350k exp is no consolation when this is what we have to deal with next to it

This! Lol! Great idea, really.

as someone who has played the game for 10+ years, this wave of ddos is accompanied by a culture of tolerance toward developer incompetence.

CCP’s stance on this when the game has persistent faults which have been occuring for 2 years as i understand it, is tantamount to groupthink madness.

the playerbase’s support of a developer that can’t keep it’s product in order is actaully quite sad.

the fact you think people who are demanding a return to a standard of operation that is enjoyable as ‘salt’ is childish is the height of irony, because you are childishly employing groupthink to attempt to discredit those who are talking sense.

this isn’t about ‘right and wrong’ it’s about sensibility.

T3d’s are switching mode in a lagged fashion, gates aren’t responding accordingly, commands are falling through the server and multitudes of other problems have been caused by this ■■■■ storm.

i refuse to tolerate casual players purporting those who want their game to function responsively are ‘salty’ the players saying this just aren’t upto scratch and don’t actually understand anything about professional conduct.

if you can’t see the problem, you have no reason to demand others be okay with that opinion just because you’re okay with the game you play being sub-par, simply because you don’t care to notice or aren’t able to notice, doesn’t mean the issues don’t exist.

stop being accepting of the game being in a state that people have every right to be critical of, it doesn’t affect the game negatively, it just pressures CCP to fix the mess which as a developer they had a duty to prevent.

how a DDOS can affect a server which is on par with military grade supercomputers is beyond me, could anyone care to enlighten on that topic?

entitlement is very strong in this one. the salt by the OP is very delish. Keep crying about how you are blaming ccp for you not being able to play the game. CCP under NO circumstances had to offer the 350k SP to us, but they did. If you kept pulling in SP, during the ddos then why are you moaning about it… at least it didn’t stop the skilling up.

While I don’t like some of the changes that CCP has done, I will give them credit for things they try to fix, even though its out of their control, IE DDoS attacks, by most likely salty ass players who were banned , or probably didn’t like some of the recent changes they’ve been making.

I enjoy the wild ■■■■ show that WWE2K20 turned out to be. Yea its broken in a few areas, but I still enjoy it. Do i give them full compliments on the game? ■■■■ no. But i’m also not whining and crying telling other people to not play it.

if you think him assessing people’s blind loyalty is name calling, i don’t think you’re in a position to claim he’s conducting ad hominem.

the only people doing so are the ones claiming people are ‘salty’

no, OP straight up insulting @Runa_Yamaguchi for no apparent reason. I don’t always Agree with her or Scoots, but in this case, i do.

keep using that word because i don’t think it means, what you believe it means.

entitlement is something people generate by their actions dependent upon how often they repeat such.

expectation for a product you purchase to be at a standard of operation that is enjoyable for all who play, instead of being tolerable isn’t entitlement, it’s literally part of the contractual agreement CCP has with you.

carry on defending CCP’s lack of professionality, because it proves many things about this game as it is at present.

Nothing in this game belongs to OP, not characters, not skillpoints, not ships assets etc.
him being entitled, “belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment”
is a correct use of that word considering he has no vested interest in the game.

if you consider being called a fanboy being insulted, but calling someone salty is appropriate, then you’re not mature enough to be having a debate regarding fallacious conduct at all.

because you’re seemingly employing cognitive bias with regards to this matter.

Except there is no evidence presented of that blind loyalty (or fanboy). It’s just being used as an insult and to explain why we’re opposing his position. Replace that with “racist” or “sexist” and also supply no evidence and you will quickly see what we mean. All in all, we’ve remained pretty calm in this thread so…

1 Like

now you’re utilising strawman? give over.

arguing due to ambiguity or incredulity because you can’t see they underlying basis of people’s argument as if things have to be explictly evident proves my point that you haven’t grasped any of the points he’s making at all.

Well, no. We do grasp them, we just don’t agree. The difference is he had a tantrum over it while we remained calm and collected…which you don’t seem to like.

One would think that you would be debating the issue but instead you are just continuing to attack people that oppose the OP…wonder why that is :thinking:

calling someone salty isn’t staying calm and collected, it’s provocative and childish.

the irony there is actually risible.

if you think me contesting your points is me attacking you, you’ve probably never been attacked.

considering this is the second topic that OP made, because he is being bratty, then yes while we are calm and collected, he is throwing a hissy fit.

this was from his other topic

350k xp is peanut shells.
You can shove that 350k right up your keister ccp, along with your garbage product.

If the DDoS’ers aims are to frustrate players and make some of them leave… Then they are winning

So Toros, do you not see a problem with his attitude??

Except there is poof though the OP’s actions that that adjective is somewhat valid. It would be like calling him upset, which would have also been just as valid. “provocative and childish” maybe but succinct nonetheless.

Well you are arguing against us and for the OP…please suggest another word then.

the only problem i see is the groupthink toward supporting a product that is lacking in it’s overall playability at present.

and a population of players willing to jump on the bandwagon due to cognitive bias.

stop being so post modernist, i offered my opinion on a thread, i’m not being supportive of the OP i’m just stating my opinions on the situation, regarding the topic the OP posted about.

I’m playing it just fine…I had minor issues over my 7 account during the DDoS and feel the 350K-SP more than made-up for that.

I am very negative about CCP/EVE’s trajectory however and often voice that…no bandwagons seen except by you it seems…

2 Likes

CCP even claims the game may not always be playable due to assclowns that want to throw down DDoS’s. Which is why on consoles I avoid games that have to be online only to play, that way i’m not troubled if I cannot connect to a game and play. There’s been plenty of DDoS attacks on consoles but you never really see anybody cry about that, unless they were dumb enough to buy a game that was online only.

WE are not fully taking up for CCP, are there problems with the game, yes. Is CCP to blame for some of the problems. Yes. are they at fault for DDOS, no.

2 Likes

I’m playing it just fine…I had minor issues over my 7 account during the DDoS and feel the 350K-SP more than made-up for that.

again CCP has done plenty of repayments like this in the past, i never mentioned the sp refund in my original comment so it’s besides the points i was making.

I am very negative about CCP/EVE’s trajectory however and often voice that…no bandwagons seen except by you it seems…

CCP is seemingly lacking a multitude of clues in regards to what is good for the health of the game these days from what i can tell

just the persistent attempt to dismiss someone who’s raising issues as ‘salty’ that causes me to indicate groupthink

WE are not fully taking up for CCP, are there problems with the game, yes. Is CCP to blame for some of the problems. Yes. are they at fault for DDOS, no.

tbh, them not being able to secure their server, is their fault, albeit a very difficult task to accomplish, of which they have done a stellar job at correcting tbf.