30-31/01/2020 - Connectivity Issues

can someone create a map where people can click an area they are from that is having issues? possibly resets at DT daily?
and then use this to block their incessant bitching on the forums?

1 Like

They already have one, but I do not know if its something that actually works. East Coast USA is ate up according to the map.

28k people online, somehow. Iā€™ve only been able to be online a couple times with major lag making anything other than PI or industry pretty much impossible. Other times completely unable to log in, even clicking the second ā€˜Connectā€™ button. I get they were working on it, but we havent seen any other updates since things were supposedly getting better. Come on CCP.

New York, US here. No other internet issues whatsoever, able to play plenty of other games.

1 Like

Day six, not able to get it, if I do get in, laggy as ā– ā– ā– ā– 

1 Like

i havent been able to log for the past 5 days, the server connection is not connecting me. I have terabyte internet connection.

1 Like

Going to reply to you one time, but it will be long. Personally, I could not care less about you, other than I will use you to make a point for all those reading this. You are an anonymous internet troll, probably with no real life, and choosing to use your most valuable resource, your time, for attacking other people on the internet. Not my business, and not my concern, other than this post is for others who you attack.

As for my stuff, LOL, you would be amazed at how much I have. I have played for many years and know how to make ISK. I try not to burn bridges, so I will probably just keep it all in 100+ different NPC stations across Eve. If I am smart I would move all that is in POSs to NPC stations. If I were to one day give it away, it would be to friends, and probably a good selection of new pilots to infuse them with resources to hopefully enjoy and contribute to the game. I have no reason to try to hurt the game, and every reason to encourage more and new players in it. Were you truly out to contribute to or help the game, you are smart enough to know any number of ways you could do that, rather than run people off. But this is something of a unique game wherein negative and unproductive people are encouraged to be that way, so perhaps you are winning?

Does not matter, CCP says it is totally your right to do that if you so choose. Now is CCP the smartest gaming company out there? Pretty sure it is not, but not sure who it would be, unless it were Blizzard years ago. Whoever it is, they all make mistakes, just like all of us. But any of them, and any others, who are, or who will eventually be successful, USE their time wisely. Smart people know time IS their most valuable resource.

You choose to use your time to attack people on thee internet. I chose to use mine to write this. However people choose to use their most valuable resource is up to them, but I urge them to ignore people like you, who matter -0-, and do something else of more value.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

It isnt your connection, it is the path it has to take to get to the eve servers. And from what I gather, the measures they put in place to help stop the ddos attacks. It will get fixed. And I am the same as you no problems anywhere else. I suspect that they may have blocked or black listed large blocks of ip addresses to stop the attacks. And we are probably in there, and they are most likely trying to make it work for us.

Just stick with things, you got long skills set at least I hope?

2 Likes

on one of my accounts, on the other i dont believe so, sadly eve took another 3 months subscription pay.

Weird flex but sure.

I am, however, capable of doing more than one thing at once and so your assertion that ā€œthis is how I use my timeā€ is not really accurate. But sure, whatever man.

As for time being the most valuable resource everyone has and my being nothing to you - why did you just spend so much time typing all that out? Kind of negates your entire theme really.

Unlucky.

1 Like

CCP will very probably compensate everyone, and that has been its history. There are problems with all things, especially computers and internet. Things actually go surprisingly well, but when they do not, it is frustrating. I fully expect they will get this fixed soon, and then they can determine appropriate compensation for everyone. So right now is a great time to get the other things done and out of the way, so that when they do get it fixed, you can really enjoy it knowing you made use of the time and got the other crap done.

3 Likes

for me all routing to the eve server stops at siteprotect.security.neustar which must be the company CCP pays for ddos protection, https://www.home.neustar/ddos-protection

Correct. They appear to have been contracted late into the second day.
They are attempting to route good addresses to CCP and bad ones to a ā€˜blackholeā€™ of sorts.
Will still be some time to get this smoothed out.

1 Like

Day 6. Same problems as before, hard to get in, then after 5 to 10 minutes it lags hard and disconnects. But the chat was working. Iā€™m so glad CCP has got itā€™s priorities strait. Chat first, connection problems later.

OK, I am going to change what I said, because that was a very fair response I did not expect. Lets clear the deck if that works for you. :grinning:

I want to give back a little, here as well as otherwise.

So, moving ahead, like most all who play this game, you have a good mind and probably related skills, can multi-task (though studies show that is not the way to go when doing something really important), and can adapt, which is huge.

And you are right that people need to ADAPT to this. Change is a given in life. Maybe moreso than taxes, and as much as death. If you adapt you can survive, and better, succeed, and even better, be happy.

Take care and fly safe.

Same problems in East Coast US, the only way I can play if by RDP into UK.

It isnā€™t about you. We all couldnā€™t care less about you as a person. It is what you represent. The fact that our society has failed so miserably that some people are left so lonely that they are forced to seek negative attention on the internet like an ignored toddler. Society has failed you mate, and for that I am really sorry.

6 Likes

On Monday the 27th at approximately 3:30 PM EST, the DDoS began. About 4 hours later, the effects from that attack were still being felt with the standard stuttering lag. I was running some stuff with Corpmates and after a few hours, we called it a night. Tuesday after restart, there were still some issues but for the most part the game was playable. It was odd that the effects from the DDoS were still being felt in the early morning, but again, I realize itā€™s a game and computers are fragile things.

Wednesday and Thursday were even worse, and for the most part it was seemed to be treated like those affected had done something wrong or were clueless as to what to do to make their connection to the game work better because clearly it was on our end. Late Thursday, CCP finally made a post of - Hey, stuffs a little messed up. Weā€™re going to have extended maintenance tomorrow to patch things up. -

Their extended down time was about 5 to 10 minutes in which the Chat channels were completely messed up, as well as the lag being even more excessive and difficultly of logging in was at an all time high. It was like you took your car to the garage to have the engine looked at, and during the inspection they broke out the rear window. To ā€˜repair itā€™ they just wrapped Duct tape over the frame and at the end of the day were - Alright, the car mostly works. Here ya go. -

The engine was never even looked at during all this.

Now itā€™s Saturday morning, coming up on almost a week of this with little to no idea of what is being done, if anything. Are these Connectivity issues even still being looked at or are they looking at them through glasses with eyes painted on them while they are napping.

There is patience, but there is also the fact we are customers. I do enjoy this game and I am by no means looking to burn what I have down and run away from it. I would however enjoy actually playing it. Or at least have some idea as to what is happening.

I know ZERO about all this, so despite my observations and frustration I do realize this is far more complicated than I could figure out. Far more difficult to fix than just taking an Etcha Sketch, shaking it a bit and starting over, clearly. I also do appreciate the work that goes in to a game like this. And of course, every little thing said about the situation needs to be cautious and measured as you donā€™t want to say too much. Also anything they say will be taken extremely out of context and go from one extreme to the other.

Something other than -Weā€™re working on it. Thanks for the money!- would be appreciated.

5 Likes

You seem to use the same terminology as Wu Zhi

Wow. You know what? I donā€™t want your stuff.

Ok, I didnā€™t expect it in the first place and I only say that to people cos it is so old and unlikely it just amuses me and makes me chuckle that I can even be bothered to type it. Yes - that is childish. Ofc it is! This is the internet and I am old enough to know none of it matters so childish is as valid as being miserable about stuff but is more fun than misery so I choose childish.

Thing is, none of this is why I genuinely donā€™t want your stuff.
I donā€™t want it cos I donā€™t want you to leave. You have a head on your shoulders and you didnā€™t get all butthurt and ragey and stupid about it. You actually read what I wrote and responded to what I wrote instead of getting out of your pram about it. I am fkn stunned that people as grown up as you are still here and THAT is why I donā€™t want your stuff.

Getting your stuff would only happen if you left EVE and that stuff would just be a heartbreaking reminder that a grown-up I would probably get on with if I ever met (never going to happen but you get the point) left a game that would then be less than it was for their absence.

Eve is playing fine for me again after I did this.