for starters

The Lead GM has been around since at least 2016 in the capacity :slight_smile:

So the manager that doesnt actually answer the phones?

Ultimately the person who sets GM policy. Fun side note I had another GM, Iris, offer compensation in my ticket he has since got overruled by his senior GM overlords.

So, as we know most ingame chats (not just local) were inoperable for a time. Would asking for a reimbursement due to not being able to communicate with your friends ingame to get help not be reasonable?

It wasn’t just local, it was all chats, e.g., Corp, Alliance, Recruitment, Help, Russian Help, French Help, German Help, Rookie Help, community channels, various scam channels, and ironically intel channels…

I highlight Rookie Help because that one channel is significant for new players. Eve has a pretty hard learning curve, and if they find it too hard with too little help they quit and then we miss out. For six days new players had basically no access to Rookie Help.

2 Likes

Sure why not.

Monkeys and typewriters.

GMs literally know less about the game than the trolls who also frequent Rookie Chat.

Damn thing should be closed down.

Oh wait it was.

Well there you go, one upside at least to the alleged loss of chat.

2 Likes

Problem solveeeeeeeed…
Ah no…Yesterday the same for 1 hour :man_facepalming:

1 Like

So the “use Dscan” argument is invalid and just trolls trying to get their daily dopamine hit, if there is no ability to communicate with your friends ingame then the major part of the game is broken, the Multiplayer.

Going to say that sounds more like brakes being broken than the air freshener being old

And before the #Nolifers get in, no EVE is not a solo game, you are just anti social

Amazing, ccp doesn’t even take the time to answer to anything, wouldn’t even be surprised if there was a major shitshow on the fanfest

I really love the fact that, they spend time to “flag the post”, instead reply to answers, and/or give more details…
There are many @ refer to SMGM (super mega game master), no one with a reply
This is amazing

‘Flagged by the community’ != ‘hidden by the community team’. It means another user flagged it, and the system has it auto-hidden until it can be reviewed. And the side-track about drugs was legitimately off-topic.

Yeah, right…
About the 2nd? No one leave a reply?