64-Bit Client Mass test on Duality on Tuesday, March 5th

@Mac-Gregor4 has the right of it.

No installation or reinstallation required. You already have the 64 bit client files on your machine, and the launcher selects the appropriate path when we set it to do so.

In this case, all you have to do is:

1. Start the launcher
  2. Set the version type to Beta (use the Settings option in the E menu at the upper right)
  3. Choose Duality as your server (in the lower right)
  4. Start the game

Please disseminate this information as far and wide as you like. All of tonight’s participants should follow these steps prior to the start of the test.

duality not accepting cnnections…

Yep…still in VIP mode for now…We will open it up later today!

Thanks for checking, though! Make sure your launcher is in Beta mode!

omega mode launcher when :smiley:
markets on duality will be seede? atleast faction/cosmos modules would be eoungh

You guys want some detailed test on our (my) end? Like hardware, memory usage, client logging etc. when testing 64-bit client or there is no point sending it to devs?

You’re a saint, @Mac-Gregor4.

Please PLEASE drop me info via the f12 bug report tool in client.

Doing so will auto attach logs and numbers, but you can also screenshot anything wonky, or mention anything concerning.

Just add a “ATTN: Antiquarian x64 Mass Test” in the title/description.

2 Likes

Why would anyone want Skillpoints on Singularity? Couldn’t you just enable it for Tranquility and give a 50k reward or something? Even no Reward would be okay with me. I would use it but I’m only interested in gaining more for my Characters on Tranquility.

None force you to participate in mass tests. Afik idea of mass test is to test new things in game and help devs give info how things work and what improve before stuff move to TQ. And SP reward is also good so you can easily test your own stuff like weird fits on test server without risk of losing isk.

2 Likes

VIP has been lifted.

HEADS UP: If you don’t use the beta launcher, you’ll remain in 32-bit.

1 Like

so as you’ve said… mac users will still be running 32 bit… but can we like join in the testing today?

You are welcome to jump in, and to report any issues. They just won’t be 64-bit related, directly.

Having more capsuleers on grid will be good for us, and you’ll even earn the Singularity skill points!

thanks for the answer.

not really into skill points since I’m having a bit of a wine issue or something when I connect to sisi. but after i read about the planned fight, might as well hop in and see, and have a fun fight

I am using Wine to run eve+launcher, will switching to beta allow the wine32 to run the eve64.exe?
If not can we have a link to the 64bit build so we can install the launcher under 64 bit wine client or would that fail?

With regards

as CCP Antiquarian said yesterday or so, 64-bit eve for mac doesn’t exist yet. 64-bit Mac Client, Wine, and YOU <-- take a look at that article.

but I am (and other mac users) are hoping that it will be out soon

Never mind, the 64bit client is running :slight_smile:

Erm, I am not on a “Mac” I am on a PC 64bit architecture, running Linux (developer)

As pointed out here:

eve.exe is running from the bin64 on the installation.

1 Like

don’t understant those stuff. but by the sound of it, I think its good.

fly safe

As my team doesn’t officially support Linux, I am ill equipped to comment except to say that I am excited that you got it working and more than happy to have your input and participation here.

It’s running sweet as… The PC is enjoying running cooler at 64bits rather than stuffing 32 bits in the 32Gb available across the 32 threads :smiley: